Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by touristtrap
This is interesting as I did get over 30 nights due to current promotion. I thought that I would need true 30 nights stays to receive a certificate.
I'll monitor and report if any changes.

Thanks for all your help and explanations.
The double nights do count towards milestones (as well as status) so you'll get the 30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100 night milestones based on your qualifying night count, regardless of whether the nights came from actual stays, credit card spend or Bonus Journeys Bonus Nights.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by touristtrap
This is interesting as I did get over 30 nights due to current promotion. I thought that I would need true 30 nights stays to receive a certificate.
I'll monitor and report if any changes.

Thanks for all your help and explanations.
The doubled nights are elite qualifying nights for the purposes of milestone rewards. I stayed 28 nights ending Jan 2nd and +5 nights from cc got all the milestone rewards up to 60 nights, including concierge. I think your cert will be extended to 12/31 as mine was. Just give it a week.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 2:32 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by porphyra
I have never done a cash + point booking for a suite upgrade - but a hotel I am looking at has a Cash + points ($150 + 6000 pts) for a suite, vs cheapest regular rate of $158 for a twin room.

If I select the cash+points:
1) Do I still get the 4x points as part of the ongoing promo + double EQN for the cash portion of the rate?
2) Do I still get the 25% point rebate (am a WOH CC holder) as part of the redemption offer? For a 5 day stay this should net me back 7500 points out of the total 30,000.

Thanks
on 1) yes, double EQN, 4x points if it is a resort, else 3x
on 2) don‘t know as I don‘t have the CC, but I would assume yes
Old Jan 28, 2021, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
on 2) don‘t know as I don‘t have the CC, but I would assume yes
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-offer-US.html

All Members: Members can receive 15% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points they redeem for Free Night Awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, Exhale classes and spa therapies, FIND experiences and Lindblad excursions during the Promotion Period. Maximum 30,000 Bonus Points per transaction may be earned under this offer.

Hyatt Credit Cardmembers and World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers: Hyatt Credit Cardmembers and World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can receive an additional 10% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points they redeem for Free Night Awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, Exhale classes and spa therapies, FIND experiences and Lindblad excursions during the Promotion Period. To qualify, credit card account must be open at the time of fulfillment. Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the stated benefits and services. Bonus Points will post directly to your World of Hyatt account and will not appear on your credit card statement. Maximum 30,000 Bonus Points per transaction may be earned under this offer (for a total of 60,000 Bonus Points per transaction).
Old Jan 29, 2021, 4:47 pm

Looking at using my 1-4 cert in Portland, possibly at the Hyatt Centric. They have a parking option at $47 for valet(only option for their parking) If I signed up for the earlier promotion 25% back and free parking while staying with free night, does this include the 1-4 certs or only if I was to redeem points for a free night? I have the first Hyatt card (soon to be WoH?) and am explorists. I'm reading that fine print as "on points" but thought I would ask to get a for sure or if someone has received free parking while using the 1-4 cert. I can change to points instead if needed as I'll get 25% back I guess...just wanted to burn the cert if I could, but don't want to pay for parking, if you know what I mean.

Get 25% of your redeemed points back as Bonus Points and free parking, where it can be charged to the hotel, on free nights when you stay on points by February 28, 2021
Old Jan 29, 2021, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by shand32783
Looking at using my 1-4 cert in Portland, possibly at the Hyatt Centric. They have a parking option at $47 for valet(only option for their parking) If I signed up for the earlier promotion 25% back and free parking while staying with free night, does this include the 1-4 certs or only if I was to redeem points for a free night? I have the first Hyatt card (soon to be WoH?) and am explorists. I'm reading that fine print as "on points" but thought I would ask to get a for sure or if someone has received free parking while using the 1-4 cert. I can change to points instead if needed as I'll get 25% back I guess...just wanted to burn the cert if I could, but don't want to pay for parking, if you know what I mean.

Get 25% of your redeemed points back as Bonus Points and free parking, where it can be charged to the hotel, on free nights when you stay on points by February 28, 2021
unless you don’t expect to stay at another Cat 4 before your cert expires (or if you have no points or UR points to transfer) then using points with the 25% rebate is a better deal. The rebate likely won’t continue through the end of the year.
shand32783 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 10:38 pm

Hi new to Hyatt just wanted to know when booking if I have more than one person staying in one room the price goes up but when I put only one person price doesn’t go up so can I book with just one person but I have more thank one person staying with me? Sorry if this is a bad question. Thank u
Old Feb 1, 2021, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Airnewzealand08
Hi new to Hyatt just wanted to know when booking if I have more than one person staying in one room the price goes up but when I put only one person price doesn’t go up so can I book with just one person but I have more thank one person staying with me? Sorry if this is a bad question. Thank u
It still depends on the property
Airnewzealand08 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Airnewzealand08
As a general statement, this is a delineation between properties in North America and elsewhere in the world. In the US specifically, room pricing is generally for double occupancy, so having 1 or 2 guests in the room makes no difference for rate purposes. But in other parts of the world, a second guest may cause a change in rate.

What you may also be seeing is a difference in room type. In many countries, the lowest-priced room for 1 guest is a single-occupancy room. If you search with a second guest, those cheaper rooms (and their corresponding lower rates) will no longer be available. In some places it is common for a second guest to simply result in a higher rate.
beltway likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy
As a general statement, this is a delineation between properties in North America and elsewhere in the world. In the US specifically, room pricing is generally for double occupancy, so having 1 or 2 guests in the room makes no difference for rate purposes. But in other parts of the world, a second guest may cause a change in rate.
Worth noting that there are still some exceptions to this for US Hyatts - e.g. Miraval properties.
CLEguy likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Requisite apology if this has been covered in the past:

Looking to book a last-minute 4-night stay @ a Destination Property over President's Day weekend.

Searching Feb 10-14 rate is 439 439 899 899 p/n respectively (selecting AAA says no discount available for these dates.)
Searching Feb 10-13 rate is 395 395 809 (with AAA discount applied.)
I can't select Feb 13-14 a la carte as it's a Saturday night and says no availability.

Is there any way to apply the AAA discount to the first 3 nights or must it be available for the entire stay?
Old Feb 2, 2021, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by msg75

Looking to book a last-minute 4-night stay @ a Destination Property over President's Day weekend.

Searching Feb 10-14 rate is 439 439 899 899 p/n respectively (selecting AAA says no discount available for these dates.)
I can't select Feb 13-14 a la carte as it's a Saturday night and says no availability.

Is there any way to apply the AAA discount to the first 3 nights or must it be available for the entire stay?
Which property is it?
Old Feb 2, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Which property is it?
Lodge @ Spuce Peak in Stowe VT
Old Feb 2, 2021, 10:58 am

Lodge @ Spuce Peak in Stowe VT
They do appear to be applying a minimum stay/blackout for the lower category rooms on Saturday.

I can't see a way to apply the AAA discount and stay Saturday night.

Since you're being quoted the Standard Rate, one thing I would suggest is to book via a Prive agent. At least then you'll get a $100 property credit, full breakfast for 2 people each day and a room upgrade. If you're not a Globalist then it should help defray some of the cost/benefit lost from not being able to apply AAA discount.
msg75 and synergistic like this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 1:24 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold

Did you try calling or contacting the Twitter team ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.