Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by soartoday
Odd situation, didn't see this in the FAQs. Appreciate your advice...

I'm staying with family for 3 nights in City A. On the third night, I have a business trip to City B. If I stay at a Hyatt in both cities on that same night, would I still receive points for both stays? What about elite night credit?

I saw this post from 2017 indicating I might receive points for both, but eligible night for one: Multiple Hyatt stays on one night at different properties - recent experiences?

In 2015 with old HGP program it looks like overlapping stays both posted: Two different stays, two different properties, for the same night???
In theory I am pretty sure by program rules you should only get one status night but all the points.

In practice, maybe you will get two status nights.

Last summer I had a room in Chicago at the CAA with my visiting parents. As I happened, it had an expiring free night from the Hyatt CC. So I also checked in for the night at a different Hyatt and my wife/son stayed there. Got status for both.
soartoday likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
I am globalist and am hosting colleagues. The colleagues don't have status and each of the 5 colleagues will have their own room.

Is there a way for me to get their points / stays? If I book the reservation and put their name, how would that work?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by mayday23
I am globalist and am hosting colleagues. The colleagues don't have status and each of the 5 colleagues will have their own room.

Is there a way for me to get their points / stays? If I book the reservation and put their name, how would that work?
All 5 rooms would have to be in your name, but you'll get the points for all of them and ONE stay credit. If you have club access awards in your account, you could use them for those rooms if you're in a hotel with a club.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:08 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by mayday23

Originally Posted by Mary2e
All 5 rooms would have to be in your name, but you'll get the points for all of them and ONE stay credit. If you have club access awards in your account, you could use them for those rooms if you're in a hotel with a club.
As per the rules you will get the points for 3 rooms, you may be lucky to get for 5 rooms.
You could try and have all charges incl accommodation transferred to 1 room, may increase the chances.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:28 am

Programs: avios
Hyatt cancellation policy

Hello Everyone,

I've booked a low rate room at the Keystone Hyatt in March for a week skiing. Unfortunatly we can't make and they won't refun as it was a special offer. Does anyone know if there is a way that they would change the room or refund it?

booked under our Advance Purchase rate. This is a fully pre-paid, non-refundable rate. Hence any changes on your reservation will be fully charge.

Dave
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Daveroot
Hello Everyone,

I've booked a low rate room at the Keystone Hyatt in March for a week skiing. Unfortunatly we can't make and they won't refun as it was a special offer. Does anyone know if there is a way that they would change the room or refund it?

booked under our Advance Purchase rate. This is a fully pre-paid, non-refundable rate. Hence any changes on your reservation will be fully charge.

Dave
The only time I have been able to get them to refund is when I called literally minutes after I made the reservation in error. Then they said as a globalist and due to the fact that I called so quickly they could make an exception.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:03 pm

Can you help me figure out my mystery additional night credited?

Hey Everyone,

I noticed on my app that I have one more night than I should have. I can’t figure out why this is. I know I had the five free nights for the credit card, and I saw the nights that I have paid so far for hotel stays. I confirmed on the app and website that I had the right amount for hotel stays. Still, I had one extra night. I did notice on January 1,2020 I had “Chase Credit Card Night Credits”. (The same is true for December 31st, 2019 and also the date that I signed up for the credit card earlier in the year.). I don’t believe there is any way to get any more details on that January 1st credit(s), but I assume that is the answer to my question. I was/am assuming that January 1st, 2020 credit is for the five free credit card nights.

The only thing, however, that makes rational sense is maybe it is an award for $5,000+ spend. There is a credit on 12/31/19 and also one on 1/1/20. At the time, I wasn’t paying too much attention to spending or the program really and was mainly going for the sign up bonus but have enjoyed Hyatt and want to pursue globalist possibly. It’s possible/likely that I hit the $5,000 barrier right around the end of 2019. However, why would they distribute the night credits over two years?

Any other theories? I guess I should just count my blessings but am nervous one might be removed eventually?

Thanks for any help or theories you can offer.

Last edited by BobJohnson; Feb 12, 2020 at 8:08 pm
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by BobJohnson
The only thing, however, that makes rational sense is maybe it is an award for $5,000+ spend.
Every $5000 you spend on the card, you get an additional 2 nights credit. Also, did you have any award stays? Those also count for night credit. Try factoring that in.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by tearex
Every $5000 you spend on the card, you get an additional 2 nights credit. Also, did you have any award stays? Those also count for night credit. Try factoring that in.
Thanks for the reply. No award stays so that can’t be it. Also, the $5,000 spend awards two nights so doesn’t seem to make sense that I only have one “extra” night (instead of a multiple of two).

Like I said, I did get a credit on 12/31 as well as 1/1. The only thing I can figure is Hyatt split my two qualifying nights for spend over the two years. Not sure though.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 1:30 pm

Has anyone had success in booking two different Hyatt awards on overlapping dates at two different properties (adding a second family member to the reservation for one of them), and getting elite night credit for both?

One of the good things about Marriott is that worked with them last year, in my experience...

Thank you!
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:01 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
In theory I am pretty sure by program rules you should only get one status night but all the points.

In practice, maybe you will get two status nights.

Last summer I had a room in Chicago at the CAA with my visiting parents. As I happened, it had an expiring free night from the Hyatt CC. So I also checked in for the night at a different Hyatt and my wife/son stayed there. Got status for both.
Thanks for this answer. It gave me the confidence to go ahead with it, and indeed the overlapping night credited (points and elite night).
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:34 am
FT

Does the 5 night credit w/ the Hyatt CC count toward milestone rewards or are milestone rewards "in bed" nights? Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by FT
Does the 5 night credit w/ the Hyatt CC count toward milestone rewards or are milestone rewards "in bed" nights? Thanks
They count. Any night that is considered a qualifying night counts toward the milestone rewards.
FT likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Are there any Hyatt affiliated credit cards for Canadians?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Are there any Hyatt affiliated credit cards for Canadians?
No.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.