FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
"Club upgrade with points" is what they show under one tab.

But under the "points+cash" tab, it's there along with standard rooms. Same points+cash price for club rooms as regular rooms on some of the nights I've seen it.

Ł325 GBP + 3,000 Points

vs.

12,500 Points + Ł122 GBP

is the kind of stuff I see for club rooms.
Originally Posted by thucanhho
The C&P for standard room and "regency club view" room were the same at Hyatt Churchill for the time I am there: $150 +12.5K points.

Again, as diamond I never payed attention to this. As explorist next year, I will need to remind myself to look.
Interesting... Will keep that in mind. Thank you!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by thucanhho
The C&P for standard room and "regency club view" room were the same at Hyatt Churchill for the time I am there: $150 +12.5K points.

Again, as diamond I never payed attention to this. As explorist next year, I will need to remind myself to look.
I noticed that too - wonder if it is a mistake in how they loaded the rates? I had booked it a couple of days ago for travel in August and P&C was not available, so I had booked using full-points. For some reason I decided to look yesterday and P&C was available, and as you said of the Regency Club View King. So I booked and cancelled the full-point reservation.

Looked again just now for the same dates and P&C is not available again.

The standard Room is for 25,000 points or Ł352. The Regency Club View King for not available for Points but available for Ł502 (Queen in that category is for 33,000). So feeling like the P&C for 12,500 and Ł122 is quite a good deal! Even though as a "Globalist" I would have gotten the club access anyway. However, I'm one of the ones that usually is close to 60 nights a year, so very much prefer doing P&C over award bookings as they count towards status.

Last edited by SF1K; Jan 23, 2017 at 4:31 pm
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:53 pm

So I'm finding these changes are having a bit more of an impact than they really should and I'm not particularly acting that rationally.

As stated somewhere in this thread, this doesn't actually do much to me as a high spend, low-mid night platinum, it may actually help me as I can hit the mid-tier on an average year though spend and may hit globalist when historically I never had a chance on nights or stays for diamond.

But I just really don't care now - between branding that feels completely awful, a roll out that was clumsy and me having had a good hard look at the Hyatt footprint due to these changes, I have no enthusiasm for Hyatt at all anymore. To date we've got all of our travel planned out until September and there's not a single Hyatt in there... This is the first time in five years that has happened as a previously loyal member.

I'm sorry Jeff - you screwed up. You've lost me - loyalty is easy to squander and hard to get back. I'm not saying I'm going to SPG or any other chain, I'm a free agent now - I'll stay at Hyatt's when they make sense but I'm done with loyalty. I've got in the order of $30,000 worth of hotel stays booked/paid for this year already and precisely 0 of that is going to you - previously Hyatt would have taken probably 2/3 of that.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Productivity, I have to disagree with you, sounds like you are acting quite that rationally
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rooivalk
Has anyone had any success with the Guest of Honor in 2017? Called twice but the agents seem to have no clue what it is about...
Same problem here. They said it is down until the world of hyatt comes in... This is very unexpected and unannounced news
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rooivalk
Has anyone had any success with the Guest of Honor in 2017? Called twice but the agents seem to have no clue what it is about...
I can no longer find the English language page for Guest of Honor, but the Japanese page is still up, and makes it clear that the program expired on December 30, 2016.

https://www.hyatt.com/partnerlanding...-of-honor.html
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I can no longer find the English language page for Guest of Honor, but the Japanese page is still up, and makes it clear that the program expired on December 30, 2016.

https://www.hyatt.com/partnerlanding...-of-honor.html
The English page is here (Click "Terms & Conditions"):

https://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/conten...-of-honor.html

And since the Japanese page is a translation of the English page, the English page also states "award stays through December 30, 2016".
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
It does state this as a benefit of WOH Globalist status:

"Share your in-hotel benefits with your Guest of Honor when transferring an eligible award"
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by SF1K
It does state this as a benefit of WOH Globalist status:

"Share your in-hotel benefits with your Guest of Honor when transferring an eligible award"
Yes, it seems, as least as per the T&C, that the period from Jan 1 through Feb 28 is in a state of limbo.

Typical of Hyatt IT, especially with regard to the WoH rollout.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by edgewood49
did you call the Diamond Desk ? I have used this twice and works except for Maui Andaz but then that property doesn't really care
I booked over the weekend for my son and his bride for Park Hyatt Sydney. No problems
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by frogss29
I booked over the weekend for my son and his bride for Park Hyatt Sydney. No problems
I hope they get treated better than my son and his bride did last year at the Maui Andaz I had to go all the way to Chicago to get it taken care of, "My Hyatt Concierge " helped me greatly in that. Got a personal call from the GM.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by edgewood49
did you call the Diamond Desk ? I have used this twice and works except for Maui Andaz but then that property doesn't really care
I also did a Guest of Honor stay recently. On 1/15 I booked a stay for 1/26-1/29. I called the Diamond line, and they had no problems.

Last edited by jameswes; Jan 24, 2017 at 9:04 am
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: Delta
Points + cash

Can you please remind me ... Do points + cash rooms count as full stays for status in the old program and WOH? Also, after March 1, rewards stays have free parking and no resort fees, correct? Just finalizing two trips. Thanks!

Last edited by lucke27; Jan 24, 2017 at 7:28 pm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lucke27
Can you please remind me ... Do points + cash rooms count as full stays for status in the old program and WOH? Also, after March 1, rewards stays have free parking and no resort fees, correct? Just finalizing two trips. Thanks!
Yes and yes.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Productivity

I'm sorry Jeff - you screwed up. You've lost me - loyalty is easy to squander and hard to get back. I'm not saying I'm going to SPG or any other chain, I'm a free agent now - I'll stay at Hyatt's when they make sense but I'm done with loyalty. I've got in the order of $30,000 worth of hotel stays booked/paid for this year already and precisely 0 of that is going to you - previously Hyatt would have taken probably 2/3 of that.
I'm confused. You already have 30000 in hotels booked and normally would have spent 2/3 of that in hyatt, but aren't going to now because of the new requirements for diamond? Even though supposedly you would have already booked 20000 in hyatt spend, earning you diamond again anyway?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.