FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Two (2) complimentary coffee refills per person.
You mean 1 per registered guest, maximum of 2.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by 2485TravelGuy
Um, why did I receive a new Diamond Gold Passport card in the mail when everything is switching to Hyatt World?

Did I miss something along the way?
I re-qualified last month and got a new Hyatt Diamond card about two weeks ago. Oddly enough, it says it's valid through February 28, 2018.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by 2485TravelGuy
Um, why did I receive a new Diamond Gold Passport card in the mail when everything is switching to Hyatt World?

Did I miss something along the way?
A rudderless ship cannot be turned.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Sykes
I re-qualified last month and got a new Hyatt Diamond card about two weeks ago. Oddly enough, it says it's valid through February 28, 2018.
So insist on your Diamond benefits (amenities, for example) until that date.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JackE
A rudderless ship cannot be turned.

Its amazing isn't it. It is the sort of thing that makes it a lot easier to leave after this, doesn't bode for a better future.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport
Dear FlyerTalker's,

[...]
I hope you’re as excited about World of Hyatt as I am.

Save travels,
Jeff Zidell
Jeff, clearly, flyertalkers are more excited than you may have thought possible, but it may not be the excitement that you were expecting.
For my part, I am not too happy either, but I have a suggestion.

How about creating family accounts for couples? Even better, having that if the two members total 95 nights, they both get Globalist status?

I am of course offering this suggestion in self interest. But it could help more than myself.
My husband and I are both diamonds. We travel both individually and together. Doing both 60 nights is going to be tough. But combined, we can do 90, 95, 100 nights. If both would have to do 60, I think we'll have to reconsider our choices and Hyatt may very well lose one loyal customer and possibly both. We can do Hilton's 30 stays each, making Hilton mighty tempting. With a family option as suggested, we would definitely stay with Hyatt.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Stay at 5 different brands get 1 night free - is this offer valid for each year or for the first year only? I so what remember I saw someone mentioned it is valid for the first year only... not sure...
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Tommys888
Stay at 5 different brands get 1 night free - is this offer valid for each year or for the first year only? I so what remember I saw someone mentioned it is valid for the first year only... not sure...
One time only, but you don't have to finish in the first year.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
One time only, but you don't have to finish in the first year.
Given how the new Hyatt touts this as a huge benefit, it's understandable to assume it's annual.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JackE
Given how the new Hyatt touts this as a huge benefit, it's understandable to assume it's annual.
Agreed. It is really somewhat misleading (IMO) to make this promo part of the WoH program.

And actually, my answer was somewhat incorrect. You can currently earn two such awards for 10 unique brands.

https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...d/en/faqs.html

Can I receive more than one 5-Brand Free Night Award?

Yes, you may receive more than one 5-Brand Free Night Award after staying at five unique Hyatt brands based on the total number of unique Hyatt brands. As of March 1, 2017, when World of Hyatt launches, the maximum earning of these awards is two based on the current number of unique Hyatt brands.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Guys question...

For Diamonds (with less than 60 nights for 2016), do we need to stay 60 nights or 55 nights on 2017 to get Globalist status on March 2018?

Kinda confusing as the WOH terms stated that only Globalists who achieved 60 nights (minimum) can requal for same status by achieving 55 nights.

"...A Member who qualifies for Globalist status by satisfying the minimum Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual standards set forth above may re-qualify for Globalist status for the following year by either recording a minimum of fifty-five (55) Tier-Qualifying Nights or by earning one hundred thousand (100,000) Base Points during the current Calendar Year."

So does this mean for Diamonds with less than 60 nights for 2016 have to obtain 60 nights next year to requal the year after next and not 55 nights?

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
You have to stay 60 nights in 2017 to requalify. It doesn't matter how many nights you have in 2016.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Lifetime Diamond/Glob DSUs?

I can't remember if there has been a confirmed response for the Lifetime Glob DSU policy yet.

My understanding is that Lifetime Diamonds/Globs will not get the DSUs unless we hit 60 nights the first year (2017) and 55 nights per year thereafter.

Is this correct?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
You have to stay 60 nights in 2017 to requalify. It doesn't matter how many nights you have in 2016.
Pretty sure this is wrong. I believe once you are Diamond (I still refuse to say the stupid new names...NEVER!), you only need 55 from there unless you fail to re-qualify one year, then you need 60 again. I am relatively confident if you are Diamond now, you need 55 next year.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth
I can't remember if there has been a confirmed response for the Lifetime Glob DSU policy yet.

My understanding is that Lifetime Diamonds/Globs will not get the DSUs unless we hit 60 nights the first year (2017) and 55 nights per year thereafter.

Is this correct?
It was supposedly stated on their FB page, IIRC, that you get DSUs every year regardless of your nights per year as a new LT Diamond and as an existing LT Diamond then newly converted "LT Diamond with the new stupid name that is Diamond but isn't Diamond."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.