Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by steepnd
I already hit the 60 night needed to get globalist in 2023. Is there any benefit to continuing to book with Hyatt other than points and potential upgrade? Considering booking with Marriott for the rest of the year to accrue status there, what do you think?
To utilize the benefits you’ve earned…?

It seems a bit ludicrous to say well now that I’ve spent 9 months earning status with Hyatt let me now go chase down Marriott.

It can be done of course, but it’s quite a ludicrous statement.

I definitely wouldn’t plan my stays based on chasing status, especially 75% through the year. Plan stays based on cost, proximity to your destinations, benefits provided.

I would also consider the promos each travel partner is offering. I frequently move from Hyatt to IHG to Hilton due to promos, proximity and price point.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by steepnd
I already hit the 60 night needed to get globalist in 2023. Is there any benefit to continuing to book with Hyatt other than points and potential upgrade? Considering booking with Marriott for the rest of the year to accrue status there, what do you think?
Think it depends on how you actually stay in hotels, so a bit more info is needed:

How many nights do you already have at Marriott?

Do you plan on splitting them equally next year as well?

It is silly to get status to not use it, but if you stay at both chains somewhat regularly, than yeah it makes sense. Especially if you have multiple Marriott cards already, giving you a head start on your nights, or have a bunch of nights already
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Schnit
Think it depends on how you actually stay in hotels, so a bit more info is needed:

How many nights do you already have at Marriott?

Do you plan on splitting them equally next year as well?

It is silly to get status to not use it, but if you stay at both chains somewhat regularly, than yeah it makes sense. Especially if you have multiple Marriott cards already, giving you a head start on your nights, or have a bunch of nights already
That’s definitely part of my point.

Even if OP actually plans to use it in 2023, how many nights it’s used Plays a major role.

Say they’re halfway there now and still need the other half. Then in 2023 they only have maybe a week of organic stays planned with Marriott, the rest with Hyatt.

Is it worth chasing down and potentially spending much more only for 7 days of benefits? Then likely having to chase it down again in 2023 to continue the status again?

If this were April or May I’d say if you plan on staying those stays anyways it’s just the difference between brands then sure, but we’re already 75% of the year through. Enjoy the benefits you’ve earned and enjoy the Q4 promo earning.

As I said in my other post you should determine your stays (especially at this point in the year) based on cost, proximity to where your destination is, benefits, and the hard product - property.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Plus...not sure if said poster is really aware of the "benefits" at Marriott these days. Properties increasingly don't even pay attention to the Marriott Bonvoy T&Cs.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 7:12 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Hyatt CC points timing

Hi there, I recently opened up the Hyatt Visa right before a fairly expensive Hyatt stay which yields some good points with my explorist + CC bonuses. My first billing period passed and it’s been about 5 days and no CC bonus points from that stay nor other purchases on the CC have posted yet.

Is it normal that the card first has to go through a full month of being open and maybe two billing cycles before points begin posting? I’ve read they usually post within a few days after your billing cycle date but thinking maybe due to the card being new it takes a bit longer. Just looking for confirmation on that theory.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Youngtraveldude
Hi there, I recently opened up the Hyatt Visa right before a fairly expensive Hyatt stay which yields some good points with my explorist + CC bonuses. My first billing period passed and it’s been about 5 days and no CC bonus points from that stay nor other purchases on the CC have posted yet.

Is it normal that the card first has to go through a full month of being open and maybe two billing cycles before points begin posting? I’ve read they usually post within a few days after your billing cycle date but thinking maybe due to the card being new it takes a bit longer. Just looking for confirmation on that theory.
The first one may take 2 months to post. Your statement should show how many points were earned.

Also for every 5k spent you earn 2 Elite Nights which will post along with your bonus points.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
The first one may take 2 months to post. Your statement should show how many points were earned.

Also for every 5k spent you earn 2 Elite Nights which will post along with your bonus points.
Perfect, thank you! And you’re right, just checked my statement, excellent.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Has there been any discussion or thread on why World of Hyatt doesn’t offer a Buy 3/4 get 1 free using points like Hilton/Marriott/IHG? Hyatt’s program is quite progressive and consumer friendly, so curious why this benefit was omitted.

Last edited by ALGU; Sep 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ALGU
Has there been any discussion or thread on why World of Hyatt doesn’t offer a Buy 4/5 get 1 free using points like Hilton/Marriott/IHG? Hyatt’s program is quite progressive and consumer friendly, so curious why this benefit was omitted.
For some, that is an incredibly powerful benefit, and thus tout Hilton or Marriott (even though both with their variable pricing, Marriott coming more fully soon, still doesn't exactly make for much of a deal).

As I am one who rarely stays in perfect 5 night increment stays, I would much rather have the full suite of Hyatt Globalist benefits (TSUs, full breakfast, no resort fees, no parking on award stays, 4pm check-out, GOH, etc.) over those offers (as an ex-Marriott "loyal", I am well aware they can't even enforce their already-meager package of benefits with their rogue & disobedient properties).

Can't have 'em all.
friedablass and ALGU like this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
For some, that is an incredibly powerful benefit, and thus tout Hilton or Marriott (even though both with their variable pricing, Marriott coming more fully soon, still doesn't exactly make for much of a deal).

As I am one who rarely stays in perfect 5 night increment stays, I would much rather have the full suite of Hyatt Globalist benefits (TSUs, full breakfast, no resort fees, no parking on award stays, 4pm check-out, GOH, etc.) over those offers (as an ex-Marriott "loyal", I am well aware they can't even enforce their already-meager package of benefits with their rogue & disobedient properties).

Can't have 'em all.
Plus Hyatt points are generally much more valuable than Marriott or Hilton. Sure, they could do a 5th night free - but in reality that would just mean that the per night price will continue to shift upward (and likely at a faster rate). Marriott/Hilton also know that, like UA-NYC, most award stays are not a multiple of 5 nights.
friedablass, UA-NYC and ALGU like this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by ALGU
Has there been any discussion or thread on why World of Hyatt doesn’t offer a Buy 4/5 get 1 free using points like Hilton/Marriott/IHG? Hyatt’s program is quite progressive and consumer friendly, so curious why this benefit was omitted.
Many Hyatts run 3rd or 4th Night Free offers on their own or with Hyatt Prive’.

Example - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek is running a 4th night free offer through 11/18, it’s publicly available on Hyatt.com.

Also I feel that big benefits are already tied to award stays so that would just be too much and many hotels would not agree.

1) Waived Resort Fees for all Member Levels
2) Waived Parking Fees for Globalists
3) Waived Taxes and Auxiliary fees this especially comes in handy in areas like Mexico where the extra fees add up a lot.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
As I am one who rarely stays in perfect 5 night increment stays
You do not need a perfect 5 nights. You could do 6 nights and pay for 5.

Also if you add IHG into the mix, you get the 4th night free. I see it as another perk of having 3-4 different programs you participate in. For 4 night stays I try and look more toward IHG, but 5 nights Marriot/Hilton.
Illinwu likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:01 am

multiple awards on same reservation?

Hi,

I made a reservation for a Hyatt Regency in Vancouver and the Explorist Rep said they can not apply free night award with a club access award on the same reservation. She even mentioned that if I make 2 reservations separately and concatenate the days, they will not allow this.

Is this true? Has anyone had success applying both free night award and club access award?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:47 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jehova
Hi,

I made a reservation for a Hyatt Regency in Vancouver and the Explorist Rep said they can not apply free night award with a club access award on the same reservation. She even mentioned that if I make 2 reservations separately and concatenate the days, they will not allow this.

Is this true? Has anyone had success applying both free night award and club access award?
You can use your Club Lounge Access Award if your Free Night Award was booked using points. It can't be used if you're using another type of Free Night Award. From the T&C's ...

"Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt-branded Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below), or any other promotional Free Night Award."
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Schnit
You do not need a perfect 5 nights. You could do 6 nights and pay for 5.

Also if you add IHG into the mix, you get the 4th night free. I see it as another perk of having 3-4 different programs you participate in. For 4 night stays I try and look more toward IHG, but 5 nights Marriot/Hilton.
My understanding is IHG’s only comes if you have their credit card, not with earned status.

I definitely feel like due to Hilton/Marriott and IHG’s fully dynamic pricing that you’d still end up paying much more, comparatively, than booking with Hyatt even with the free night.
UA-NYC and Illinwu like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.