Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport System Maintenance (Dec 15-18, 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Interestingly, I just received my Hyatt account summary email with my totals as they were on December 7. That came as a relief, since it documents my proper levels of mileage, stays and nights. Hopefully others will also get their emails like this son, so we will all have documentation of the proper amounts...
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
My account also shows Feb 2016 expiration. Guess I'll just have to hold on to the email from HGP (from the match) which clearly states Feb 2017.

My reservations also continue to show Platinum though when I called yesterday to sort out a DSU that hadn't reverted back to the original rate they said it showed Diamond on their side.

Overall seems like they completely bungled this - hopefully a nice promo in Q1 will be put in place to smooth things over.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
On a rare positive note, the points that I purchased yesterday showed up in my account immediately.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:45 pm

Spoke with an agent to apply a DSU and was able to. The agent confirmed my status was through 2/17 even though the site is saying 2/16.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Has anyone else been getting the "An unexpected error has occurred while attempting to process your request. Please try again later." message every time they try to log in?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by steveholt
Has anyone else been getting the "An unexpected error has occurred while attempting to process your request. Please try again later." message every time they try to log in?
Yes I've been unable to login for a week.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by steveholt
Since the Diamond Line says not to call until Tuesday, I expect that things will be in a state of flux until then.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:02 am

Programs: qantas platinum (OWE), hyatt platinum, hertz gold
Good outcome

My story is similar to a few people here. Before the system was offline I had 24 stays with the final one for the year coming up today. Since the system is back up I have 23 stays showing.

Sent a private message to Gold Passport Concierge (got a reply with 15 minutes) who informed me she could in fact see 24 and after today's stay that would indeed be 25.

Of course the whole thing is a fiasco, but her prompt customer service put my mind at rest.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:18 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
My expiry date for Diamond membership was fixed overnight.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dragonman
Of course the whole thing is a fiasco, but her prompt customer service put my mind at rest.
The biggest fiasco in my opinion is (again) the lack in communication skills..... the announcement before the update was decent, the silence now the system is back up and is showing incorrect information isn't.
And to learn by experiences that the new system will prevent DSU's to be used after their "expiry" date is another insult.

Last edited by RTW1; Dec 22, 2015 at 1:33 am
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I understand that the stays during the official "HGP blackout" were going to take an extra week to post based on the statement given prior to the maintenance, but they indicated things would work as usual for activity after it and I have not received credit for two stays I did after the system came back up, in addition to the stay I made during the blackout. Its December 22nd, this is ridiculous.

Follow-up, after posting I went to double check something on my account and now I can't log in, even though I could 10 min ago.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by Markie
My expiry date for Diamond membership was fixed overnight.
Mine was too when I logged in this morning, but now the entire system appears to be down again. This is shades of Southwest's epic IT meltdown.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Not able to login this morning
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
...but now the entire system appears to be down again. This is shades of Southwest's epic IT meltdown.
Seriously, Hyatt could have hired an 8th grader and I guarantee the results would have been better than this! Epic fail...!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:13 am

Can´t login again .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.