Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Well, it's probably true that Matt believed you aren't entitled to breakfast or upgrades.

World of Hyatt members receive on-property benefits including complimentary continental breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, early check-in (based on availability at check-in), late check out (based on availability at check-in), and a one category room upgrade (based on availability at check-in).
What's interesting to note is that this is for all WOH members, regardless of elite tier.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by travelbugging
Thanks Matt4200, appreciate the insight! I hate to pay for hotels out of pocket but in this scenario it is justified.
Yes, it is definitely not worth it paying half the cost for the few benefits you get. SLH has their own loyalty program which may or may not still get you some benefits, worth looking into.

Not true - https://slh.com/hyatt

World of Hyatt members receive on-property benefits including complimentary continental breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, early check-in (based on availability at check-in), late check out (based on availability at check-in), and a one category room upgrade (based on availability at check-in).
I appreciate the correction. A continental Breakfast though (IME and IMO) is nowhere near equivalent to a Full Breakfast as defined by Hyatt.

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Well, it's probably true that Matt believed you aren't entitled to breakfast or upgrades.

What's interesting to note is that this is for all WOH members, regardless of elite tier.
Yes, that is correct which is why I put as far as I know, but you are correct as it’s not specifically a “Globalist Benefit”.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I appreciate the correction. A continental Breakfast though (IME and IMO) is nowhere near equivalent to a Full Breakfast as defined by Hyatt.
Very much YMMV - sample size of only 1, but at the Vista Palazzo last year it was the equivalent of a full breakfast + a room upgrade.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Not true - https://slh.com/hyatt

I just had my first SLH stay booked on Hyatt.com. Property on Miami Beach. Was given a breakfast voucher which allowed for one entree and one drink. This property did not have a buffet and they were literal about one entree and one drink, if you ordered an egg dish, no fruit or pastry included. If you order juice, then no coffee included. WiFi was free for everyone. I arrived too late to need early check-in and left too early for late check out, so no idea how easy that would have been. Did not receive any upgrade, got room category that I booked. The room had been pre-blocked as there was a complimentary bottle of wine and signed welcome note in my room upon arrival. Generally a nice experience. They warned me that only the first two coffee capsules were included on a 3-night stay, further consumption would be charged, and the $40++ "service fee" was not waived as it would be at Hyatt (described by check-in agent as "like a resort fee").
Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by seacarl
I just had my first SLH stay booked on Hyatt.com. Property on Miami Beach. Was given a breakfast voucher which allowed for one entree and one drink. This property did not have a buffet and they were literal about one entree and one drink, if you ordered an egg dish, no fruit or pastry included. If you order juice, then no coffee included. WiFi was free for everyone. I arrived too late to need early check-in and left too early for late check out, so no idea how easy that would have been. Did not receive any upgrade, got room category that I booked. The room had been pre-blocked as there was a complimentary bottle of wine and signed welcome note in my room upon arrival. Generally a nice experience. They warned me that only the first two coffee capsules were included on a 3-night stay, further consumption would be charged, and the $40++ "service fee" was not waived as it would be at Hyatt (described by check-in agent as "like a resort fee").
I believe the resort fees are waived on award stays but not paid stays like MGM but I could be wrong.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
They’ve not made them since it was Hyatt Gold Passport.

You can add your WOH to Apple Wallet I believe, alternatively the WOH CC would be a physical card showing Hyatt affiliation.
Well that's wrong, otherwise it would be impossible for me to have a card that says Globalist on it since Globalist didn't come into existence until WoH. They're not consistent though. The last one I got expired in 02/2021 which would have been my 2020 status based on stays in 2019. COVID probably threw everything out the window.

Here's a thread about people receiving them i 2017 (latest I could find)
New Membership Packets - 2017

Now as far as the OPs question - I don't know if you can request one, but it can't hurt to try
beltway and IAD_flyer like this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Now as far as the OPs question - I don't know if you can request one, but it can't hurt to try
Thanks, JasonVR! I just asked and was told they stopped making them.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:48 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
They’ve not made them since it was Hyatt Gold Passport.

You can add your WOH to Apple Wallet I believe, alternatively the WOH CC would be a physical card showing Hyatt affiliation.
that is not true. Everybody received a welcome pack when WoH launched. And I have received upon requalification as well. Now I have the LT card and obviously do not get a new one.

Dunno how it is handled today though.
IAD_flyer likes this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Jun 6, 2022 at 7:33 am
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:51 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by puchong
What is the easiest way to claim missing stays in the WoH program? Also how best to claim when non USD rates lead to short changing points awarded?
fill in the form on the website. Super easy and response within a day or so. I do not have Twitter. MHC is great, too.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
that is not true. Everybody received a welcome pack when WoH launched. Amd I have received upon requalification as well. Now I have the LT card and obviously do not get a new one.

Dunno how it is handled today though.
I never received one this will be my 4th year as a Glob and MHC has said they stopped making them “ages ago”.

Not sure why one would want one though only benefit to it I could see is easier entry into Regency Clubs if they’re staffed.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:14 pm

If you use a Club Access certificate in a hotel where the club is closed. And they offer a breakfast at a restaurant instead, will the certificate cover the cost of that restaurant breakfast? Specifically, Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by mrakman
If you use a Club Access certificate in a hotel where the club is closed. And they offer a breakfast at a restaurant instead, will the certificate cover the cost of that restaurant breakfast? Specifically, Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach
Only of Club Rooms are bookable, which if the club lounge is closed is highly unlikely. If the Club Rooms are not bookable you can’t apply the certificate. Basically No.

But I did find Club Rooms available next June.

Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Late to the SLH discussion but my experience was that each time I booked one, they have always given me the full breakfast, not a continental breakfast, and I have gotten the room upgrade and late checkout. I think most SLH wouldn't have the facilities in place to only offer a continental breakfast only and it's easier for them to have you just eat their usual food.
beltway likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:45 pm

Both Allentown PA locations are not taking award bookings for late July. Is this a destination city or some type of event? Curious as to why no award bookings.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Both Allentown PA locations are not taking award bookings for late July. Is this a destination city or some type of event? Curious as to why no award bookings.
Not sure, I'll check with my friend Billy .
Lyrics

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jun 14, 2022 at 8:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.