Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Possibly

I cancelled a reservation just as the site came up on 12/19 but I just noticed I've been billed for the stay. Unfortunately, I did not check my email on 12/19 and would have noticed I did not rec a cancellation confirmation. I wondered if the hotel ever rec the cancellation. Will be contacting Diamond desk tomorrow.

anyone else had similar experience?
I have a double-bill in Anaheim. That is one possible explanation. The trip was cancelled, then back on and re-made last second. I e-mailed the manager several days ago but really didn't expect a response over Christmas. But by New Year's will be doing a charge back.

On the other hand I see they just gave me the points and stay credit for a really expensive stay in New Jersey. Haven't been to the hotel in years. The real guest spends much more freely than me, so I suppose the real guest will be looking for their points soon.

Last edited by jayer; Dec 27, 2015 at 10:20 pm
Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

the reservation system wasn't (or shouldn't be) affected....
Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
What makes you say that? It's clearly been affected for the use of DSU's, which ties into the reservation system....
Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The generic reservation system wasn't affected.... there just was no access to the GP features like points and awards. Shouldn't have affected cancellations at all....
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Stays now posted

By the way, all my stays through 12/25 have posted now. So it seems that they are actually ahead of schedule with regards to posting stays. At least for me! ^
Old Dec 28, 2015, 6:27 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
The generic reservation system wasn't affected.... there just was no access to the GP features like points and awards. Shouldn't have affected cancellations at all....
Have to disagree, I get a stack without being logged in, when searchin for availibility:
type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
com.hyatt.util.ContextPathPipelineUtil.service(Con textPathPipelineUtil.java:361)
atg.servlet.pipeline.PipelineableServletImpl.passR equest(PipelineableServletImpl.java:116)
com.hyatt.NoCacheServlet.service(NoCacheServlet.ja va:33)
atg.servlet.pipeline.PipelineableServletImpl.passR equest(PipelineableServletImpl.java:116)
com.hyatt.util.CSRFTokenUtil.service(CSRFTokenUtil .java:273)
com.hyatt.reporting.ReportingCookieServlet.service (ReportingCookieServlet.java:110)
com.hyatt.tracking.TrackingCookieServlet.service(T rackingCookieServlet.java:158)
atg.servlet.sessionsaver.SessionSaverServlet.servi ce(SessionSaverServlet.java:2442)
atg.userprofiling.AccessControlServlet.service(Acc essControlServlet.java:602)
atg.userprofiling.PageEventTriggerPipelineServlet. service(PageEventTriggerPipelineServlet.java:169)
atg.userprofiling.SessionEventTrigger.service(Sess ionEventTrigger.java:461)
com.hyatt.util.ThreadNameServlet.service(ThreadNam eServlet.java:39)
atg.userprofiling.ProfileRequestServlet.service(Pr ofileRequestServlet.java:480)
atg.servlet.pipeline.PipelineableServletImpl.servi ce(PipelineableServletImpl.java:279)
com.hyatt.util.Log4jExtensionsServlet.service(Log4 jExtensionsServlet.java:91)
Old Dec 28, 2015, 6:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Well, it was. I had two stays last week that had problems.

The first was a one-night reservation that I made in October and modified to a prepaid rate on December 6. When I arrived, the hotel had no record of the reservation, and I had to show a confirmation email to get the agent to check with central reservations. It was in the central system. However, when I checked out, the only charge on my folio was a $10 parking charge, showing that I would receive 50 points and no stay credit. When I pointed this out, I was told that I would receive credit for the stay, but I did not.

The second was a two-night reservation I made in early December, filed a successful BRG claim on, and applied a DSU to on December 10. I had no issues at check-in, but when I checked out, the bill showed a $340/night rate (the rate for the suite I was upgraded to). The hotel's system showed that I had booked the suite, not upgraded to it. I had to show the email I got for the BRG claim. The rate was changed, but the stay does not show on my account.

These might just be two isolated issues not related to the system maintenance. However, in over 20 years as a HGP member (and the past 5 as a diamond), I had never had either of these issues occur. Having both of them occur last week suggests that the reservation system--or, at least, communication between the central systems and hotels--was affected.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jalen500
So the only part that is down is points reservations.. No issues with revenues reservations. So confused by some of these posts.
I know I'm 5 pages too late, but at the time I could not log in for the purposes of booking a regular paid reservation. It wanted me to enter my information as if I was a new guest that had never stayed at a Hyatt before.

That's a non-starter. Marriott got the stay. *shrug*

I'm glad I don't have any pressing GP needs, as here we are a week later and it sounds like the site is still a disaster. I did log in to validate my balance and a couple of stays booked for February...thankfully, they appear fine.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
My activity from last weekend has finally posted and I am hopeful the activity from this weekend posts in a more normal time frame. That said, I hope things get more functional by the time I start booking trips in a few weeks (will enjoy the quiet time not having to deal with this).

I do have to comment that while it was easy again making Hilton Diamond, it did require a few extra stays at the end of this year for me to maintain Hyatt Diamond and to be frank between the way they have handled this maintenance and the system, it has made me wonder a bit why I was bothering.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:52 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I had a stay on Christmas Eve that has now posted. Of course, without 2,500 points for the regency club being closed.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:25 am

GP not updating for Front desk ?

I checked in to a Hyatt House recently and asked about an upgrade to a 1br suite.

The FD clerk said that as a platinum I wasn't able to get an upgrade. when I said I was diamond he said that isn't what his system showed.

I had to pull out my phone and show the hyatt website to confirm that " my system" showed I was a diamond.

Eventually the upgrade was given but I'm wondering if this is part of the upgrade impact.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by travelinjoe
I checked in to a Hyatt House recently and asked about an upgrade to a 1br suite.

The FD clerk said that as a platinum I wasn't able to get an upgrade. when I said I was diamond he said that isn't what his system showed.

I had to pull out my phone and show the hyatt website to confirm that " my system" showed I was a diamond.

Eventually the upgrade was given but I'm wondering if this is part of the upgrade impact.
Why would you expect to be upgraded to a suite as a Diamond? It's not a listed benefit... or were you going to pay the difference?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Well, if an FD clerk said "You're only Platinum, so no upgrade for you", it would imply that he's willing to do it for a Diamond.

Therefore, if the clerk said that and I was actually a Diamond, I'd also pull out my phone and try to show him.

It would be different if he said "we're sold out...no 1BR available" or "we never upgrade anyone here, you wanna pay for that suite?" The reference to the status suggests that correcting the mistake yields the upgrade.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Not sure what is meant by "generic". Do you have intimate knowledge of the GP system and Hyatt's reservation system to state one does not affect the other? Just from the very basic fact that the GP website can make/cancel reservations would imply they are linked.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All are back to normal for my account and reservations.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.