Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
[...] in a way-too-big (1280 square feet) VIP Suite [...]
My first house was smaller than that. Were you given a map?
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Yes, several times during the past year, all domestic. Including 2 nights at $99 each in a way-too-big (1280 square feet) VIP Suite at Hyatt Regency DFW recently.
Thanks, I was only able to book at a Hyatt House earlier this year on this rate and didn't receive an upgrade but considering it was HH I didn't really care. Every other booking has been points/certs.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by serpens
My first house was smaller than that. Were you given a map?
My first 3 or 4 homes were smaller . I wrote a little more regarding "too big" on the HR DFW review thread.

Originally Posted by SawBo
Thanks, I was only able to book at a Hyatt House earlier this year on this rate and didn't receive an upgrade but considering it was HH I didn't really care. Every other booking has been points/certs.
I’ve had much better luck. Approximately 100 actual nights in the past 15 months when I learned of the Healthcare rate about 2-3 months after Glob status. Mostly Hyatt Regencies and Hyatt Places, 90% on Healthcare rate of $99-$129, ~30%-60% of best other available rate. Upgraded on ~75% of Regency stays and also at Hyatt House(s) LAX, Tampa Downtown and Parsippany/Whippany. Most upgrades automated, occasionally upon request.

With such great Healthcare rates I’ve been paying cash for most of my stays and banking points (and FNA certs) for expensive stays at ski resort properties; 15K per night at Hyatt Place Park City and 25-30K per night at Grand Hyatt Vail (during ski season) are excellent redemptions.

Big kudos to Hyatt for Healthcare rate AND generous (eased) Glob requirements last year AND generous credit card TQN offers for the past couple of years AND Concierge program AND great redemptions. Other programs may do 1 or 2 or 3 of those things well, Hyatt seems to do them all well. Hyatt is at the top of my list.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
4pm Late Checkout not offered at Non-Resort HR?

Very strange the Hyatt App isn’t allowing the option for 4pm late checkout for a non-Resort Hyatt Regency (Valencia) I’ve always seen the option in the app.

Also another oddity is being offered an upgrade for $50 per night as a Globalist, yet the actual room difference to the upgraded room is only $30 per night.

Last edited by Matt4200; Jul 2, 2022 at 8:59 am
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Very strange the Hyatt App isn’t allowing the option for 4pm late checkout for a non-Resort Hyatt Regency (Valencia) I’ve always seen the option in the app.

Also another oddity is being offered an upgrade for $50 per night as a Globalist, yet the actual room difference to the upgraded room is only $30 per night.

inability to select a 4pm checkout happens pretty regularly for me. And the upcharges are often configured incorrectly too - eg “bottle of Prosecco on arrival” will be charged as $50 per night instead of $50 total. Same thing with being offered an up charge for for late checkout as Globalist. Usually never have an issue with late checkout.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
inability to select a 4pm checkout happens pretty regularly for me. And the upcharges are often configured incorrectly too - eg “bottle of Prosecco on arrival” will be charged as $50 per night instead of $50 total. Same thing with being offered an up charge for for late checkout as Globalist. Usually never have an issue with late checkout.
Good to hear. We’ve stayed at this property a dozen times over the pandemic and never had the 4pm not show up in app or the upcharge even offered. I wasn’t sure if it was due to the category change since they recently “upgraded” to Cat 3.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 8:36 am

First year having suite upgrade certificates. Booked a hotel using points and then called to apply a certificate. The representative confirmed availability and then put my on hold while she called the hotel to block out the suite. Came back and said all set and that I would receive a confirming email within 2 hours. It has been a couple of days and no email. Upgrade cert is still in account.

How does all this work? Is there supposed to be a confirmation of some sort? Just don't want to show up and have them say they don't know what I'm talking about.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
First year having suite upgrade certificates. Booked a hotel using points and then called to apply a certificate. The representative confirmed availability and then put my on hold while she called the hotel to block out the suite. Came back and said all set and that I would receive a confirming email within 2 hours. It has been a couple of days and no email. Upgrade cert is still in account.

How does all this work? Is there supposed to be a confirmation of some sort? Just don't want to show up and have them say they don't know what I'm talking about.
in 2 occasions I didn’t receive any confirmation (it took a while for the Suit upgrade certificates to be processed after they transferred the process to the back office); I contacted the hotel to confirm.

Edit - one of the 2 reservations was cash rate.
lkar likes this.

Last edited by Illinwu; Jul 7, 2022 at 10:45 am
Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by lkar

I believe (90% sure) that when booking with points the suite upgrade will not show in your reservation but it will be blocked on the hotel's system. The email normally would come through, but it wouldn't reflect the suite upgrade. What I would do in your case is to email the hotel and ask them...you will at least be able to get a confirmation in writing that they have your suite blocked even if they can't send you a reservation email showing this.
lkar likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Informational datapoint: Called and spoke with any available MHC regarding not receiving the email to choose Milestone award for 70th night. She asked my choice and immediately credited the SUA, total call time 2 minutes.

She said anything else, I asked about expiring FNA which in the past seemed to have expiration dates readily extended but recently seemed to be getting points credited upon expiration. Most recent thread.

She said that Chase credit card free nights are lost upon expiration and that’s why they have a 1 year expiration and that MHC cannot give anything for them. She said that for Hyatt awarded free nights upon (6 month) expiration one should call and see what Hyatt might be offering, could be points or extension or bupkis and they (MHC) don’t know from one day to the next. She asked if I had any other questions, I said “yes, will the stock market go up today”, she said she always tells her father that yes indeed the stock market will go up … someday.
projectmaximus and Charlie9 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:16 am

Friend will be coming from PA to NYC just for lunch and a matinee in a few weeks. Might chose to drive to a hotel in NJ the night prior and then take a train to and from Penn Station, planning to drive home the day of the matinee.

Anyone familiar with a Hyatt hotel in a safe area which is walkable distance to a NJ Transit train station with a reasonable train ride time (less than 45 or 60 minutes) to Penn Station and maybe reasonably priced? Thank you.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Friend will be coming from PA to NYC just for lunch and a matinee in a few weeks. Might chose to drive to a hotel in NJ the night prior and then take a train to and from Penn Station, planning to drive home the day of the matinee.

Anyone familiar with a Hyatt hotel in a safe area which is walkable distance to a NJ Transit train station with a reasonable train ride time (less than 45 or 60 minutes) to Penn Station and maybe reasonably priced? Thank you.
I believe the Hyatt in Jersey city meets those requirements and is close to the PATH train. There's also a Hilton in Newark right across the street from the NJ Transit station. The ride from that station is under 30 minutes, IIRC.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:47 pm

Has anyone tried (successfully or unsuccessfully) to change from a points stay to a paid stay upon checking in at the hotel? There have been more than one time that I have a points stay that I would prefer to change to a cash stay, but the room type I have is not available for purchase online. I was wondering if anyone has offered to change to a paid stay at the desk at check-in. I am not sure how this would necessarily work, but I am guessing that the hotel would get more from me in cash than they get from Hyatt if they wanted to allow it. Not sure how they would be set up to get me my points back in that scenario.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has experience with this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:11 pm

I acquired the Chase World of Hyatt card about a month or so ago and have met my 3k spend already for the 30k points bonus.

How soon, usually, will those points show up in my Hyatt account?

I appreciate your answers. Thanks

CJ
Old Jul 16, 2022, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
I acquired the Chase World of Hyatt card about a month or so ago and have met my 3k spend already for the 30k points bonus.

How soon, usually, will those points show up in my Hyatt account?

I appreciate your answers. Thanks

CJ
Usually after your next billing cycle posts but up to 8 weeks after.
RetiredATLATC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.