Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2021, 6:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Gioventu
I will become Globalist in the middle of an upcoming 10 night stay at Andaz Mayakoba... Can I expect globalist perks from the beginning of this stay or wont the whole stay be considered? Is there any rule?
I was upgraded on my first ever stay with Hyatt because of the number of nights I booked. Became globalist when I left. But it was at a Hyatt Place with complimentary breakfast. Manager personally greeted me.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I was upgraded on my first ever stay with Hyatt because of the number of nights I booked. Became globalist when I left. But it was at a Hyatt Place with complimentary breakfast. Manager personally greeted me.
1) Definitely a very different climate socially and economically.

2) That was well before the reduced requirements where basically everyone is Globalist now

3) It was a HP which didnt really increase any benefits listed above

4) Andaz is vastly different a massive benefit being waived resort fees and comp breakfast.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:35 am

First time poster here who's fairly new to Hyatt.

I searched for answers to the following questions in the forum, and didn't necessarily find clear, recent answers.
  1. Do nights booked with a AAA rate count as Tier-Qualifying Nights? There are some older data points that said this was the case, but nothing recent.
  2. If you modify a booking to remove some nights, do you always run the risk of the price for the nights you keep increasing? I saw some advice that if you think you're going to do that, then book each night individually, but wonder how often that is necessary.
I appreciate any answers. Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Taco_Lover
First time poster here who's fairly new to Hyatt.

I searched for answers to the following questions in the forum, and didn't necessarily find clear, recent answers.
  1. Do nights booked with a AAA rate count as Tier-Qualifying Nights? There are some older data points that said this was the case, but nothing recent.
  2. If you modify a booking to remove some nights, do you always run the risk of the price for the nights you keep increasing? I saw some advice that if you think you're going to do that, then book each night individually, but wonder how often that is necessary.
I appreciate any answers. Thanks in advance!
AAA Rate is Tier Eligible.

Cutting down nights does run the risk of repricing. I always book like 3 nights then the 4th I book separately if Im uncertain about staying that night.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
AAA Rate is Tier Eligible.

Cutting down nights does run the risk of repricing. I always book like 3 nights then the 4th I book separately if Im uncertain about staying that night.
I appreciate the confirmation. Thanks for the quick reply Matt4200!
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Seeking clarification for points calculations. Please correct any misunderstandings on my end.

-Base earnings of 5 points per $ is on the room rate before taxes, plus other eligible spend.
-Globalist benefit would yield 1.5 bonus points per $ on the room rate before taxes, plus other eligible spend.
-WOH CC would yield 4 bonus points per $ on everything charged, including taxes fees, etc.

Is this how it should work? Thanks!
Yes, that is correct.

The 6.5 points per $ would post right away but the WOH CC points would post in roughly a month.
projectmaximus likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Yes, that is correct.

The 6.5 points per $ would post right away but the WOH CC points would post in roughly a month.
Thanks, knowing the details helps tremendously in making the determination for points or cash on a reservation. I guess I should also pay attention to my earnings to make sure Hyatt/Chase are not shortchanging me lol.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Not Hyatt related, but is there a setting I messed with that caused the forum directory from sticking to the top of a thread?
I now have to navigate using the back buttons on my browser and it's not ideal.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by kevinjm
Not Hyatt related, but is there a setting I messed with that caused the forum directory from sticking to the top of a thread?
I now have to navigate using the back buttons on my browser and it's not ideal.
I've also found it annoying. However, there is a Back to Subforum button at the bottom left of the page. Just not used to looking for it there yet.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Is there a list of club lounges that are actually open?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ralphs
Is there a list of club lounges that are actually open?
No.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
If I apply a Suite Upgrade Award to an upcoming stay, but then cancel the stay (well before the cancellation deadline), what happens to the Suite Upgrade Award?

Will it -
1. Automatically be returned at the moment of cancellation?
2. Not automatically be returned, but will be returned if I call in?
3. Not be returned, the Suite Upgrade Award is lost.

Another question about Suite Upgrade Awards. I am looking at a 5 night stay next year where my best choices are
1. Pay the member rate for a basic room ($806) and apply a Suite Upgrade award (expiring 2/23), or
2. Pay the standard rate plus 6000 points per night, cost is $1002 plus 30K points.
The cash cost of the suite would be $1959.
Is this a good use of the Suite Upgrade Award? I expect to have other stays in the next year where I could use the SUA, and I don't have a very good idea how to value the award. My stays tend to be 5 to 7 days outside of the U.S.

Last edited by jbeckett; Nov 4, 2021 at 2:04 pm Reason: add another question
Old Nov 4, 2021, 2:24 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by jbeckett
If I apply a Suite Upgrade Award to an upcoming stay, but then cancel the stay (well before the cancellation deadline), what happens to the Suite Upgrade Award?

Will it -
1. Automatically be returned at the moment of cancellation?
2. Not automatically be returned, but will be returned if I call in?
3. Not be returned, the Suite Upgrade Award is lost.

Another question about Suite Upgrade Awards. I am looking at a 5 night stay next year where my best choices are
1. Pay the member rate for a basic room ($806) and apply a Suite Upgrade award (expiring 2/23), or
2. Pay the standard rate plus 6000 points per night, cost is $1002 plus 30K points.
The cash cost of the suite would be $1959.
Is this a good use of the Suite Upgrade Award? I expect to have other stays in the next year where I could use the SUA, and I don't have a very good idea how to value the award. My stays tend to be 5 to 7 days outside of the U.S.
first question: answer is 1). TSU retains original expiration date.
second question: probably a personal preference. I would use the TSU
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:44 pm

Was very baffled with the Globalist Phone Line today.

So my SO was targeted for the Onwards and Upwards promo (12k for 5 Nights), but I was not.

Due to that I decided to make some GOH bookings for them so we could stay and get the bonus (I didnt mention this reasoning to the rep though or that it was a GOH booking for my SO since we have different last names).

The rep made the GOH booking and at the end when I asked if they could add their WOH number the rep told me - You know theres no point in adding their Hyatt number they wont earn any credit for the stay or anything.

Which is a bit baffling because I cant earn EQN for the stay since its a GOH booking, Hyatt has always said whoever stays and has their name on the reservation gets the EQNs.

Maybe just a newer employee, but still shouldnt be assigned to the Globalist line in that case
Old Nov 6, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
I'm new to Hyatt and have about 120 nights this year. I am not eligible for any of the recent promotions. Seems like once you commit to 100 nights they stop caring about you booking with them or am I missing something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.