Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:00 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Dear Flyer Talkers,

We know how important it is to have up-to-date Hyatt Gold Passport account information. So, we wanted to let our members know that from December 15 to December 18, 2015 Hyatt Gold Passport will be undergoing system maintenance and account information will not be accessible during this time.

What members are able to do:
• Earn points and stay/night credit toward tier status for all eligible stays
• Earn points for eligible dining and spa services
• Book paid reservations

What members are unable to do:
• Cannot access your account information, including point balance and promotional awards, either online or by calling a Global Contact Center
• Cannot redeem new promotional awards or points for free nights, room upgrades, or miles
• Cannot purchase or combine points

Any account activity accrued after December 12, 2015 will not be reflected on member’s account until the week of December 28, 2015. Members can be assured that any points earned during this time will be credited to their account. We appreciate your patience during this time.

We don't want you to miss out, so if you're planning an upcoming trip using your points or awards, start exploring and book before December 15, 2015. Otherwise, you’ll have full access to your account beginning December 19, 2015.

Thank you for your patience during this time, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Hyatt Gold Passport
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Thanks for the heads up.

Im sure we're all hopeful that IT will be fixing the downtime woes of hyatt.com and the hyatt app during the shutdown of service as well.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
What members are unable to do:
• Cannot access your account information, including point balance and promotional awards, either online or by calling a Global Contact Center
• Cannot redeem new promotional awards or points for free nights, room upgrades, or miles
• Cannot purchase or combine points
Rather unprofessional to have a planned system outage for 3 whole days.....
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
as opposed to their typical 3 day unannounced system outages?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
4 whole days...but who is counting.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I have three one-night stays booked 12/11, 12/12, and 12/13 leaving 12/14. Will there be significant delays in these stays posting?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I have three one-night stays booked 12/11, 12/12, and 12/13 leaving 12/14. Will there be significant delays in these stays posting?
Yes, but it'll have nothing to do with this system outage.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
LOL - and NM, answered my own question:

Any account activity accrued after December 12, 2015 will not be reflected on your account until the week of December 28, 2015. You can be assured that any points earned during this time will be credited to your account.
Good thing I already requalified for Diamond this year.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
In other words, Hyatt devaluation incoming for 12/14!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:31 am

bad website so is the hyatt mobile app. never works
Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
While I appreciate the heads up, I agree with a previous poster that a 4 day outage is very unprofessional,not to mention hugely inconvenient.

Postponing the posting of point until 12/28 is also ridiculous. I am taking no chances on this and will be cancelling my week long stay next week and booking elsewhere.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by freeflyin
Postponing the posting of point until 12/28 is also ridiculous. I am taking no chances on this and will be cancelling my week long stay next week and booking elsewhere.
Im certainly not pro Hyatt IT - but thats just ridiculous. Hyatt's certainly good on here and twitter with fixing up issues should they occur.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Im certainly not pro Hyatt IT - but thats just ridiculous. Hyatt's certainly good on here and twitter with fixing up issues should they occur.
Perhaps,but this news, on top of the whole Diamond match fiasco and the recent website outage has me pretty sour on Hyatt right now.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Try over SIXTEEN DAYS when things won't be working right:

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Any account activity accrued after December 12, 2015 will not be reflected on member’s account until the week of December 28, 2015. Members can be assured that any points earned during this time will be credited to their account. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by freeflyin
While I appreciate the heads up, I agree with a previous poster that a 4 day outage is very unprofessional,not to mention hugely inconvenient.

I'm confused at why a late posting date would affect your mind to stay somewhere. I understand being upset over recent changes but your points posting later won't change anything unless you need your points ASAP. Even if the nights/stay post later and you needed those to requalify, do you really think HGP would give you any issues and making sure you got your status extended?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.