Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by 2485TravelGuy
Um, why did I receive a new Diamond Gold Passport card in the mail when everything is switching to Hyatt World?

Did I miss something along the way?
Maybe due to technical glitches with the new WoH program there is going to be a long delay in launching it.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Um, why did I receive a new Diamond Gold Passport card in the mail when everything is switching to Hyatt World?

Are you a newly minted Diamond, or is this a renewal card?

Not that the card serves any purpose beyond ice scraping your car windows...
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:43 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

nothing missed... WoH starts on 1 March 17. So only logic that u receive a Diamond card. You need a new card for the period jan and feb 17
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by 59Impala
nothing missed... WoH starts on 1 March 17. So only logic that u receive a Diamond card. You need a new card for the period jan and feb 17
Only if he is a newly qualifying Diamond, since the current card expires 28 Feb 2917.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I'm doubling down on Hyatt in 2017. I'm not sure I will see the increased benefits of Glob though until 2018 after the new program weeds out the 25 stay crowd. I expect that 2017 will be tough to get award redemptions as the 25 stay Diamonds cash out of the program by expending their points and move their spend over to SPG-Marriott or Hilton.

I also fully expect that 50% or more of my stays will be HP/HH properties because they have more locations available. I read peoples complaints about HP but from my experience, they are on par or better than the comparable Courtyard or Garden Inn. I do like Garden Inns though but HP are fine if you can get past the breakfast.....

I'm raising the Hyatt flag for another year and into 2018, hoorah!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Only if he is a newly qualifying Diamond, since the current card expires 28 Feb 2917.
Geez, one more slap in the face by Hyatt. My DM card only goes to Feb 28, 2017. I feel so cheated
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by RTW1
They don't officially get access now for that second room.... and chances will be even less, this benefit has been amended for a reason.
For the past years that I have been Diamond and when I had two rooms, everyone was given access (never more than 4 of us) and I appreciated that, even if it wasn't a stated benefit.

But what about the new policy on breakfast in properties without a Club. Two breakfasts per room registered in my name or just two breakfasts total ?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Im not one of the so called '25 stay crowd'. I archieved diamond by 52 nights/15 stays this year.

I still think Hyatt(WOH) is not appealing anymore.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
lol I got a 2018 diamond card about 3 weeks before WOH. 😂

Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Have just completed a trip in North Asia, and after completing my 25 Hyatt stays I canceled all further Hyatt reservations and changed them to Marriotts. I am SPG LT Plat, newly matched Marriott Plat. It seems to be true that Marriott have advised their hotels to treat 'new family members' exceptionally well. Upgraded to very nice suites, nice treatment, no problem with late checkout at 4pm....I know it won't last forever, but one more nail in my Hyatt coffin.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
For the past years that I have been Diamond and when I had two rooms, everyone was given access (never more than 4 of us) and I appreciated that, even if it wasn't a stated benefit.

But what about the new policy on breakfast in properties without a Club. Two breakfasts per room registered in my name or just two breakfasts total ?
Sounds like two total as it dropped down for a reason.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by edcho
Sounds like two total as it dropped down for a reason.
but surely, with "enhanced" benefits
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Im not one of the so called '25 stay crowd'. I archieved diamond by 52 nights/15 stays this year.

I still think Hyatt(WOH) is not appealing anymore.
And you're (like me) the exact Diamond type that gets pushed away from Hyatt with WoH. The 60-100+ nights group have a near neutral change (upgrade benefits are now property-discretionary, loss of W1 not offset by free night(s) with 120 day expiry, parking and resort fee waivers of limited value)... less than Diamonds (i.e. Platinums) never got much anyway and now can qualify for four RC upgrades... but this Diamond segment like you and me have a serious loss of benefits as we get put down-tier. Hyatt could have chosen to leave us somewhat whole and enhanced the 60-100+ night segment, but instead did a devaluation of benefits - "not appealing anymore" is my thoughts exactly.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I'm doubling down on Hyatt in 2017. I'm not sure I will see the increased benefits of Glob though until 2018 after the new program weeds out the 25 stay crowd. I expect that 2017 will be tough to get award redemptions as the 25 stay Diamonds cash out of the program by expending their points and move their spend over to SPG-Marriott or Hilton.

I also fully expect that 50% or more of my stays will be HP/HH properties because they have more locations available. I read peoples complaints about HP but from my experience, they are on par or better than the comparable Courtyard or Garden Inn. I do like Garden Inns though but HP are fine if you can get past the breakfast.....

I'm raising the Hyatt flag for another year and into 2018, hoorah!
I'll be moving from HP to Westin's, etc., not Garden Inn. HP's were for chasing Diamond.

Last edited by JackE; Dec 8, 2016 at 1:04 pm
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
but surely, with "enhanced" benefits
Two (2) complimentary coffee refills per person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.