Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:47 am
Suspended

I matched M Life Gold to Hyatt Explorist. My home address is in Europe. But I do have some stays in the US in my stay history at Hyatt.

Do you guys think there's a chance I get offered a status challenge for AAdvantage?

Currently OW Sapphire with BA, but I might not have the chance to renew. If I want a shot at the AAdvantage challenge, do I need to open a FF account with AAdvantage and somehow link it to Hyatt?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain
I matched M Life Gold to Hyatt Explorist. My home address is in Europe. But I do have some stays in the US in my stay history at Hyatt.

Do you guys think there's a chance I get offered a status challenge for AAdvantage?

Currently OW Sapphire with BA, but I might not have the chance to renew. If I want a shot at the AAdvantage challenge, do I need to open a FF account with AAdvantage and somehow link it to Hyatt?
Yea you definitely need an AA account and you have to link it. I got offered a challenge immediately after linking my account last summer as explorist. Only had two flights on AA in previous 12 months and luckily one of them was 2 days after being offered the challenge lol.
Comatose.Captain likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:50 pm

Chase Points and Qualifying Nights

Hey Everyone,

Quick, dumb question: If I book a night at a Hyatt using ultimate reward portal (Chase points), does that count as a qualifying night? I know for sure that if I were to transfer the points into Hyatt points and book a points night, it would. I just didn’t know if the Ultimate Reward Portal is considered a third party site which I don’t think is therefore qualifying.

I want to downgrade the CSR but want to make sure I can still use my UR points for Hyatt before I do. (Or transfer all of them, if needed)
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by BobJohnson
Hey Everyone,

Quick, dumb question: If I book a night at a Hyatt using ultimate reward portal (Chase points), does that count as a qualifying night? I know for sure that if I were to transfer the points into Hyatt points and book a points night, it would. I just didn’t know if the Ultimate Reward Portal is considered a third party site which I don’t think is therefore qualifying.

I want to downgrade the CSR but want to make sure I can still use my UR points for Hyatt before I do. (Or transfer all of them, if needed)
No. They have to be booked directly on Hyatt.com. Transfer the UR to Hyatt, then redeem points if you want the qualifying night.

If its cheaper on Chase UR Portal, but you don't care about the qualifying night. It would be better to book there.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you can answer re an upcoming stay at the Bellagio. I made the rez via the Hyatt website (and got that $50/night deal from about a year ago).

1. Is there ever any option to upgrade to a suite with points in these non-Hyatt properties? If so, how do you go about it and how many points is it? If not, is there ever an option to pay for a suite upgrade? If so, how do you go about it? Because this is technically an MLife property, I wasn't sure how it would work, if at all.

2. Currently the rez is not linked to my Gold MLife account. Should I do that? Any benefit? Perhaps for above question?

3. If possible I'd like to book a second room w/ points for a few nights during our visit (they canceled my original second room b/c of rate mistake). The only option is points + half rate for the entire week. Other dates have full point rooms. Is there any work around here?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:04 am
FT

Originally Posted by cvseuy
No. They have to be booked directly on Hyatt.com. Transfer the UR to Hyatt, then redeem points if you want the qualifying night.

If its cheaper on Chase UR Portal, but you don't care about the qualifying night. It would be better to book there.
is AMEX Fine Hotel the only exception to Hyatt providing qualifying nights on a non Hyatt website? Will Hyatt issue qualifying night credit if the reservation is through AMEX but for a hotel in either the Hotel Collection or their regular offerings?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 7:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by FT
is AMEX Fine Hotel the only exception to Hyatt providing qualifying nights on a non Hyatt website? Will Hyatt issue qualifying night credit if the reservation is through AMEX but for a hotel in either the Hotel Collection or their regular offerings?
​​​​​​I believe Virtuoso bookings are also fine.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:04 pm
FT

Originally Posted by danger
​​​​​​I believe Virtuoso bookings are also fine.
Do AMEX Hotel Collection and regular hotel bookings through Amex Travel count or only Fine Hotels through AMEX?
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of you can answer re an upcoming stay at the Bellagio. I made the rez via the Hyatt website (and got that $50/night deal from about a year ago).

1. Is there ever any option to upgrade to a suite with points in these non-Hyatt properties? If so, how do you go about it and how many points is it? If not, is there ever an option to pay for a suite upgrade? If so, how do you go about it? Because this is technically an MLife property, I wasn't sure how it would work, if at all.

2. Currently the rez is not linked to my Gold MLife account. Should I do that? Any benefit? Perhaps for above question?

3. If possible I'd like to book a second room w/ points for a few nights during our visit (they canceled my original second room b/c of rate mistake). The only option is points + half rate for the entire week. Other dates have full point rooms. Is there any work around here?
1. Nope. Sometimes if availability is high or during slow times, you would get an email for upgrade options. Usually a day or two before trip.

2. I would, since there's no harm in doing it. This way, both your MLIFE account would get credited, which then leads to your Hyatt account getting credited (sometimes).

3. Nope. Besides checking often, not much you can do about it since they are not an actual Hyatt property where you can sometimes call and try to negotiate something.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by easy_money
1. Nope. Sometimes if availability is high or during slow times, you would get an email for upgrade options. Usually a day or two before trip.

2. I would, since there's no harm in doing it. This way, both your MLIFE account would get credited, which then leads to your Hyatt account getting credited (sometimes).

3. Nope. Besides checking often, not much you can do about it since they are not an actual Hyatt property where you can sometimes call and try to negotiate something.
Thanks for all that! I pretty much figured I wouldn’t be able to maneuver any of it but at least now I know for sure. I’ll call Mlife and get them linked.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:35 pm

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best Hyatt redemption in Southeast Asia?
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by mguarino28
Does anyone have a recommendation for the best Hyatt redemption in Southeast Asia?
I would like to know too.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
I have an upcoming 3 night trip. When I try to book it on the Hyatt website it gives me a rate of $152 per night. However, if I split it into two separate reservations, it gives me a rate of $128 for the first two nights, and $136 for the third night. Is this a common occurrence? Should I be checking all my reservations this way? Are there any downside to booking two separate reservations, other than making my expense report a bit more complicated? I tried tweeting at hyattconcierge, but they were unhelpful.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:01 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by murphy
I have an upcoming 3 night trip. When I try to book it on the Hyatt website it gives me a rate of $152 per night. However, if I split it into two separate reservations, it gives me a rate of $128 for the first two nights, and $136 for the third night. Is this a common occurrence? Should I be checking all my reservations this way? Are there any downside to booking two separate reservations, other than making my expense report a bit more complicated? I tried tweeting at hyattconcierge, but they were unhelpful.
Unfortunately this is common on Hyatt.com....
No issue to book separately. You will also not have to switch rooms at the hotel.
You can call hotel ahead or central reservations to have the reservations linked.
murphy and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Unfortunately this is common on Hyatt.com....
No issue to book separately. You will also not have to switch rooms at the hotel.
You can call hotel ahead or central reservations to have the reservations linked.
How are you booking on Hyatt then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.