Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Hyatt GP website shows I can earn 500 United MP miles per stay by providing my MP number at check in...

Does that mean I earn MP miles instead of GP points, or can I earn both at the same time?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Wooglin
Hyatt GP website shows I can earn 500 United MP miles per stay by providing my MP number at check in...

Does that mean I earn MP miles instead of GP points, or can I earn both at the same time?
Instead. You are capped at 500 UA miles per stay.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Instead. You are capped at 500 UA miles per stay.
Thanks. Definitely not worth it then
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA
How do I use my 2 free night certificates to book on hyatt.com? Whenever I try to make an award reservation it says I don't have enough points and doesn't give me the option to use a certificate (I have 0 points).
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by wiivile
How do I use my 2 free night certificates to book on hyatt.com? Whenever I try to make an award reservation it says I don't have enough points and doesn't give me the option to use a certificate (I have 0 points).
You must be logged into your account (which I assume you are) and you can only book 1 night at a time online. To do 2 nights, you should call in and they can book them under one reservation.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:27 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Question Is earned Platinum > Pt via Chase Visa?

I have been a Chase Hyatt Visa cardmember for almost 3 years. I have just had my 5th Eligible Stay this year, which means I have now earned Pt by BIB. Are there any advantages over the automatic Pt from the Visa (other than the freedom to cancel the Visa & still be Pt next year?)
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
I have been a Chase Hyatt Visa cardmember for almost 3 years. I have just had my 5th Eligible Stay this year, which means I have now earned Pt by BIB. Are there any advantages over the automatic Pt from the Visa (other than the freedom to cancel the Visa & still be Pt next year?)
No further advantage as a Platinum member, but you'll obviously lose the annual free night, as well as the 3x points when you put your stays on the card.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:11 am

I am a Hyatt Diamond.

There is an opaque Priceline rate that I am sure is an Andaz Hyatt.

I am aware that I will not earn points. However per the T&C I will still be eligible for a Diamond room upgrade and breakfast benefit?

https://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer...conditions.jsp

Several blogs report Hyatt will honor Diamond benefits for an opaque rate, but I'm not sure if that's just a YMMV thing.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by awval999
I am a Hyatt Diamond.

There is an opaque Priceline rate that I am sure is an Andaz Hyatt.

I am aware that I will not earn points. However per the T&C I will still be eligible for a Diamond room upgrade and breakfast benefit?

https://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer...conditions.jsp

Several blogs report Hyatt will honor Diamond benefits for an opaque rate, but I'm not sure if that's just a YMMV thing.
And I see that it's in the sticky.

APPLICATION OF STATUS PERKS

What stays are status perks applicable?

Status perks are applicable to all stays – paid (all rates), award stays (points, promotional awards) and even Hotwire/Priceline – make sure your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number is attached to the reservation by calling Customer Service if the stay was not booked directly with Hyatt. The exception is the annual 4 confirmed diamond suite upgrades that are only applicable on “eligible” rate revenue stays.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:50 am

Hi all,

Quick qns.

What is the quickest and most cost effective ways to earn hyatt points to keep them from expiring?

If not, whats the best way to burn approx 2400 pts ( i know they are probably too little to do anything with!)

TIA.

Cheers

Last edited by waver99; Aug 2, 2016 at 2:58 am
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Stay at a Hyatt property... but 2400 points is not worth the effort.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by waver99
Hi all,

Quick qns.

What is the quickest and most cost effective ways to earn hyatt points to keep them from expiring?

If not, whats the best way to burn approx 2400 pts ( i know they are probably too little to do anything with!)

TIA.

Cheers
The most cost effective would be to have a Chase Ink, Sapphire, or Hyatt credit card. Earn points for normal spending and either manually transfer to Hyatt as you need (Chase and Sapphire) or with Hyatt, it's automatic. Fees on all cards are low and maybe be waived for the first year. I don't remember.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The quickest way is to buy the minimum amount of points.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
The most cost effective would be to have a Chase Ink, Sapphire, or Hyatt credit card. Earn points for normal spending and either manually transfer to Hyatt as you need (Chase and Sapphire) or with Hyatt, it's automatic. Fees on all cards are low and maybe be waived for the first year. I don't remember.
Thanks guys, guess this is worthless, whats the best use of these pts? Donation or something?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You could transfer them to another person, but that would involve filling out a form and sending it to Hyatt Customer service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.