Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: AS G75k, Hyatt Globalist
From experience the double night posting varies from 5 days to 8 days. My stay 8 days ago actually still hasn't posted yet so this week might be longer than usual.
As for 15% back on award stays it's much more consistent for me, almost always post on the 7th day mark.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 1:28 pm

My check out date from Hyatt Place is this Friday. We are getting a snowstorm Thursday night into Friday so I’d rather check out tomorrow (it’s about 25 minutes from my house) but I want credit for the last night as it will push me to Globalist status. If I check out for example at 12:30pm tomorrow would that count as if I left on Friday? Is there an option to check out in the App? I plan on asking the front desk tomorrow but figured I would run it by the experts here first so I know what to expect. Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: AS G75k, Hyatt Globalist
You can just checkout on the app on Friday (The button only shows up on the date you are scheduled to check out). You can even call them and tell them you forgot to checkout or something to those effect.
Travis123 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 1:45 pm

They did give me a couple of room keys I guess I could just leave those on the bureau. Thank you icejan for the info.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 2:22 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by icejan
You can just checkout on the app on Friday (The button only shows up on the date you are scheduled to check out). You can even call them and tell them you forgot to checkout or something to those effect.
Checking out using the app on Friday will be fine. No need to call ...
Travis123 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 11:00 pm

I couldn't find an answer in the terms and conditions. Would a Globalist 1 night stay before Feb 28th receive free parking for 2 cars of just the first?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 2:03 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Skink
I couldn't find an answer in the terms and conditions. Would a Globalist 1 night stay before Feb 28th receive free parking for 2 cars of just the first?
1 car
Skink likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 7:34 am

Hello -

Is there an easy way to attach my name and hyatt number (Globalist) to a reservation made for me and my wife under my wife's account (Explorist)?

We used her free night certificate, and we will both physically be there to check in. We would like the globalist benefits.

We put "2" for number of people on the res, but it never asked for my name or WoH number. So I emailed [email protected] and asked them to add me and my globalist benefits. My questions:

1.) will this work, and how long do they usually take? (res is for tomorrow)
2.) Is there an easier/better way to do this?

Thank you!
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dval44
Hello -

Is there an easy way to attach my name and hyatt number (Globalist) to a reservation made for me and my wife under my wife's account (Explorist)?

We used her free night certificate, and we will both physically be there to check in. We would like the globalist benefits.

We put "2" for number of people on the res, but it never asked for my name or WoH number. So I emailed [email protected] and asked them to add me and my globalist benefits. My questions:

Thank you!
1) Probably not
2) If you wanted to try then Twitter is usually much faster to respond (and generally more helpful and have more accurate information)
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Hello -

Thank you!
Originally Posted by coleslaw
1) Probably not
2) If you wanted to try then Twitter is usually much faster to respond (and generally more helpful and have more accurate information)
I've had my Glob# attached to a res in a different name and received benefits each time, but I don't know if that's standard.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I've had my Glob# attached to a res in a different name and received benefits each time, but I don't know if that's standard.
Thanks! But my main question is how you attached it to another res.

Is there any way to do it without calling/emailing/twittering? Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Thanks! But my main question is how you attached it to another res.

Is there any way to do it without calling/emailing/twittering? Thanks
Not that I'm aware of. IIRC, I called to have my number attached. The last time was a few years ago and I can't recall if it was WoH or GP days.
dval44 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 9:07 pm

Hello -

Thank you!
Just to confirm here:

- WoH emailed me back 36 hours later with a thoroughly unhelpful email (they asked for info that was in my original email)
- They did confirm what people are saying here that you must call to attach the second WoH number - can't be done online or in the app
Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:42 am

Status run

Checking in for a 7 night stay for a status run. I have no intention on actually staying there. Should i let the front desk know this? Any chance they check me out early for not using the room?

thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2021, 8:12 am

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
I had a reservation booked at the Andaz Wall Street coming up this summer. Apparently they will be going through a renovation and cancelled my reservation and rebooked me at Gild Hall. They used the same rate ($192) and same room type (Lowest level suite). I asked if they could move me to the Andaz 5th Ave instead and they said they didn't have access to those rooms. What are the rules for when they need to move you to another hotel? Should I expect the same rate and room type at a similar hotel or are they not obligated to give me anything at all and whatever I get would be a courtesy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.