Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Seems like there is something going on already.... all my reservations are gone :-(.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by RTW1
Seems like there is something going on already.... all my reservations are gone :-(.

Mine are still visible,but they are award stays-I don't know if that would make a difference
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Then it's probably a generic Hyatt IT glitch.....
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Mine were gone too. Back now.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Can they even do unscheduled maintenance during scheduled maintenance?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My reservations looked funny when I viewed them a few days ago (IIRC on Friday the 12th) and tried to print them at that time (showed what I think was the rack rate rather than points and cash, with no indication of DSUs being confirmed), but it's now the morning of the 15th throughout the USA and I can log into my account and see reservations, points, etc. as usual.

Yesterday I had trouble making a reservation for a while (I got a message that the confirmation ccouldn't be seen on the website and an error) but an hour or so later it seemed to go through as expected, including a confirmation email. The reservation (and no extra ones) appears in my list also, so I think it's OK but I plan to check on everything after the maintenance is finished.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
One night stay on Dec. 11 posted on Dec. 13th as usual. Stays on Dec. 12th and Dec. 13th still in limbo.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

GP system is still up as of 1PM EST on 15th.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's not April 1st, is it?

I wonder how many people rushed to make Hyatt bookings before the announced outage of the HGP part of hyatt.com?

ADDED: It's still alive, although entering my password in the usual place did nothing when I tried to log in. The new password place is over on the left side of the page, a bit above the middle, and says that I'm a Diamond.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Dec 15, 2015 at 12:38 pm
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The Hyatt Gold Passport system is undergoing maintenance at this time.

So they have started.....
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:25 pm

Ugh, bad luck. Just booked flights to BA and wanted to use my free nights in the park hyatt there and now I have to wait until Saturday. Hopefully there is availability still when it comes back.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by corpgator
Ugh, bad luck. Just booked flights to BA and wanted to use my free nights in the park hyatt there and now I have to wait until Saturday. Hopefully there is availability still when it comes back.
If you try to log in, you get the small red text saying that they're down for maintenance now. However, if you click on "details", a page comes up saying that you can phone some number of Hyatt Worldwide Reservations to book award stays.

Have you tried that?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They might book awards even if they don't have access to your account info... but I doubt it.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:48 pm

They might book awards even if they don't have access to your account info... but I doubt it.
Strange, but that's what's posted.

Some other hotel programs let you book award stays when you don't yet have the points. In this case, Hyatt could purge award bookings not supported by points in a few days, so that not much inventory would be taken out of the system for very long by award reservations not supported by points.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Strange, but that's what's posted.

Some other hotel programs let you book award stays when you don't yet have the points. In this case, Hyatt could purge award bookings not supported by points in a few days, so that not much inventory would be taken out of the system for very long by award reservations not supported by points.
Unless, of course, if your award stay is before the system coming back up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.