Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2023, 9:03 pm

So I messed up and now I need to book two nights over NYE in Tokyo on Hyatt points. Currently, my only choices are HC Ginza or GH Tokyo - all others are either not available or don't have the necessary room type (we need two beds). We will be jet lagged and so nightlife is not a concern. I've read all the threads and googled until I am exhausted and now I'm spinning...analysis paralysis on full display.

I would appreciate guidance on which property to book while I still can. I looked at cash rates at other properties in various areas and they are out of my budget, so I need to use award nights for these. Discoverist only, so glob perks are not a consideration. Thank you for any advice you can share.

Edited to add: I know the locations aren't ideal, but they're what I have to work with. I can and will keep an eye out for availability at other properties, but given that it's over NYE I am skeptical that anything will open up

Last edited by Chemystery; Apr 11, 2023 at 9:07 pm Reason: Add info
Old Apr 11, 2023, 11:53 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Chemystery
.. Currently, my only choices are HC Ginza or GH Tokyo - all others are either not available or don't have the necessary room type…
I would book a cancellable stay at one of them now (it doesn’t matter which one). Then I would not be worried that both become unavailable while I’m deciding.
Chemystery likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 11:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
Appreciate if anyone have answer to this:
Based on the T&C - For the purposes of this promotion and bonus offer, consecutive nights at the same hotel constitute one stay (even if you check out and check back in).

I plan to stay 4 night in a property and want to take advantage of the recent promotion where I could get extra points for every two night starting from the second stay during the period. If I book the first night, third & fourth night under my name directly with Hyatt while the second night under my wife’s name through Expedia, would I still get that 3000 bonus point?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 11:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chatter
Appreciate if anyone have answer to this:
Based on the T&C - For the purposes of this promotion and bonus offer, consecutive nights at the same hotel constitute one stay (even if you check out and check back in).

I plan to stay 4 night in a property and want to take advantage of the recent promotion where I could get extra points for every two night starting from the second stay during the period. If I book the first night, third & fourth night under my name directly with Hyatt while the second night under my wife’s name through Expedia, would I still get that 3000 bonus point?
Okay here’s what I see -

(Example)

You check in 4/18 check out 4/19

Wife checks in 4/19 checks out 4/20

You check in 4/20 check out 4/22

(Obviously change the dates to match your itinerary).

If this is all accurate then yes the stay on 4/18 for one night would count and trigger the bonus to activate. The stay for your wife on 4/19 is under a separate name and therefore a separate folio. You would then check in again on 4/20 beginning your 3k for 2 nights promo.

Hope this answers you’re question.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 7:29 am
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Okay here’s what I see -

(Example)

You check in 4/18 check out 4/19

Wife checks in 4/19 checks out 4/20

You check in 4/20 check out 4/22

(Obviously change the dates to match your itinerary).

If this is all accurate then yes the stay on 4/18 for one night would count and trigger the bonus to activate. The stay for your wife on 4/19 is under a separate name and therefore a separate folio. You would then check in again on 4/20 beginning your 3k for 2 nights promo.

Hope this answers you’re question.
But what if I request the property to keep me all four nights in the same room and I assume they accommodate my request?
Old Apr 13, 2023, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Chatter
But what if I request the property to keep me all four nights in the same room and I assume they accommodate my request?
Same process same result.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 9:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Had a points booking at the seabird in Oceanside. Prices dropped since making the redemption worth about 2 cents per point.
Lately, a lot of speculative bookings I've checked are around 2cpp. Where are y'all seeing greater value in North America? I like to keep my redemptions as close to 3cpp if possible just due to the cost-benefit.

I have stays coming up in NY/BOS/Hartford, and Cancun/Cabo later this year. The Cape is an obvious solid deal, but we will be unlikely to return until our son is older.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 5:18 pm

I have maybe a stupid question, but what are the practical benefits between being Globalist vs booking through Prive. I am looking at doing a significant amount of spend to hit Globalist, but I'm not sure if in practice the difference will be worth it. I suppose you cannot do awards booking with Prive and there is no free parking, but is that it? Is there significantly higher chances of being upgraded to a suite with Globalist?
avogadro likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 8:19 pm

Prive room prices are usually the "Standard" rate. There are usually several daily rates lower for room types, especially for folks with corporate rates. Often I can't make the $100 credit make up for the rate difference. Maybe trying it and cancelling if no upgrade is provided at booking might be a good strategy.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by xooz
Prive room prices are usually the "Standard" rate. There are usually several daily rates lower for room types, especially for folks with corporate rates. Often I can't make the $100 credit make up for the rate difference. Maybe trying it and cancelling if no upgrade is provided at booking might be a good strategy.
It would work best if it’s only a 2 night stay, OR if it’s a Prive exclusive 4th night free offer. Those are the only times I book Prive.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:51 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by SBOFlyer
I have maybe a stupid question, but what are the practical benefits between being Globalist vs booking through Prive. I am looking at doing a significant amount of spend to hit Globalist, but I'm not sure if in practice the difference will be worth it. I suppose you cannot do awards booking with Prive and there is no free parking, but is that it? Is there significantly higher chances of being upgraded to a suite with Globalist?
I do not see any real benefit that I am interested in. Have never booked Privé. often there is a Cash credit for use while on property, you may get a confirmed suite when booking, too, but for that I have TSU.
there is a whole thread on Privé bookings you might find helpful, plus a wiki with the current offers

Hyatt Prive RE-launch - All Prive POSTS HERE PLEASE - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Apr 21, 2023, 8:23 am

completed stay vanished

Apologies in advance if this is already covered somewhere in this long thread.

Is it typical for a completed stay to just vanish from the account on both WOH app and website?

I completed a one-night stay and checked out yesterday, and checked into a 2nd Hyatt property. The 1st stay remained visible in the app all day yesterday but as of this morning it is gone, not showing up in Past Stays either. It also hasn't been charged to my cc yet, whereas the 2nd stay is already charged.

I understand it can take 72 hrs for points to be credited, but it seems odd for the whole booking to vanish. I did have some minor issues at check-in, so I guess it's possible they comped me the whole stay, but that's not what we had discussed.

Normally I'd keep quiet and take the free night, if that's how it ends up. But that was supposed to be my first stay for the current Bonus Journey promo, and not getting credit would throw off my plans quite a bit in that regard.

Hoping to hear this is fairly normal and to just wait a day or two!
Old Apr 21, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by theflyinggrayson
Apologies in advance if this is already covered somewhere in this long thread.

Is it typical for a completed stay to just vanish from the account on both WOH app and website?

I completed a one-night stay and checked out yesterday, and checked into a 2nd Hyatt property. The 1st stay remained visible in the app all day yesterday but as of this morning it is gone, not showing up in Past Stays either. It also hasn't been charged to my cc yet, whereas the 2nd stay is already charged.

I understand it can take 72 hrs for points to be credited, but it seems odd for the whole booking to vanish.

Hoping to hear this is fairly normal and to just wait a day or two!
Yep, this is normal. Always a bit disconcerting, completely agree, but it all shakes out within 72 hours. Wish hotels were more like airlines in that way that the credit(s) posted before you even got through the door on your way out!
theflyinggrayson likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 9:16 pm

When you go to a Cat 1 Off Peak and the couple in front of you booked the same 3 nights and paid on Expedia $480 and you’re just like if you put in a little effort could’ve got that for $150-$200 (or less with rebate).

Oh Well
Old Apr 24, 2023, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Bizarre question, could not find an answer to this anywhere. Does Hyatt have a rule how many Nights maximum can be credited during one stay? Eg, would a 45-night consecutive stay be credited as such, or are there any limitations what the max amount of nights or points per stay are?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.