Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Matt4200
You stayed at The Welk in San Diego? I don’t believe it belongs to a certain brand so you may not get a Brand Explorer Award…
Oops. That was a typo. It was supposed to be “well”. It was actually a HRC. Agent today told me the process is different: they wait 14 days post stay the “special projects”
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
You stayed at The Welk in San Diego? I don’t believe it belongs to a certain brand so you may not get a Brand Explorer Award…
Oops. That was a typo. It was supposed to be “well”. It was actually a HRC. Agent today told me the process is different: they “have to” wait 14 days post stay and then guest can ask that the “special projects” team reach out to the property. Then guest has to wait up to 14 days for HRC to respond. Then you get your tier nights. WTH? It is ridiculous.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Oops. That was a typo. It was supposed to be “well”. It was actually a HRC. Agent today told me the process is different: they “have to” wait 14 days post stay and then guest can ask that the “special projects” team reach out to the property. Then guest has to wait up to 14 days for HRC to respond. Then you get your tier nights. WTH? It is ridiculous.
You can always call the property directly and speak to the front office manager who can get it posted that day.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:27 pm

You can always call the property directly and speak to the front office manager who can get it posted that day.
Thanks. Just called and manager in meetings all morning. Agent said my WOH number is on there but doesn’t know why it didn’t post. I’ll try again later when manager can investigate.

Update. Manager said all they can do is let WOH know that we completed a stay. And that WOH has to post it. The way HRC props work is different, according to everyone I’ve talked to. Very frustrating.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jul 23, 2022 at 4:17 am
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:54 am

Is this correct or an error? (Category 3 Property Off Peak Dates referring to the Standard Suite Pricing)

Edit - According to Hyatt’s Chart it is correct, and I answered my own question. I do not believe it’s well thought out though at all.

First - It’s literally only 1,000 points differential from a Premium Suite, that alone makes no sense. I cannot find a viable scenario where someone would book a Standard Suite over a Premium Suite for this situation.

Second - Looking at normal “Standard” pricing a Regular Room is 12k points and a Standard Suite is 20k points which is a 66% Cost increase. That’s normal, that’s how it’s been as far as award bookings go. However, with the Off Peak if it were true to keeping the 66% Cost Increase for the Standard Suite it’d be 15k and the Premium would remain at 18k, which would actually be perfectly in line matching up to how the standard award chart works.

I’m not mad, or upset as I wouldn’t book a Standard Suite on points I’d use a TSU. But I guess I just thought it was a Hyatt Blunder so to speak, probably something that was overlooked as it was launched during the Pandemic.

Anyways just thought I’d share, feel free to comment your thoughts.

Last edited by Matt4200; Jul 22, 2022 at 2:17 am
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:19 am

Hotel stay for family

My cousin is planning a couple of hotel reservations he mentioned he is ok I book the reservation for hyatt. If I add him as a guest for check in, does anyone know whether I can still get the credit for the stay?

I do not plan on staying in the room nor checking in myself.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by jehova
My cousin is planning a couple of hotel reservations he mentioned he is ok I book the reservation for hyatt. If I add him as a guest for check in, does anyone know whether I can still get the credit for the stay?

It has worked in some cases BUT, it will not likely work at properties outside the US.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:08 am

I believe not.

First it has to be your card presented at check in, not his. Next, they usually require you to check in as the main guest getting credit.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:26 am

Is this correct or an error? (Category 3 Property Off Peak Dates referring to the Standard Suite Pricing)

Edit - According to Hyatt’s Chart it is correct, and I answered my own question. I do not believe it’s well thought out though at all.

First - It’s literally only 1,000 points differential from a Premium Suite, that alone makes no sense. I cannot find a viable scenario where someone would book a Standard Suite over a Premium Suite for this situation.

Second - Looking at normal “Standard” pricing a Regular Room is 12k points and a Standard Suite is 20k points which is a 66% Cost increase. That’s normal, that’s how it’s been as far as award bookings go. However, with the Off Peak if it were true to keeping the 66% Cost Increase for the Standard Suite it’d be 15k and the Premium would remain at 18k, which would actually be perfectly in line matching up to how the standard award chart works.

I’m not mad, or upset as I wouldn’t book a Standard Suite on points I’d use a TSU. But I guess I just thought it was a Hyatt Blunder so to speak, probably something that was overlooked as it was launched during the Pandemic.

Anyways just thought I’d share, feel free to comment your thoughts.
Cool, which property? It's nice to see a premium suite available on points.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:29 am

You're not supposed to, but you can try as the risk is minimal. Maybe you had every intention to stay but something last minute happened. My wild guess is that more than half the time it will work. Yes, outside the US will usually bear higher scrutiny.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
HR Orange County
friedablass likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Was going to ask the same. I feel like booking it just for the sake of getting that Premium Suite on points .
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:37 am

HR Orange County
Maybe if someone specifically wants the Kids Suite they'd book the Standard suite on points.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:33 am
Original Member

Not a newbie, but I thought this might be a better forum than starting a new thread. I am a 60+ stay Globalist through leisure travel, and have been staying almost exclusively this year on awards because point stays in 2022 are so much cheaper than cash rates. My goal is to amass more WOH points in the cheapest way possible and keep the Globalist party going.

I already have the WOH CC for my base spend, and in the last year I picked up 240k points combined from Chase Sapphire (100k signup + 10k spend + 20k referral), 55k maximum purchased points and 55k maximum transfer from the SO (who also got a Sapphire card to funnel points to me). Are there any other credit cards with signup bonuses that directly transfer rewards into WOH points? I don't want any funny money points or "cash towards travel".
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Tino
Not a newbie, but I thought this might be a better forum than starting a new thread. I am a 60+ stay Globalist through leisure travel, and have been staying almost exclusively this year on awards because point stays in 2022 are so much cheaper than cash rates. My goal is to amass more WOH points in the cheapest way possible and keep the Globalist party going.

I already have the WOH CC for my base spend, and in the last year I picked up 240k points combined from Chase Sapphire (100k signup + 10k spend + 20k referral), 55k maximum purchased points and 55k maximum transfer from the SO (who also got a Sapphire card to funnel points to me). Are there any other credit cards with signup bonuses that directly transfer rewards into WOH points? I don't want any funny money points or "cash towards travel".
Chase Sapphire cards (Preferred and Reserve) as well as the Ink Preferred Business card (or any other Ink that has an annual fee) earn Ultimate Reward points that can transfer to Hyatt 1:1. Once your have such a Chase card that is eligible for transferring to partners you can also transfer points from fee free cards such as the Freedom or Ink unlimited. So there's a lot of opportunities to sign up for various new Chase cards and earn SUBs to transfer to Hyatt. Even the cards that will state that you're earning cash back are really earning ultimate reward points that can be converted to cash or you can keep them as points and move them to your Sapphire card and then transfer to Hyatt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.