Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2021, 3:45 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Credit card spend certs were also updated - but per my comment above, it's not certain that any certs issued in 2021 will be extended (Hyatt specifically said only 2020 certs would be updated and haven't said anything since regarding 2021 certs).
FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Q4- 2021 Q1 promo: new, enhanced "Bonus Journeys"
Old Jan 27, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by iris30
I'm not that familiar with the Hyatt website so I can't seem to answer this for myself...How can I tell if I registered for the Hyatt 25% point rebate (I have the Hyatt CC) prior to the end of the registration period? If I cannot see it online, can I call Hyatt and will they be able to give me a correct answer? I don't want to use my points and not get the rebate. Thanks!
You also should have gotten an email confirming your registration (to the email your Hyatt account was registered to).

Originally Posted by touristtrap
Just received Cat 1-4 night certificate for CC spend on my new WOH card (during Globalist status pursuit), however, expiration date is in July 2021.

Are there any data points about this expiration date being extended till the end of the year?
If yes when should I expect to see the change?
Some certs issued at the beginning of the year were extended in the same batch that extended the certs issued in the last weeks of 2020. Its unclear if 2021 certs will be extended and theres been no official confirmation from Hyatt either way.
Agreed that there's been no official confirmation, but they've been extending some free certs in batches; to be fair, not all certs may look the same to Hyatt behind the scenes, e.g. a cert from a credit card, vs. one from a milestone, etc.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Are youre suggesting the post you linked to says / implies something other than what the post you quoted says?
Old Jan 27, 2021, 6:09 pm
skj

Are youre suggesting the post you linked to says / implies something other than what the post you quoted says?
I'm not suggesting anything. The post clearly states "My 60 night cat1-7 cert was deposited on Jan 7th or so with 180 day expiration and then updated with Dec 31st expiry sometime in the last week."
This refutes your statement that you made earlier.

Credit card spend certs were also updated - but per my comment above, it's not certain that any certs issued in 2021 will be extended (Hyatt specifically said only 2020 certs would be updated and haven't said anything since regarding 2021 certs).
Old Jan 27, 2021, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skj
I'm not suggesting anything. The post clearly states "My 60 night cat1-7 cert was deposited on Jan 7th or so with 180 day expiration and then updated with Dec 31st expiry sometime in the last week."
This refutes your statement that you made earlier.
I dont see how it refutes it:

Some certs issued at the beginning of the year were extended in the same batch that extended the certs issued in the last weeks of 2020. Its unclear if 2021 certs will be extended and theres been no official confirmation from Hyatt either way.
The post you linked to is one example of the piece in bold.

Theres still been no announcement from Hyatt that confirms that they will continue updating expiry dates going forward. They very well may - but again, nothings been confirmed.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 8:25 pm
skj

The post you linked to is one example of the piece in bold.
The poster, touristtrap, asked for data points. I provided one that showed certs issued in 2021 were extended.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
I have never done a cash + point booking for a suite upgrade - but a hotel I am looking at has a Cash + points ($150 + 6000 pts) for a suite, vs cheapest regular rate of $158 for a twin room.

If I select the cash+points:
1) Do I still get the 4x points as part of the ongoing promo + double EQN for the cash portion of the rate?
2) Do I still get the 25% point rebate (am a WOH CC holder) as part of the redemption offer? For a 5 day stay this should net me back 7500 points out of the total 30,000.

Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2021, 6:59 am

Just received Cat 1-4 night certificate for CC spend on my new WOH card (during Globalist status pursuit), however, expiration date is in July 2021.

Are there any data points about this expiration date being extended till the end of the year?
If yes when should I expect to see the change?
I just got response from Hyatt Concierge on Twitter:

Thank you! At this point in the year, only awards that were earned in 2020 and had a 2021 expiration date will be extended. Currently, awards earned in 2021 and expiring in 2021 are not being extended. That could change however! Please check back in the next couple months for any updates to that!
Old Jan 28, 2021, 8:13 am

I just booked a stay for ten days after the Park Hyatt Chicago is due to reopen. It will likely be our only chance to stay here - normal prices are well outside what I'm ever willing to pay for a domestic trip. I'm willing to take the risk of reaccommodation, but I'm wondering what that might look like. Does anyone have any experience with this in the covid world?
Old Jan 28, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
I just got response from Hyatt Concierge on Twitter:

Thank you! At this point in the year, only awards that were earned in 2020 and had a 2021 expiration date will be extended. Currently, awards earned in 2021 and expiring in 2021 are not being extended. That could change however! Please check back in the next couple months for any updates to that!
I don't think you can assume that your cert will get extended, but my cat 1-4 and 1-7 certs that I earned in 2021 have been extended to Dec 31. Since your cat 1-4 cert is earned via credit card spend and therefore a different org is paying for it, the policy may be different. I've run into this in the past with extending cc free nights vs program free nights with marriott. I haven't seen a DP about cc spending certs getting extended.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by joachimm
I don't think you can assume that your cert will get extended, but my cat 1-4 and 1-7 certs that I earned in 2021 have been extended to Dec 31. Since your cat 1-4 cert is earned via credit card spend and therefore a different org is paying for it, the policy may be different. I've run into this in the past with extending cc free nights vs program free nights with marriott. I haven't seen a DP about cc spending certs getting extended.
While night threshold certs are issued for 6 months my experience is CC spend related certs are issued for a 1 year lifespan.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
While night threshold certs are issued for 6 months my experience is CC spend related certs are issued for a 1 year lifespan.
Ok so OP may have received a 30 night cat 1-4 cert if it expires July 2021. Based on multiple dp on flyertalk (including me) this should get extended about a week after issue, despite what the twitter rep said.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:26 am

Do the Cat 1-4 free night certificates count towards the 2x nights earned? I'm staying at a Hyatt Place this Saturday but need the extra night credit. (If it counts) If not, should I book with points instead? Thanks! Shane
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by shand32783
Do the Cat 1-4 free night certificates count towards the 2x nights earned? I'm staying at a Hyatt Place this Saturday but need the extra night credit. (If it counts) If not, should I book with points instead? Thanks! Shane
They do count (as long as you signed up for the promo before the closing date).
shand32783 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by joachimm
Ok so OP may have received a 30 night cat 1-4 cert if it expires July 2021. Based on multiple dp on flyertalk (including me) this should get extended about a week after issue, despite what the twitter rep said.
This is interesting as I did get over 30 nights due to current promotion. I thought that I would need true 30 nights stays to receive a certificate.
I'll monitor and report if any changes.

Thanks for all your help and explanations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.