FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
So, as a Globalist (shudder) starting in March, what's my incentive to hit 30 nights this year even if my goal is Explorist? Seems like no incentive. WoH gets even more stupid and ill-thought out.
Well I think WoH provides a lot of incentive ... incentive to go someplace else.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by RTW1
There is no soft landing now... that's why it contradicts with all the other savings.
Pretty sure a few years ago I was softlanded from Diamond to Plat.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:42 am

So, as a Globalist (shudder) starting in March, what's my incentive to hit 30 nights this year even if my goal is Explorist? Seems like no incentive. WoH gets even more stupid and ill-thought out.
Likewise, what would be the point? Just burn points, DSUs, and maximize current top tier (can't use Glob with a straight face) benefits. Post soft landing to mid level (Explorist?), just utilize whatever benefits remaining and qualify for top tier if convenient.

If not, just turn the page. No big deal.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The incentive seems to be to use points during the Glob year and max out that free parking on award stays Glob benefit without worrying about free nights not counting for status. For the following year, the incentive would be to qualify with 30 nights, of which one has four 7 night stays in places with good club lounges, and the other two nights in the cheapest possible Hyatts.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
No incentives beyond the obvious (Diamond benefits until March 1, progress to lifetime, etc.).

This is one of the reasons that point burning will become a conflagration this year.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by zombietooth
+1
Perhaps he is thinking about such high-end properties as the Hyatt Regency Rochester? I stayed there for a wedding recently and, as a Diamond with an upgraded room, I would've had a better experience by far at a Hampton Inn, where I did move after a couple of days (and for a much cheaper rate), and an equal experience at a Baymont Suites. In short, the HR Rochester is a dump with poorly-trained staff.
Well Put. That is one Hyatt I did not enjoy. Rude. Spent three nights at HR Toronto, then HR Rochester. The difference was profound and I also left after a night to the Marriott on the Canal outside of town.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Might have been more timely a few days ago when the discussion was really centered on similar content, but you may be interested in the attached link:

https://skift.com/2017/01/17/hyatt-c...eds-of-guests/

My career has been entirely in a different industry, but one with more and more varied players, with more of them coming and going. All but one stop ended when the employer was forced to drastically shrink or just plain went under chasing a flawed strategy.

My point being similar to what is noted immediately above. The average North American Hyatt FS is not in the premium market at all, despite what Hyatt seems to be telling themselves. Solid enough for the middle class vacation and business market, but the "money is no object" crowd has better choices. Hyatt mostly 3-star, a few 4-star, but many to most a bit tired and not aspirational. "Making them remodel" is more likely to just cause them to re-flag.

I don't see this strategy as being realistic let alone working.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by jayer
Might have been more timely a few days ago when the discussion was really centered on similar content, but you may be interested in the attached link:

https://skift.com/2017/01/17/hyatt-c...eds-of-guests/

My career has been entirely in a different industry, but one with more and more varied players, with more of them coming and going. All but one stop ended when the employer was forced to drastically shrink or just plain went under chasing a flawed strategy.

My point being similar to what is noted immediately above. The average North American Hyatt FS is not in the premium market at all, despite what Hyatt seems to be telling themselves. Solid enough for the middle class vacation and business market, but the "money is no object" crowd has better choices. Hyatt mostly 3-star, a few 4-star, but many to most a bit tired and not aspirational. "Making them remodel" is more likely to just cause them to re-flag.

I don't see this strategy as being realistic let alone working.
Agree and strongly feel there will be an "adjustment" coming, those that stay the course will be rewarded. He is correct 2016 was full of "knee jerk" reactions by various chains 2017 will see much less if not any, which frankly I am glad to see. As a FF that actually pays it's a relief.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Agree and strongly feel there will be an "adjustment" coming, those that stay the course will be rewarded. He is correct 2016 was full of "knee jerk" reactions by various chains 2017 will see much less if not any, which frankly I am glad to see. As a FF that actually pays it's a relief.
Rewarded how?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JackE
Rewarded how?

We expect that we will continue to extend that platform to be able to include many different types of experiences and to allow us to have a much higher level of engagement with our guests.

Straight from the CEO. Here we go again....
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'm not looking for engagement..... Provide me with decent benefits, make sure the properties provide them and make my stay good to great. But I guess that ship has passed.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by JackE
Rewarded how?
rhetorical I have no idea just passing on an opinion like 99% in here opinion
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
I'm not looking for engagement..... Provide me with decent benefits, make sure the properties provide them and make my stay good to great. But I guess that ship has passed.
Not passed. Sunk.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:58 am

RE: Concierge benefit

Assume it's similar to the SPG one. Are all requalifying Diamonds eligible for this post March, or only those who re qualified with 60+ nights?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Visconti
RE: Concierge benefit

Assume it's similar to the SPG one. Are all requalifying Diamonds eligible for this post March, or only those who re qualified with 60+ nights?
What mine told me on the phone that if I do not re qualify then it goes away. I have made the decision to stay with Hyatt for another two years as I plan on scaling back travel letting my up and comers to take more on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.