Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2022, 12:10 pm

I'm planning to book a points stay (with insufficient points) for a year from now with a suite upgrade.

I'm not sure how long I'll want to stay. I'm thinking about booking a 7 night stay and then shortening it closer to the travel date.

Is it generally possible to shorten a points stay (with a suite upgrade)?
Old May 4, 2022, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by avogadro
I'm planning to book a points stay (with insufficient points) for a year from now with a suite upgrade.

I'm not sure how long I'll want to stay. I'm thinking about booking a 7 night stay and then shortening it closer to the travel date.

Is it generally possible to shorten a points stay (with a suite upgrade)?
Yes, it is possible as long as there is availability. My concierge also managed to shorten one when there was no availability.
Old May 5, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
I had a stay a couple of weeks ago at the Centric Loop Chicago, and they offered 500 points/day in lieu of breakfast benefit, and said they'd post during the stay, but they didn't. Toward the end of the stay I queried it, and they checked and said it hadn't been put in, but they'd do so now, and add some extra points to compensate for the trouble.

Perhaps inevitably two weeks later I still don't have any points. What's the best way to follow up on this - phoning the hotel, phoning Hyatt, or maybe twitter?
Old May 5, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tsg20
I had a stay a couple of weeks ago at the Centric Loop Chicago, and they offered 500 points/day in lieu of breakfast benefit, and said they'd post during the stay, but they didn't. Toward the end of the stay I queried it, and they checked and said it hadn't been put in, but they'd do so now, and add some extra points to compensate for the trouble.

Perhaps inevitably two weeks later I still don't have any points. What's the best way to follow up on this - phoning the hotel, phoning Hyatt, or maybe twitter?
Id start by emailing the hotel/general manager. Discussing it on the phone isn’t going to be helpful when you need a record of the discussion/outcome.

Hyatt Twitter can give you the hotel email details if you don’t already have them.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Til end of Feb 2024
Thanks, hopefully the clubs reopen within 16 months of earning them.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tsg20

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Id start by emailing the hotel/general manager. Discussing it on the phone isn’t going to be helpful when you need a record of the discussion/outcome.

Hyatt Twitter can give you the hotel email details if you don’t already have them.
Hyatt Twitter can contact the hotel to verify no breakfast is being offered and add the points easily.
Old May 9, 2022, 11:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Is it just me or is it really difficult to redeem hyatt points in europe? Every property I look at won't accept award points on my dates but they sure as heck will take cash.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Red259
Is it just me or is it really difficult to redeem hyatt points in europe? Every property I look at won't accept award points on my dates but they sure as heck will take cash.
No more difficult than anywhere else. It’s usually easier to redeem in Europe vs many of the US properties playing games with minimum stays, etc.
Old May 10, 2022, 8:54 am

Europe might be easier to get if you are lucky to find a Hyatt "named" hotel, but the percentage of SLH or other hotels is much higher there, and rooms for points at those hotels are pretty scarce in my experience.
Old May 19, 2022, 12:16 pm

If I have a FNC as a Discoverist but want to book a room for my spouse who is Globalist, will we receive Globalist benefits?
Old May 19, 2022, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by faroooq
If I have a FNC as a Discoverist but want to book a room for my spouse who is Globalist, will we receive Globalist benefits?
If you can book it in your spouse's name then you should receive Glob benefits. I have booked under someone else's name using points but never a FNC, but there are reports that you can do so. Just reach out to CS.
Old May 19, 2022, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by faroooq
Gift the FNC to your spouse and make the reservation from the spouse’s account (you need to call Hyatt to gift the FNC & book the reservation)
Old May 21, 2022, 12:18 pm

Is there a way to remove already-redeemed free nights from showing in the app? Would like to reduce the extra clutter.

Last edited by iluvdoco; May 21, 2022 at 12:47 pm
Old May 21, 2022, 2:11 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Is there a way to remove already-redeemed free nights from showing in the app? Would like to reduce the extra clutter.
Not that I know of. I believe they only are removed, once the official expiry date is reached.
would be good if they would disappear once redeemed.
projectmaximus and iluvdoco like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 6:28 pm

~ deleted ~

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; May 21, 2022 at 7:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.