Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I need ideas for not losing my 100k WOH points. Still unsure what to actually do with these points but ideas are very welcome. I’m feeling very low incentive to do much - definitely no CC for WOH...
Old Jan 19, 2020, 6:36 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by gaobest
I need ideas for not losing my 100k WOH points. Still unsure what to actually do with these points but ideas are very welcome. I’m feeling very low incentive to do much - definitely no CC for WOH...
WOW 100k. Please don’t lose them. I can use them for you! That’s the one brand I don’t have any points in but so much good properties to stay at.

It’s worth a lot on free hotel nights.

But there’s several ways. Transfer from chase ultimate rewards or stay at any M-Life (MGM) properties. Recent AA partnership you can earn 1 point per flight dollar spent.

Rent Avis cars? Enter discount code “K817700,” and enter your World Of Hyatt membership number.

Last but not least just buy 1000 points.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Active Members can remain active in the Program by (i) receiving points via authorized means, (ii) receiving credits with a partner in the Program for a stay at a Hyatt hotel or resort, (iii) redeeming points (and, if applicable, completing any reservation for which such points were redeemed), (iv) gifting a Program award (in accordance with these Terms), (v) converting points to Partner Loyalty Points (as defined in Appendix B), (vi) purchasing or combining points, or (vii) having a valid Hyatt co-branded credit card, including the Hyatt Credit Card and the World of Hyatt Credit Card (collectively, “Hyatt-branded Credit Card”) associated with the Member’s Program account. If a Member redeems points for an Award Reservation and either cancels that reservation or does not actually check-in on the appointed date (i.e., no-shows), that reservation will not count as a redemption of points pursuant to subsection (iii) of the preceding sentence and will not toll the measurement of that Member’s Program inactivity.

The cheapest way is probably to go to a nearby Hyatt, eat at the restaurant, and provide your WoH number. You should earn points. Note that in many locales, alcohol doesn't earn points, so getting a drink at the bar may not be enough (though this is enforced inconsistently)

If that isn't feasible for you for some reason, you can "sacrifice" 5k pts by either booking a nearby Cat 1 (be sure to check in or it won't count), or transfer 5k pts to a partner (you will only get 2k partner pts/miles). If the Cat 1 is cheap enough, you may wish to pay cash rather than sacrifice the 5k pts.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Question -

What happens if you made a GOH booking for dates that are considered “off peak” after the new changes take place in March?

Not sure if it’s the same as if it were a normal booking.

I’m really skeptical about the new system as they say just random days can be “off peak”. For example if you have a 5 night stay days 1 and 2 could be Standard, Day 3 Peak, and days 4 and 5 “Off Peak”. That sounds really stressful, but if that happened I guess that specific situation would actually be beneficial as you’d save points compared to the current system.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Question -

What happens if you made a GOH booking for dates that are considered “off peak” after the new changes take place in March?

Not sure if it’s the same as if it were a normal booking.

I’m really skeptical about the new system as they say just random days can be “off peak”. For example if you have a 5 night stay days 1 and 2 could be Standard, Day 3 Peak, and days 4 and 5 “Off Peak”. That sounds really stressful, but if that happened I guess that specific situation would actually be beneficial as you’d save points compared to the current system.
No different than if you booked a stay at a lower points rate then it changed, you would keep the lower rate. That's how redemption changes have always been treated.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
No different than if you booked a stay at a lower points rate then it changed, you would keep the lower rate. That's how redemption changes have always been treated.
Sorry if I worded it poorly, I wanted to know if the GOH Stay was marked as “Off Peak”, would the additional be refunded as would a normal reservation?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it with the search feature. If I've already requalified for Globalist, will I be allowed to use one last certificate after the expiration.
e.g. use a 2/29/2020 cert in March?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Sorry if I worded it poorly, I wanted to know if the GOH Stay was marked as “Off Peak”, would the additional be refunded as would a normal reservation?
Yes, this is very clearly stated on the Hyatt page https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...n-updates.html
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:12 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by krazieman
I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it with the search feature. If I've already requalified for Globalist, will I be allowed to use one last certificate after the expiration.
e.g. use a 2/29/2020 cert in March?
No ... from the T&Cs

"Expiration of Awards; Expired Awards Not Extendable. Some awards are subject to an expiration date, as specified in these Terms or in separate offer terms for a promotional award. Awards are void if not redeemed prior to the specified expiration date. The redemption period for any such award will not be extended. For stay-based awards, expiration is measured by the checkout date of the stay on which such award is redeemed. The checkout date for the Award Reservation on which any such award is redeemed must occur before the expiration date of the award. Other types of awards may specify how their expiration date is measured in the terms for the applicable award."
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:40 pm

New to WOH

Hi All -

I had 130 nights with Marriott last year and am thinking of switching over to Hyatt instead. I have made a couple of reservations to try out a few different brands.

Any recommendations? I loved SPG but am not a huge fan of the Marriott changes. I have already applied for the Hyatt credit card as well.

Last thing is much of my travel is with my work for Accenture but the rate code I have doesn't seem to be as cheap as the Marriott ones. I'm not sure if I'm using the right code or where to check.

Thanks in advance,
Reza
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rezrez12
Hi All -

I had 130 nights with Marriott last year and am thinking of switching over to Hyatt instead. I have made a couple of reservations to try out a few different brands.

Any recommendations? I loved SPG but am not a huge fan of the Marriott changes. I have already applied for the Hyatt credit card as well.

Last thing is much of my travel is with my work for Accenture but the rate code I have doesn't seem to be as cheap as the Marriott ones. I'm not sure if I'm using the right code or where to check.

Thanks in advance,
Reza
Give Hyatt a shot! I did 800 nights w/Starwood 2010-2017 and loved it...Marriott frankly sucks, I realize now why I actively avoided the chain for so long. Poor IT, customer service, on-property recognition, transparency, leadership team, etc. Just terrible all around.

Hyatt is the closest thing to legacy SPG. Globalist is an amazing tier.

Your corp rate is still probably pretty good. Come on over!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:33 pm

I agree with RedElmo's suggestions. You can also find a friend that has Globalist status and transfer your points to their account and have them book you a Guest of Honor reservation so that they extend their Globalist status to you.

In the past, I've also used Coupon Connection to trade my AS upgrade certificates for WoH points.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:27 am

Question on upgrades. So looking at doing a C&P along with a points upgrade to a club room. Is this possible?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:45 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Question on upgrades. So looking at doing a C&P along with a points upgrade to a club room. Is this possible?
yes, that works with "eligible" rates. C+P is an eligible rate.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 8:46 am

So I could book a C+P and then apply a club upgrade on top?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.