Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by JBG89
Thanks! There seems to be an influx of $500 giftcard being sold. Anyone have an idea if this was a giveaway / contest recently run by hyatt?
I've been wondering the same thing. I didn't get good vibes from the sellers I contacted (ebay) when I asked a few questions, so I ended up just buying on amazon with my discover card (5% cb category this quarter + doubled at the end of 12mos). I figured I'd rather just save 10% than be out a couple hundred if the ones on ebay were bogus.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JBG89
Thanks! There seems to be an influx of $500 giftcard being sold. Anyone have an idea if this was a giveaway / contest recently run by hyatt?
Please be very very careful about buying Hyatt GCs especially from third parties. There are a couple of threads here that cover it but Hyatt has a huge issue in their gift card system that allows for theft. The GC numbers are easy to figure out and somehow people are getting their gift cards drained before even using them. Be very careful when you buy GCs. I suggest not buying any that you don't plan to use IMMEDIATELY. And also check your balance often.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
Does Park Hyatt Sydney offer club access where you can get appetizers and drinks in evening?

Never stayed at a Park Hyatt. I've looked through the Sydney review but there's 60+ pages. Hard to find the answer.

Thank you!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:00 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by igoncrazy
Does Park Hyatt Sydney offer club access where you can get appetizers and drinks in evening?

Never stayed at a Park Hyatt. I've looked through the Sydney review but there's 60+ pages. Hard to find the answer.

Thank you!
Park Hyatts typically do NOT have clubs/lounges. There are exceptions, like the PH Hamburg or PH Melbourne
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Search the Hyatt forum for mlife partnership. All of the hotels on the strip belong the mlife, not Hyatt but they have a partnership. First, you would need to match your Hyatt Platinum to the mlife equivalent. Then don't get any expectations up. Your Hyatt benefits will mean nothing at mlife. From what I've read, even those that match with Hyatt Diamond, get little to no benefits with mlife. While I have not done it, I'm only speaking from experience. I suggest you read that thread and ask specific questions there.
Ah, while it means a little more than nothing, it isn't that much more. Basically, a matched MLife Platinum will receive the following:

1. Better rates on MLife properties.
2. Access to VIP Lounges (but, not the Bellagio or Aria).
3. Special check in line at all MLife properties.
4. Cut every line (except for certain clubs), such as Shake Shack.
5. 30% bonus on gaming for Points (not to be confused with tier points) and express comps. These add up and have real value.
6. Ah, free parking, but who drives there, right?

Now, don't expect real VIP treatment, true comps (not having to use your express ones), or lavish suite upgrades (except on lesser properties such as Ex/Lux). You may get a higher floor or better view, maybe, if you're lucky. In other words, MLife will treat their gaming members with lesser status much better than a Platinum with zero gaming activity.

Cutting the buffet line is much less valuable now, since the MLife CC offers the same perk. Cutting the Shake Shake line during lunch is useful.

*tip* - if staying at the Monte Carlo, you can access the VIP lounge with free bottled water/coffee/drinks. And, with the price of water in this town, don't underestimate this benefit!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Morning Calm, Marriott Plat., Hyatt Globalist
Does Award Availability Open Up?

Planning a trip to Park Hyatt Tokyo 10/1~4 and wanting to spend two of the nights with the Chase free nights. However the website says unavailable awards for any of the dates.

If I check back every day (hour?) would award inventory tend to open up or should I find an alternative route. Thank you!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Try looking for one day at a time. And yes, availability in Japan tends to open up the closer you are to the date you are staying. And plenty of other options in Tokyo so you won't be stranded.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Morning Calm, Marriott Plat., Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RTW1
Try looking for one day at a time. And yes, availability in Japan tends to open up the closer you are to the date you are staying. And plenty of other options in Tokyo so you won't be stranded.
Lovely! Will try that. (and wish for my best) Thank you for the answer.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:14 am

Hi There,

Just returned from a 2 nights C+P for 2 x rooms so in total am I supposed to receive 4 eligible nights or just 2 eligible nights?

Informed by Gold Passport that regardless of number of rooms book it will be counted as 2 but couldn't find in T&Cs

Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:22 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by talfred
Hi There,

Just returned from a 2 nights C+P for 2 x rooms so in total am I supposed to receive 4 eligible nights or just 2 eligible nights?

Informed by Gold Passport that regardless of number of rooms book it will be counted as 2 but couldn't find in T&Cs

Thanks
that is correct, stay/night credit for 1 room only. The GP member actually needs "to sleep in the room", or at least be present at check-in.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:25 am

Thanks for clarifying! SPG definitely been more generous in offering nights/points for up to 3 rooms :P
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You get points for upto 3 rooms, just stay/night credit for one.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:56 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Posted this inew specific hotel thread, but figure as a general question I'll get more help here. Just had a relative book a flight to join us for an upcoming stay. After calling HGP, discovered it's $75 per night to add him (7 nights). Any harm in leaving him off and dealing with it at check-in. Hoping as multiple return Diamond guest (with plans for a 5th return for Wedding) they may just let it go. If not, oh well, but thinking better chances this route.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
It is very property dependent, so I would either post in the property specific thread or give us more details.

But it sounds like you may be in a non-US hotel or an all inclusive?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Mary2e
It is very property dependent, so I would either post in the property specific thread or give us more details.

But it sounds like you may be in a non-US hotel or an all inclusive?
GH Kauai. We booked his flight last night, then I made the call to HGP, and they advised me its $75 additional. Booked in Garden Suite via my govt rate and DSU. This year will be our fourth year (for a total of 25 nights) and we're meeting with wedding planner to discuss options for next year. May end up just doing reception there, not sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.