New Membership Packets - 2017

Old Mar 3, 17, 10:14 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Posts: 3,335
New Membership Packets - 2017

Got mine yesterday.
I like the elephant on the card, and the rubber bands are nice.
zombietooth is offline  
Old Mar 3, 17, 11:25 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ZRH, CGN
Programs: AA Gold, *G
Posts: 233
got mine today as well
2 united passes with 2018 expiration date
gnof is offline  
Old Mar 3, 17, 11:52 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Posts: 3,335
Originally Posted by gnof View Post
got mine today as well
2 united passes with 2018 expiration date
Oh yeah, got the passes too.
Are Globs the only ones who get those?

Also, I noticed the order of the names on the card spells-out the "GED" mnemonic for remembering the statuses, except "Globalist" is in white.
zombietooth is offline  
Old Mar 3, 17, 12:33 pm
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 86,341
Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
Oh yeah, got the passes too.
Are Globs the only ones who get those?

Also, I noticed the order of the names on the card spells-out the "GED" mnemonic for remembering the statuses, except "Globalist" is in white.
I already suggest the GED mnemonic elsewhere in this forum. Before I discovered it, I found it hopeless to remember which was the lowest tier and which one was the middle tier.

In WOH, most benefits go only to Globs, so I would expect the same to be true for the UA lounge passes.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Mar 3, 17, 12:42 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Posts: 3,335
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I already suggest the GED mnemonic elsewhere in this forum. Before I discovered it, I found it hopeless to remember which was the lowest tier and which one was the middle tier.

In WOH, most benefits go only to Globs, so I would expect the same to be true for the UA lounge passes.
I was paying homage to you with my reference. It is an excellent mnemonic.
zombietooth is offline  
Old Mar 3, 17, 1:01 pm
  #6  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 86,341
The pack of cards that I just described in the "WOH has arrived" thread has member in white and then Discoverererist in light turquoise, Explorerererist in medium blue, and then Glob in navy blue. The cards are colored accordingly with Courtesy Card in bright green.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Mar 3, 17, 6:00 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Chicago
Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,209
Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
Got mine yesterday.
I like the elephant on the card, and the rubber bands are nice.
LOL
neo_781 is offline  
Old Mar 3, 17, 6:13 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LHR
Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Posts: 4,456
ExpatSomchai is offline  
Old Mar 3, 17, 6:15 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,115
Received mine too. The blue rubber band...LOL
Visconti is offline  
Old Mar 3, 17, 8:34 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTG, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 7,363
Got mine today (explorist). Think it looks hideous - clearly used the same design agency as the WOH logo. It just looks and feels cheap and from the 1990s (just like all the WOH design stuff). Note the background image was part of the mailer insert.


Last edited by Duke787; Mar 3, 17 at 8:50 pm
Duke787 is offline  
Old Mar 3, 17, 9:06 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SYD
Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum & Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 1,409
Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post
Got mine today (explorist). Think it looks hideous - clearly used the same design agency as the WOH logo. It just looks and feels cheap and from the 1990s (just like all the WOH design stuff). Note the background image was part of the mailer insert.

Good lord, that's atrocious.

On the bright side it should lessen the complaints should WOH decide to go down the digital card only option down the track...
Coathanger is offline  
Old Mar 3, 17, 11:13 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: TXL
Programs: BAEC GGL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Posts: 982
https://www.ausbt.com.au/new-world-o...mp-affects-you has a photo of earlier versions of the card.
The cards look pretty ugly and I wonder how much Hyatt paid to get the photos on the cards 'fixed' while leaving the design itself untouched.
El_Duderito is offline  
Old Mar 3, 17, 11:17 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: YVR
Programs: Ice Cream Club
Posts: 2,722
I like the camera. Can't wait to get mine!

Edit: Crap, I guess mine will have the gold elephant.
DrunkCargo is offline  
Old Mar 4, 17, 8:38 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Houston
Programs: UA:1K & MM
Posts: 839
I like the pack. Very subdued and easy to recycle. Not a lot of extra junk. To bad they couldn't figure out a way to may the card not plastic (or metal...)

The cards are a bit blah but who really carries their card anyway? (I don't carry any of my loyalty cards. I even stopped carrying my United Club card since they only look at your boarding pass these days.)

FWIW
DLM
dmunz is offline  
Old Mar 4, 17, 1:52 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orange County, California, USA
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United Platinum, Hyatt Globalist & Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 39
My god - I loved the old school classy black diamond cards from a few years ago. These look like crappy old phone calling cards.
WeedOCSD is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: