New Membership Packets - 2017

Old Mar 3, 17, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
New Membership Packets - 2017

Got mine yesterday.
I like the elephant on the card, and the rubber bands are nice.
Old Mar 3, 17, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, *G
got mine today as well
2 united passes with 2018 expiration date
Old Mar 3, 17, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by gnof View Post
got mine today as well
2 united passes with 2018 expiration date
Oh yeah, got the passes too.
Are Globs the only ones who get those?

Also, I noticed the order of the names on the card spells-out the "GED" mnemonic for remembering the statuses, except "Globalist" is in white.
Old Mar 3, 17, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
Oh yeah, got the passes too.
Are Globs the only ones who get those?

Also, I noticed the order of the names on the card spells-out the "GED" mnemonic for remembering the statuses, except "Globalist" is in white.
I already suggest the GED mnemonic elsewhere in this forum. Before I discovered it, I found it hopeless to remember which was the lowest tier and which one was the middle tier.

In WOH, most benefits go only to Globs, so I would expect the same to be true for the UA lounge passes.
Old Mar 3, 17, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I already suggest the GED mnemonic elsewhere in this forum. Before I discovered it, I found it hopeless to remember which was the lowest tier and which one was the middle tier.

In WOH, most benefits go only to Globs, so I would expect the same to be true for the UA lounge passes.
I was paying homage to you with my reference. It is an excellent mnemonic.
Old Mar 3, 17, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The pack of cards that I just described in the "WOH has arrived" thread has member in white and then Discoverererist in light turquoise, Explorerererist in medium blue, and then Glob in navy blue. The cards are colored accordingly with Courtesy Card in bright green.
Old Mar 3, 17, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
Got mine yesterday.
I like the elephant on the card, and the rubber bands are nice.
LOL
Old Mar 3, 17, 6:13 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Old Mar 3, 17, 6:15 pm

Received mine too. The blue rubber band...LOL
Old Mar 3, 17, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTG, Hilton Diamond
Got mine today (explorist). Think it looks hideous - clearly used the same design agency as the WOH logo. It just looks and feels cheap and from the 1990s (just like all the WOH design stuff). Note the background image was part of the mailer insert.

Last edited by Duke787; Mar 3, 17 at 8:50 pm
Old Mar 3, 17, 9:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum & Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post
Got mine today (explorist). Think it looks hideous - clearly used the same design agency as the WOH logo. It just looks and feels cheap and from the 1990s (just like all the WOH design stuff). Note the background image was part of the mailer insert.

Good lord, that's atrocious.

On the bright side it should lessen the complaints should WOH decide to go down the digital card only option down the track...
Old Mar 3, 17, 11:13 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
https://www.ausbt.com.au/new-world-o...mp-affects-you has a photo of earlier versions of the card.
The cards look pretty ugly and I wonder how much Hyatt paid to get the photos on the cards 'fixed' while leaving the design itself untouched.
Old Mar 3, 17, 11:17 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club
I like the camera. Can't wait to get mine!

Edit: Crap, I guess mine will have the gold elephant.
Old Mar 4, 17, 8:38 am

Programs: UA:1K & MM
I like the pack. Very subdued and easy to recycle. Not a lot of extra junk. To bad they couldn't figure out a way to may the card not plastic (or metal...)

The cards are a bit blah but who really carries their card anyway? (I don't carry any of my loyalty cards. I even stopped carrying my United Club card since they only look at your boarding pass these days.)

FWIW
DLM
Old Mar 4, 17, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United Platinum, Hyatt Globalist & Bonvoy Titanium
My god - I loved the old school classy black diamond cards from a few years ago. These look like crappy old phone calling cards.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: