Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
Thats not the property then. If you call a hotel and press the reservation line it just redirects you to the central Hyatt number lol. It can be hard to actually talk to the front desk at a hotel because sometimes they'll transfer to the main reservation line once they find out you're asking about a reservation. You could email them at [email protected]

Alot of Hyatts will have emails on their personalized page, you can often times also book a reservation and login to the econcierge and find an email in there too

I'm a Globalist but often times don't even bother with My Hyatt Concierge for things like this. Like my balcony room in NOLA for Mardi Gras I arranged with the Manager of the hotel directly.
No dice, I'm not even getting a response. I think being a globalist makes them a pay a bit more attention to you than a random person with no Hyatt stays the last 2 years. I can't complain too much, even at P+C I'm saving a bunch compared to any other suite I could book during that time.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Free award nigh

I am going to Portugal and want to stay two nights at the Pousada Palacio de Estoi, an SLH hotel Sept. 29-Oct. 1, 2020. I want to pay for one night and use my free night for the other night, but I don't get my free night until June or July. Is the best way to do this to book one paid night and one on points and then contact Hyatt to switch my point stay to the free night?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Just wondering how often does Hyatt have points sales? I don't think the current promotion is the lowest. I want to max it out for this calendar year. How do I get around the annual maximum limit on points purchases?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Just wondering how often does Hyatt have points sales? I don't think the current promotion is the lowest. I want to max it out for this calendar year. How do I get around the annual maximum limit on points purchases?
Search for the 40% bonuses - that seems to be the highest I’ve usually seen. I usually see them at least once a year (near year end). There might be a mid-year offers too.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Runner123
I am going to Portugal and want to stay two nights at the Pousada Palacio de Estoi, an SLH hotel Sept. 29-Oct. 1, 2020. I want to pay for one night and use my free night for the other night, but I don't get my free night until June or July. Is the best way to do this to book one paid night and one on points and then contact Hyatt to switch my point stay to the free night?
You could but if the room isn't available when you get the free night there is no guarantee the one you cancel will go back into inventory
Old Feb 7, 2020, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by tearex
Search for the 40% bonuses - that seems to be the highest I’ve usually seen. I usually see them at least once a year (near year end). There might be a mid-year offers too.
40% is the best. There is currently a promotion but not 40%. Also remember to use topcashback.com when purchasing your points for 2.5% cashback. You probably have an account but if not I can refer you.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:31 pm

I'm sure this has been asked already and possibly frowned upon, but want to be sure.

Basically trying to see if there is a way I can give my Explorist benefits (I know - not much) to my sister to stay at a Hyatt Regency, and give her two of my club rewards while shes there. Aiming to have her use my Hyatt card and ideally have it count for my stays/points. I've read that Hyatt is cracking down on the trick of booking and then switching the name over, and that I potentially wouldn't get credit if doing that.

But, how about adding her as an authorized user to my Hyatt credit card? I believe it prints the Hyatt membership number on the back, assuming it would put the same one on there even for an authorized user? Has anyone tried to to extend benefits to trusted family members?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by omaourladypeace
I'm sure this has been asked already and possibly frowned upon, but want to be sure.

Basically trying to see if there is a way I can give my Explorist benefits (I know - not much) to my sister to stay at a Hyatt Regency, and give her two of my club rewards while shes there. Aiming to have her use my Hyatt card and ideally have it count for my stays/points. I've read that Hyatt is cracking down on the trick of booking and then switching the name over, and that I potentially wouldn't get credit if doing that.

But, how about adding her as an authorized user to my Hyatt credit card? I believe it prints the Hyatt membership number on the back, assuming it would put the same one on there even for an authorized user? Has anyone tried to to extend benefits to trusted family members?

Book it under your name and add them as the second guest. Call the hotel and tell them to note that you will be arriving late. Might work.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tearex
Same here so I guess it's a once a year thing?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Book it under your name and add them as the second guest. Call the hotel and tell them to note that you will be arriving late. Might work.
Any thoughts on the authorized user idea? My sister is going for her anniversary, so want to try and mitigate any back and forth with the desk if possible.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:02 pm

Any thoughts on the authorized user idea? My sister is going for her anniversary, so want to try and mitigate any back and forth with the desk if possible.
The AU card will have the primary account number but you can't make a reservation under a different name than the account name unless you're a globalist and using points. Only way around this is what people above mentioned. You do put your explorist status in jeopardy by doing the work around, they can cancel your account and your sister might not be able to access the room. With that said I think it's pretty low risk though.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
The AU card will have the primary account number but you can't make a reservation under a different name than the account name unless you're a globalist and using points. Only way around this is what people above mentioned. You do put your explorist status in jeopardy by doing the work around, they can cancel your account and your sister might not be able to access the room. With that said I think it's pretty low risk though.
Ah, gotcha, that makes sense - thanks! It may be worth adding her as an AU just for incidentals and purchases while at the hotel.

And just to be sure - the "second guest" thing is a better way to do it than to change the name on the reservation via the website after booking under mine? Would it no longer be linked to my WoH account number?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:23 pm

Ah, gotcha, that makes sense - thanks! It may be worth adding her as an AU just for incidentals and purchases while at the hotel.

And just to be sure - the "second guest" thing is a better way to do it than to change the name on the reservation via the website after booking under mine? Would it no longer be linked to my WoH account number?
The only two ways it'll work is the the second guest trick or if you show up and check in and turn the keys over. Keep in mind Hyatt has sent our warning letters about the second guest trick in the past, you can Google it
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: United
delete

Last edited by computerguy; Feb 11, 2020 at 5:43 pm
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Credit for simultaneous stays?

Odd situation, didn't see this in the FAQs. Appreciate your advice...

I'm staying with family for 3 nights in City A. On the third night, I have a business trip to City B. If I stay at a Hyatt in both cities on that same night, would I still receive points for both stays? What about elite night credit?

I saw this post from 2017 indicating I might receive points for both, but eligible night for one: Multiple Hyatt stays on one night at different properties - recent experiences?

In 2015 with old HGP program it looks like overlapping stays both posted: Two different stays, two different properties, for the same night???

Last edited by soartoday; Feb 11, 2020 at 12:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.