Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2021, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jcboogie
Newb question: Is there a trick to asking for Globalist suite upgrades without the suite upgrade certificate? I've stayed at 5 Hyatts and a few MLife properties in the last 3 months. I just got Globalist in Feb, and since then never once a suite upgrade, unless I was using certificate. I was told by front desk on my first try at getting a suite that only award stays or suite upgrade certificates get upgrades. I did get an upgrade to a higher floor city view room at the PHNY, but that's the best I've been able to get. Just curious, if you're getting upgrades without the upgrade certificate, how did you ask for it?

Here are the hotels I stayed at. Is it maybe something to do wtih these hotels?
Park Hyatt NY
Hyatt Regency Boston
Hyatt Regency New Jersey (Hudson Harbor)
Hyatt Regency San Jose
Hyatt Regenc San Francisco
Hyatt Regency Seattle
MLife (Park MGM, MGM Grand, Delano)
What I and probably most other Globalists do is check the app just before you walk through the door to check in (no online check in). If there is a line, you can also check the app while waiting in line. Search for your stay dates at that hotel and if you see a suite that says Standard Suite, that should be available for upgrades without a Suite Upgrade certificate. Keep that screen open on your phone to show the front desk person when you politely ask if any suites are available for Globalist complimentary upgrades.
They may automatically say no but you can show them your phone where it shows the standard suite available. If they persist in the “sold out” story and you have a Concierge, just call them and let them know that you see standard suites available online for booking but the hotel is denying you the upgrade.
They will usually call the hotel and sort it out for you.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 9:41 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
A lot of places won’t upgrade you proactively, I guess hoping you won’t notice. If there’s a standard suite available for sale, ask for it at check in.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:34 am

Two different Hotels same day

Say I want to go to Vegas for five nights.
Can I book a cheapo dump for 5 nights under my name and also book a nice property for 5 nights as my Primary property?
I would be physically checking into both properties.
Essentially I want to earn 10 tier points for buying 10 room nights over 5 days
Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by writetorich
Say I want to go to Vegas for five nights.
Can I book a cheapo dump for 5 nights under my name and also book a nice property for 5 nights as my Primary property?
I would be physically checking into both properties.
Essentially I want to earn 10 tier points for buying 10 room nights over 5 days
No, only 1 EQN per night
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:07 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Brand new, company has started switching to Hyatt properties where available. Am I going to get night credit and/or points if staying on a direct bill?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
Brand new, company has started switching to Hyatt properties where available. Am I going to get night credit and/or points if staying on a direct bill?
Corporate rates do get Elite night credit just ensure your WOH number is added on at check in.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I booked 7 nights (x2 rooms) on points at HR Tokyo for next summer. If I need to reduce to, say, 5 nights and if the stay occurs during new “peak” pricing, is there any way to reduce nights without repricing the whole thing at higher rate? Or should I make two bookings like 5+2? Kind of a pain bc two rooms, so that’d be 4 rez.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I booked 7 nights (x2 rooms) on points at HR Tokyo for next summer. If I need to reduce to, say, 5 nights and if the stay occurs during new “peak” pricing, is there any way to reduce nights without repricing the whole thing at higher rate? Or should I make two bookings like 5+2? Kind of a pain bc two rooms, so that’d be 4 rez.
Definitely book 5+2 because if it becomes peak then it’s the same as a Category change and Hyatt’s hands are tied.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Definitely book 5+2 because if it becomes peak then it’s the same as a Category change and Hyatt’s hands are tied.
Ack. That’s what I was thinking. So they can’t just drop two nights, they have to rebook it.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Ack. That’s what I was thinking. So they can’t just drop two nights, they have to rebook it.
When they drop nights they essentially just rebook it so if they go to rebook it and the price shot up then you’d be charged the increased rate.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:50 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
Possibly, depending on how the direct bill is set up. Here's what the T&Cs say ...

"Charges Billed to Member. In order for a Member to earn points, the bill for qualifying charges must be in that Member’s name and the Member must personally pay for all charges (i.e., the charges are paid by the Member in cash, using a payment device for which the Member is the named account holder or an authorized signatory, or are billed back to Member’s company or organization for payment and are not settled to a master account/posting master)."
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:06 pm

Will booking a room under a special rate such as AAA count towards the double EQN for those who have the WoH card? Planning to do a mattress run for 5 nights (counts as 10 as double nights) to hit Globalist. Noticed that the AAA rate was little less for a local Hyatt.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Drew523
Will booking a room under a special rate such as AAA count towards the double EQN for those who have the WoH card? Planning to do a mattress run for 5 nights (counts as 10 as double nights) to hit Globalist. Noticed that the AAA rate was little less for a local Hyatt.
Yes
Old Oct 13, 2021, 3:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Tried searching the interwebs, but didn't find a quick enough answer.

Is a GoH booking refundable? Do points/certs go back to the Glob who booked?

Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by kevinjm
Tried searching the interwebs, but didn't find a quick enough answer.

Is a GoH booking refundable? Do points/certs go back to the Glob who booked?

Thanks.
Yes they do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.