FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)
Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:00 pm
projectmaximus

Originally Posted by lkar
First year having suite upgrade certificates. Booked a hotel using points and then called to apply a certificate. The representative confirmed availability and then put my on hold while she called the hotel to block out the suite. Came back and said all set and that I would receive a confirming email within 2 hours. It has been a couple of days and no email. Upgrade cert is still in account.

How does all this work? Is there supposed to be a confirmation of some sort? Just don't want to show up and have them say they don't know what I'm talking about.
I believe (90% sure) that when booking with points the suite upgrade will not show in your reservation but it will be blocked on the hotel's system. The email normally would come through, but it wouldn't reflect the suite upgrade. What I would do in your case is to email the hotel and ask them...you will at least be able to get a confirmation in writing that they have your suite blocked even if they can't send you a reservation email showing this.