Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:51 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by flyingbee
Does anyone know the earliest time you can checkout to get the night credited as a night towards status?
If I have a late flight I often book an extra night at the end to ensure I have my room available until I leave for the airport and I’m not gambling on getting a late checkout.

On my last stay at a Grand Hyatt I checked out at 6pm but didn’t get the last night credited. At other hotels (can’t remember if they are Hyatt or other chains) I’ve had the last night credited despite checking out before midnight (but well after the normal checkout time if I didn’t have the extra night booked).

It’s probably not going to make much difference to my status but I’m curious that it’s not always credited. Thanks.
my experience has been, but this was about 10 years ago, that a checkout right after midnight was required for the night to count.
flyingbee likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know the earliest time you can checkout to get the night credited as a night towards status?
If I have a late flight I often book an extra night at the end to ensure I have my room available until I leave for the airport and I’m not gambling on getting a late checkout.

On my last stay at a Grand Hyatt I checked out at 6pm but didn’t get the last night credited. At other hotels (can’t remember if they are Hyatt or other chains) I’ve had the last night credited despite checking out before midnight (but well after the normal checkout time if I didn’t have the extra night booked).

It’s probably not going to make much difference to my status but I’m curious that it’s not always credited. Thanks.
Originally Posted by 59Impala
my experience has been, but this was about 10 years ago, that a checkout right after midnight was required for the night to count.
Can’t you just leave the property then do Mobile checkout the next morning?
flyingbee and Stgermainparis like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:18 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Can’t you just leave the property then do Mobile checkout the next morning?
Yes I probably could - I’ve never tried it. My main concern is making sure I have a printed out bill for my expenses claim, so I’ve always done a traditional checkout to make sure I have the bill (and the bill has to be in the same currency that’s changed to my credit card).
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Yes I probably could - I’ve never tried it. My main concern is making sure I have a printed out bill for my expenses claim, so I’ve always done a traditional checkout to make sure I have the bill (and the bill has to be in the same currency that’s changed to my credit card).
They usually email you the bill the following day which you can print out the same as they do.
flyingbee likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:39 am

I do this all the time.

I go to the front desk before leaving and telling them I have a flight early in the morning so I don't want to stop at the desk tomorrow morning, can get a copy of my final folio now.

I have never had a hotel question this, always do mobile check out the next day. Always get the night credit
SPN Lifer, flyingbee and Illinwu like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:29 am

I rarely go to the front desk or use the app to check out. Just leave the place. Don't see how they Will know you left before midnight etc.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by kaiotes
I rarely go to the front desk or use the app to check out. Just leave the place. Don't see how they Will know you left before midnight etc.
If they ask if you are leaving since you are walking out with your bags, it goes along with my early morning flight comment earlier. No rules against you loading your car the night before
Old Mar 31, 2024, 12:38 am

Hello Peeps,

This is first time visiting SE Asia (Vietnam) with family. Planning to book PH Saigon for 3nights. I am globalist. We are 2 Adult, 2 kids (14 & 8).
When, i select 3 Adults with points, it only shows up suites with following points. (Park-32k, Lam Son-32k, Park Exec-40k).
I was wondering if i book a standard room (20k) with 2Adults and then apply a SUA to get a standard suite upgrade and then add my 14y.o. to the booking. Is this possible ?

Also i have 1xCat1-7 award, which is expiring soon, so i was thinking if i could use that for first free night (standard room) + 1 SUA.
And then book 2 nights in standard room (2x20k) + 2 SUA.

So basically if this works i will save around 56K points (if i just book directly the suites by selecting 3 Adults).
Much appreciated.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:15 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Good afternoon lovfly88. Thank you for considering Hyatt for your future stay in Vietnam. Be advised that if a Free Night award is used for any portion of a reservation that a SUA cannot be used. A reservation must be made with points or cash in order to confirm a SUA. If you do confirm a suite and the suite allows 4 people you can add your 2 children. @Hyattconcierge
Old Apr 1, 2024, 2:09 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold, Crown & Anchor Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, mLife Gold
So I booked Thompson Madrid back at the end of January for a stay starting on this upcoming Sunday via the Hyatt website as a cash rate. It didn't charge my card at booking and there was a note on the confirmation stating "Note from Thompson Madrid FOR ANY RESERVATION WITH A REQUIRED PREPAYMENT YOU WILL RECEIVE A SECURE LINK VIA SAFERPAY TO COMPLETE YOUR PAYMENT" today I got an email from them to complete payment via that safepay. Is this normal?

I called Hyatt Customer Service and they said to just talk the front desk at check because your card is on file but I really don't want to show up and not have a room after flying from the US

EDIT: I got a response in the other thread.

Last edited by Airport Coffee; Apr 1, 2024 at 2:41 pm
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:37 am

Not sure if this is the proper thread to post the question. I have been working w my concierge to apply SUA. I also contacted the globalist line to apply one today.
my total SUA count. Never goes up. I currently have applied 5 and I still have 2 left. I had 4 from reaching 60 last year. I confirmed w all the local properties that my reservations do have the SUA properly attached. What should I do? When I called to apply SUA today, I asked the rep if my count was reduced by one she said yes but my app doesn't reflect it.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:57 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Good afternoon Kaiotes,
Thank you for being a loyal Globalist. There can be a lag time (sometimes up to 72 hours) before you speak to an agent and the use of the SUA is confirmed and when our back-office team actually pulls the award from your account. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please contact @Hyattconcierge through Facebook, Instagram or X for immediate help. ^Gale.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 10:04 pm

Has anyone had any luck staying in the same room when booked on 2 different reservations due to room type points availability on a consecutive stay?

Last edited by wanderer101; Apr 9, 2024 at 10:35 pm
Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by wanderer101
Has anyone had any luck staying in the same room when booked on 2 different reservations due to room type points availability on a consecutive stay?
Yes, but it very much depends on the hotel and its available inventory.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by wanderer101
If you book 2 different room types I wouldnt count on being able to, but be glad if you can

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.