Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
I have a paid stay coming up at an SLH property. Will it earn 4 points/$ on my Chase Hyatt credit card? Or am I better off using something like the Chase Sapphire Reserve? I know that SLH is more of a marketing partnership, so unclear whether it counts as Hyatt spending for credit card purposes.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:34 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by seacarl
I have a paid stay coming up at an SLH property. Will it earn 4 points/$ on my Chase Hyatt credit card? Or am I better off using something like the Chase Sapphire Reserve? I know that SLH is more of a marketing partnership, so unclear whether it counts as Hyatt spending for credit card purposes.
You earn 4 points/$ if it is a "Participating SLH property". From the WoH card's T&Cs ...

"Participating SLH properties" means any hotel or resort that is affiliated with SLH and participates in the World of Hyatt Program. For more information about participating SLH properties, please visit worldofhyatt.com/slh.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by skj
You earn 4 points/$ if it is a "Participating SLH property". From the WoH card's T&Cs ...

"Participating SLH properties" means any hotel or resort that is affiliated with SLH and participates in the World of Hyatt Program. For more information about participating SLH properties, please visit worldofhyatt.com/slh.
Thank you! Since I booked on hyatt.com I'm expecting that it's participating. I think I may have foregone a potential discount by not booking on SLH but I want stay credits
Old May 30, 2022, 2:18 pm

Will Hyatt send me a physical card WoH if I ask? Or have they stopped making them?
Old May 30, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Will Hyatt send me a physical card WoH if I ask? Or have they stopped making them?
They’ve not made them since it was Hyatt Gold Passport.

You can add your WOH to Apple Wallet I believe, alternatively the WOH CC would be a physical card showing Hyatt affiliation.
IAD_flyer likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:07 am

I am Bonvoy Titanium Elite and should be qualifying for Lifetime Plat this year (not doing any Marriott stays, at least none planned yet since the carryover status from last year is - according to Bonvoy csr - sufficient to count as my 10th year of plat+). However I'm pretty sick of getting bonvoyed and their ridiculous "resort fees" that are no longer waived on award stays among other annoyances, so I'm shifting to WOH. Have spent my way to Globalist so my understanding is I'm covered until Feb 2024, but I'm trying to figure out what nights count toward status for beyond 2/24... When does the clock start on that? 2/2023, or do nights stayed in 2022 also add up... so just need 60 between now and 2/24?

It may make a difference on if/how much I stay at any marriott properties this year as I do have some SNAs to burn (yes I know they are almost worthless these days).

Thanks!
Old May 31, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by pesos
I am Bonvoy Titanium Elite and should be qualifying for Lifetime Plat this year (not doing any Marriott stays, at least none planned yet since the carryover status from last year is - according to Bonvoy csr - sufficient to count as my 10th year of plat+). However I'm pretty sick of getting bonvoyed and their ridiculous "resort fees" that are no longer waived on award stays among other annoyances, so I'm shifting to WOH. Have spent my way to Globalist so my understanding is I'm covered until Feb 2024, but I'm trying to figure out what nights count toward status for beyond 2/24... When does the clock start on that? 2/2023, or do nights stayed in 2022 also add up... so just need 60 between now and 2/24?

It may make a difference on if/how much I stay at any marriott properties this year as I do have some SNAs to burn (yes I know they are almost worthless these days).

Thanks!
The clock will reset on 1/1/2023. You need 60 from then to requalify beyond 2/24.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
The clock will reset on 1/1/2023. You need 60 from then to requalify beyond 2/24.
Not to confuse pesos further, but want to add that if they have a stay beginning in 2022 but checking out on 1/1/2023 or later, it will all count towards the 2023 tally for requal.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:53 am

What is the easiest way to claim missing stays in the WoH program? Also how best to claim when non USD rates lead to short changing points awarded?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by puchong
What is the easiest way to claim missing stays in the WoH program? Also how best to claim when non USD rates lead to short changing points awarded?
Twitter.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:01 pm

Just want to confirm that there is no added benefit to SLH Booking via Hyatt other than the possible upgrade, losing the base points on room rate (which I wouldn't have gotten since I was using points), elite tier status, and breakfast (rate elsewhere includes it)? Hyatt price is 3x the lower price (for the same room!) I was able to find on a third party website! Doesn't make sense for me to spend 100K Hyatt points for a room I can get for $880 total, right?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by travelbugging
Just want to confirm that there is no added benefit to SLH Booking via Hyatt other than the possible upgrade, losing the base points on room rate (which I wouldn't have gotten since I was using points), elite tier status, and breakfast (rate elsewhere includes it)? Hyatt price is 3x the lower price (for the same room!) I was able to find on a third party website! Doesn't make sense for me to spend 100K Hyatt points for a room I can get for $880 total, right?
I don’t even believe you get breakfast or a complimentary upgrade (some properties may but it’s not required AFAIK). The only benefit is the elite night earning if you need them and you’d qualify for a promo if one is running at the time such as a 20% points rebate.

But if it’s $880 with taxes I’d go with that over 100k points which I’d conservatively value at $1,500
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
They’ve not made them since it was Hyatt Gold Passport.

You can add your WOH to Apple Wallet I believe, alternatively the WOH CC would be a physical card showing Hyatt affiliation.
I used to enjoy my platinum card arriving every late January.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:37 am

I don’t even believe you get breakfast or a complimentary upgrade (some properties may but it’s not required AFAIK). The only benefit is the elite night earning if you need them and you’d qualify for a promo if one is running at the time such as a 20% points rebate.

But if it’s $880 with taxes I’d go with that over 100k points which I’d conservatively value at $1,500
Thanks Matt4200, appreciate the insight! I hate to pay for hotels out of pocket but in this scenario it is justified.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I don’t even believe you get breakfast or a complimentary upgrade (some properties may but it’s not required AFAIK).
Not true - https://slh.com/hyatt

World of Hyatt members receive on-property benefits including complimentary continental breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, early check-in (based on availability at check-in), late check out (based on availability at check-in), and a one category room upgrade (based on availability at check-in).
beltway and projectmaximus like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.