Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:04 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Club Rooms in and of themselves do not have free alcohol, however most Club Lounges do have 1-2 hours a day (4-6pm or 5-7pm) where Alcohol is provided for free, primarily cheap beer and house wines in the US, this would obviously be conferred to those with Globalist status and/or those booking a Club Room.
A few do, but most lounges in the US do not offer free alcohol. Many have an "honor bar" where you self-report what you consume. I guess you could consider it free if you don't write down what you drink.
The majority of Hyatt Regencies to have Club Lounges in the US, there’s only a handful that don’t, and a few Grand Hyatts have them as well.
Most GHs have a Grand Club (there are some have not reopened) but only a shrinking minority of HRs still have lounges. Several that were closed for COVID are now permanently closed, e.g. Grand Cypress and Lake Tahoe.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I believe Manchester Grand in San Diego has one hour a day (5-6pm) and the Hyatt in Kailua Hawaii too.
There is no hyatt in Kailua, there is one on Kauai, but it it is in Koloa. I haven't been there in years, but they used to offer alcohol for free. I think they may have switched it to honor bar. Waikiki is now definitely honor bar and it's about $2-3 a drink, IIRC. I forgot what the Grand Cypress did.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:46 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
There is no hyatt in Kailua, there is one on Kauai, but it it is in Koloa. I haven't been there in years, but they used to offer alcohol for free. I think they may have switched it to honor bar. Waikiki is now definitely honor bar and it's about $2-3 a drink, IIRC. I forgot what the Grand Cypress did.
GH Kauai is now honor bar. It's been a long time since they offered free alcohol, at least since the club was temporarily in the Shipwreck wing.
Mary2e likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Thank auto correct.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: UN 1K MM, Marriott-LT TitanElite, Hyatt Glob; HH-Gold
Understanding Point reservations

I need to book 2 nights in Paris on Points. I finally see tonight that I can do that. (It has not been available for the days I wanted). I'm 1300 points shy from what I need. I will earn many more Hyatt points next week with a business meeting, nights stay and my Hyatt Credit card statement end date. I have two Hyatt stays on points (one in Hawaii and one in Paris for NYE). I wanted to shorten one of those trips by 1 night so I have the points needed to reserve the Paris 2 night stay., and then add the night back in after next week However, my only option is to cancel the entire reservation. I do not have a generic point credit card that would allow me to transfer points. Is there any other option? I googled and saw none of my United, AA, or Delta miles can convert to Hyatt points. I guess I will hold my breath and see if these point nights will still be available through the end of next week. I also googled and it looks like it would take up to two weeks if I asked a friend to transfer some points to me.
What haven't I thought about?
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Babymule
I need to book 2 nights in Paris on Points. I finally see tonight that I can do that. (It has not been available for the days I wanted). I'm 1300 points shy from what I need. I will earn many more Hyatt points next week with a business meeting, nights stay and my Hyatt Credit card statement end date. I have two Hyatt stays on points (one in Hawaii and one in Paris for NYE). I wanted to shorten one of those trips by 1 night so I have the points needed to reserve the Paris 2 night stay., and then add the night back in after next week However, my only option is to cancel the entire reservation. I do not have a generic point credit card that would allow me to transfer points. Is there any other option? I googled and saw none of my United, AA, or Delta miles can convert to Hyatt points. I guess I will hold my breath and see if these point nights will still be available through the end of next week. I also googled and it looks like it would take up to two weeks if I asked a friend to transfer some points to me.
Points transfers usually just take a couple of day(IIRC like 3 days at most), they shouldn't take 2 weeks. At least it never has for me.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
My point transfers have only taken 2-3 days but there are reports of much longer. I’d book one night at Paris and keep watching and have friend initiate transfer since it’s not many points. I wouldn’t cancel a full stay elsewhere to get those1300 points. Maybe folks here can suggest which night of the week more likely to have point availability so you can book first night accordingly. I will say that Hyatt nights have been very flexible in the last two months as I have looked at various properties in US. One night I see no point rooms and the next see one. I suspect you still find more availability the closer it gets as folks cancel and/or hotel opens rooms.
Babymule likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:40 pm

Looks like you can purchase 2k points for $48. Not sure exactly how quick that works.
Babymule and Stgermainparis like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by xooz
Looks like you can purchase 2k points for $48. Not sure exactly how quick that works.
I did a point purchase to top up, it was nearly instant.
Babymule and Stgermainparis like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: UN 1K MM, Marriott-LT TitanElite, Hyatt Glob; HH-Gold
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
I did a point purchase to top up, it was nearly instant.
Thanks! Your comments reminded me that I had an unclaimed Milestone award. Being new to Hyatt, I was waiting for the "Find experiences" to come back to see if it was something I wanted to do. This morning, I selected the 5000 bonus points. I was still unable to book the 2 night stay, saying I didn't have enough points. I called Hyatt, and the issue is the point requirement is more for the 2nd night. So, I'm now only 225 points away from what I would need. Clearly, I'm meant to wait until after next week when I will earn more points. I would prefer to avoid booking a "club level" room on points since I get that automatically. 70,000 pts for the Hotel de Louvre seems like a lot.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Thanks! Your comments reminded me that I had an unclaimed Milestone award. Being new to Hyatt, I was waiting for the "Find experiences" to come back to see if it was something I wanted to do. This morning, I selected the 5000 bonus points. I was still unable to book the 2 night stay, saying I didn't have enough points. I called Hyatt, and the issue is the point requirement is more for the 2nd night. So, I'm now only 225 points away from what I would need. Clearly, I'm meant to wait until after next week when I will earn more points. I would prefer to avoid booking a "club level" room on points since I get that automatically. 70,000 pts for the Hotel de Louvre seems like a lot.
Buy 1k points?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I need to book 2 nights in Paris on Points. ... I'm 1300 points shy from what I need. ... What haven't I thought about?
Using airline miles to book a hotel.

(Obviously) I don’t know your individual points and miles balances in other programs. AA, UA and Delta each have links on their websites for booking hotels using their miles. Some require fewer miles for elites (so login prior to searching), sometimes the airline miles required for a free night are (relatively) less than hotel points required, usually more.
Babymule likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:39 pm

Under your profile says Hyatt glob. Can't you make a points advance reservation? Your concierge or customer service can make the booking for you and it'll pull the points when you have them. I've actually never done it and surprised nobody else has mentioned it, so I might be wrong and missing something. But I've always thought that was an option if I ever needed it.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
... says Hyatt glob ... Your concierge or customer service ...
Not all of those who achieved Glob last year (COVID adjusted to minimum 30 nights in 2021) achieved MHC (minimum 60 nights). Unsure if Customer Service can accomplish all the same things that MHC can; presumably not as there should be a raison d'être for MHC.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
there should be a raison d'être for MHC.
One would think...but based on many experiences shared in the MHC threads I don't think there really is one lol!

Anyway this article pretty states that points advance can be done via regular customer support. https://frequentmiler.com/hyatt-points-advance/
Dr Jabadski likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.