Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
I just wanted to be sure the deposit wouldn't be kept even if I canceled outside of the 72 hour window.
It will not, it may take a few days to get back though.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Matt4200
The policy is 72 hours how is that hard to decipher?
It would be a lot easier to decipher if it said "A cancellation more than 72 hours before check-in time has no fee or penalty." Just because one can fit a reasonable interpretation on obfuscated phrasing does not mean that it is the only or the intended interpretation.

I'm with NJTeacher in wondering what Hyatt is trying to say. "Clear only if known" is not good communication.

By the way, Matt4200, I appreciate your frequent contributions and do not mean to criticize or alienate you. Since I have little hope that Hyatt will improve its wording, it's nice to have someone knowledgeable translate the Hyatt phrasing that I consider to be poorly stated.
NJTeacher likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:54 am

^Yeah, it's very obvious to me what it means, but that's only because I know what it's supposed to be. It was also very obvious to me that NJTeacher was misinterpreting the 72 hours to mean within time of booking (kinda like airbnb's 48 hours free cancellation or US airlines' 24 hours free cancellation) so I was gonna clarify but you beat me to it. Hyatt's 72 Hr Prior means fee-free cancellation if you cancel anytime up until 72 hours prior to checkin. In this particular case, after that point in time it will be a one-night fee.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Any data points for getting points in exchange for an expiring free Cat 1-7 cert? I saw multiple posts saying 10k points for Cat 1-4 but nothing for a 7; and that post was closed to comments. I have a cert expiring at the end of April that I won't be able to use. Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by puddy
Any data points for getting points in exchange for an expiring free Cat 1-7 cert? I saw multiple posts saying 10k points for Cat 1-4 but nothing for a 7; and that post was closed to comments. I have a cert expiring at the end of April that I won't be able to use. Thanks for your help!
It used to be 20k for a Cat 7 but doesn’t look like they’re sound that anymore even for Cat 1-4’s
puddy likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Outside of a potential room upgrade, is there any other tangible benefit to being a Globalist at an all inclusive?

I ask because you probably are unlikely to drive there (given you'll want to spend most of your time on property) and the resorts are exempt from late check out requirements.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Outside of a potential room upgrade, is there any other tangible benefit to being a Globalist at an all inclusive?

I ask because you probably are unlikely to drive there (given you'll want to spend most of your time on property) and the resorts are exempt from late check out requirements.
1) Resort fee waiver on paid stays

2) Lounge Access I know the Ziva/Zilara Cancun offer this to Globalists

3) 30% points bonus

4) Better dining options - have seen notes of this for Globs reading threads here for AI properties in Cancun YMMV

5) Welcome Amenity YMMV (typically something left in room ahead of stay)

6) Although resorts are exempt from late check out most offer it if it’s available (not sold out) in my experience

7) Potential Suite Upgrade
ChurnieEls likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Another one: any recent datapoints on converting an FNC to points? Had to cancel a planned stay and don't think I have enough runway to use it now pre expiry. The chat folks said to let it expire and then contact them. Seems a bit of lottery, if I'm going to be told its no good I'd rather just knock off a brand in my city for the brand explorer.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:01 pm

Any thoughts on when the next purchase points bonus is likely to arrive? It seems like there is only ever 2-3 weeks between promotions and it has been almost a month since the last one ended (March 7).
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
So I just received a Cat 1-4 free night award for achieving 30 nights with WOH. It has a 6 month expiry date. Is this normal? Other Cat 1-4 awards I've received had 1 year, I believe.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
So I just received a Cat 1-4 free night award for achieving 30 nights with WOH. It has a 6 month expiry date. Is this normal? Other Cat 1-4 awards I've received had 1 year, I believe.
Yes, cat 1-7 is 6 months too
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 2:30 pm

If I booked a room with the combo points/cash, do I still receive free parking as a Globalist? Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2022, 2:55 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
If I booked a room with the combo points/cash, do I still receive free parking as a Globalist? Thanks!
No, according to the T&Cs. Free parking is a Glob benefit when using a Free Night Award. A Points + Cash Award is different from a Free Night Award.
lsquare, _kurt and NJTeacher like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by skj
No, according to the T&Cs. Free parking is a Glob benefit when using a Free Night Award. A Points + Cash Award is different from a Free Night Award.
As a side note I have seen some properties (as a gesture) waive parking anyways, but it’s rare and not a guaranteed benefit.

Also, it’s really rare I’d say to find a points + cash rate that even makes financial sense. It’s pretty much always either all points or all cash that’s the best option. If you have an example of one where Points + Cash makes better sense I’d love to hear it.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Matt4200
[...]
Also, it’s really rare I’d say to find a points + cash rate that even makes financial sense. [...]
Thanks for that confirmation. I had just about reached that conclusion.

But then I needed to change my opinion to "points + cash rarely makes sense for standard rooms." I found a couple of properties that had a rate called something like LP Suite upgrade. I don't recall the dates or properties (in the end, I didn't stay at the properties), but the "suite upgrade" P+C (valuing a point at 1.8¢) did seem to make financial sense, if one wanted the suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.