Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:03 am

New to the Hyatt program after many years with Marriott. Do the FNAs earned/redeemd through Milestone awards and/or Chase CC count toward elite nights? Thanks for the help!
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by keand
New to the Hyatt program after many years with Marriott. Do the FNAs earned/redeemd through Milestone awards and/or Chase CC count toward elite nights? Thanks for the help!
Yes.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Yes.
So I assume redeeming those nights pre-2/28 would count toward Bonus Journey promo (i.e., nights count for double)? Thanks for the help!
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
What is considered an Eligible Stay?

For the purpose of this offer, an eligible stay is defined as any stay at a participating hotel where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay. Back-to-back nights at the same hotel will be considered one eligible stay. See complete terms and conditions on worldofhyatt.com for a list of participating M life Rewards and Small Luxury Hotels destinations. Only eligible stays after registration will qualify. Only stays with checkout dates after registration and on or prior to February 28, 2021 will qualify.
mrgoodkat likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I’m a bit confused by Hyatt’s generosity during the past few months and apparently do not understand the exact terms of recent Hyatt promotions. I’ve called WOH and they’re even more confused than I am (telling me I received some Qualifying Night credits for my credit card statement dated 12/31/20 even though I applied for and was approved for the credit card on 12/28/20 and didn’t get the first statement until a week ago).

I signed up for Bonus Journeys appropriately months ago, I stayed a total of 5 nights between 10/1/20 and 12/31/20, I was approved for the WOH credit card on 12/28/31.

In 2021 I’ve received 3 different transactions of 5 “Chase Credit Card Night Credits” (Jan 1, Jan 1, Jan 13) and 1 transaction of 5 “Bonus Journeys Bonus Nights” (Jan 7) for a total of 20 Qualifying Nights. I was expecting 10 qualifying nights in 2021 from the credit card (“receive 10 WOH Tier-Qualifying Night credits for 2020 …. and again for 2021…”) and 5 from Bonus Journeys.

I do not understand THREE different “Chase Credit Card Night Credits” transactions in 2021. (I also received a “Chase Credit Card Night Credits” transaction on Dec 31 although I did not note the number of Qualifying Nights.)

Can anyone explain the THREE “5 Chase Credit Card Night Credits” transactions in 2021?

Not complaining, simply want to understand. Thank you.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Can anyone explain the THREE “5 Chase Credit Card Night Credits” transactions in 2021?

Not complaining, simply want to understand. Thank you.
This is one of those situations where I would just stay quiet and be thankful for the extra 5 nights

It's likely that one of the three 2021 postings of 5 nights should have been a 2020 posting. You probably won't get an answer from anyone that can definitively say - and I would not suggest asking Chase or Hyatt to look into it unless you're looking for them to take away 5 nights from you!
Old Jan 25, 2021, 3:16 pm

How easy or difficult is it to make a two night points reservation, and then subsequently substitute one of those nights with a free night certificate after award availability has been exhausted?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by freckles123
How easy or difficult is it to make a two night points reservation, and then subsequently substitute one of those nights with a free night certificate after award availability has been exhausted?
It should be pretty easy - best to ask the Twitter team or your concierge (if you have one) to do it.
freckles123 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 4:28 pm

Typically I don't pay too close attention to the "eligible spend" in my hotel bill. But I had a stay this weekend and can't make sense of the bill.

Here is what my bill showed:

How in the world does Eligible Spend add up to $248.31? I would think at the very least it should be Room Rate ($213.20) plus Food ($38) but that gets me to $251.20.

What is Redemption Eligible? How does that impact points earning?

When they calculated my points earning, it was based on the $248.31 mystery number.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 6:55 pm

Programs: Skyteam
If I book rooms at the Excalibur, would that count towards qualifying nights, free breakfast and resort fee waived as a globablist?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
This is one of those situations where I would just stay quiet and be thankful for the extra 5 nights.
You are correct. I will (stay quiet) and I am (thankful).

It's likely that one of the three 2021 postings of 5 nights should have been a 2020 posting.
That’s what I thought, perhaps due to the credit card approval being in the last few days of the last month of the year.

You probably won't get an answer from anyone that can definitively say - and I would not suggest asking Chase or Hyatt to look into it unless you're looking for them to take away 5 nights from you!
Agreed, I just needed a second opinion*. This is one of those situations where being compulsive and/or pedantic is probably unhelpful and possibly counterproductive.

Thank you.

(* “Second opinion” joke, forgive me if you know it: Guy goes to the doctor, doctor says “you have severe acute chronic ologyitis”, guy says “I don’t believe you, I want a second opinion”. Doctor says “okay, you’re also ugly”. )
Old Jan 25, 2021, 9:47 pm

Question

If a hotel is playing games with award availability, in this case requiring a three-night stay. Are there any tricks to book it for one night stay with a cert?
Old Jan 26, 2021, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
If a hotel is playing games with award availability, in this case requiring a three-night stay. Are there any tricks to book it for one night stay with a cert?
Book for three nights using points, reduce the three nights to one night, ask for the cert to be used in place of the points.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 6:11 am

Cool

Book for three nights using points, reduce the three nights to one night, ask for the cert to be used in place of the points.
Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2021, 9:07 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Typically I don't pay too close attention to the "eligible spend" in my hotel bill. But I had a stay this weekend and can't make sense of the bill.

Here is what my bill showed:

How in the world does Eligible Spend add up to $248.31? I would think at the very least it should be Room Rate ($213.20) plus Food ($38) but that gets me to $251.20.

What is Redemption Eligible? How does that impact points earning?

When they calculated my points earning, it was based on the $248.31 mystery number.
I'm guessing you booked using a corporate or some other rate code as your room charge shows as "Package Room". The $213.20 includes your accommodations and some unknown something else apparently valued at $2.89 that doesn't count towards eligible spend. I see something similar whenever I book a room using my corporate rate. If I book using a Member Rate or Standard Rate, my bill usually shows Accommodations instead of Package Room.

Redemption Eligible are expenses you could pay for using points. In this case, it's food, tip, and tax, but not alcohol. It has no affect on points earnings.

If you really want the 15 points, you can call and most agents will look at you bill, see the $213.20 charge, and adjust the eligible spend for you. I used to not worry about it, but when I was getting close to LTG, I wanted every point so called frequently.
Single_Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.