Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Closed Thread

Old Nov 15, 13, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt globalist, Hilton diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
Depends how you define 'hit'. Generally it is a 'hard pull' on your credit score. Once the account is established it will then display the credit extended to you and over a the coming months/years the payment history and how much of your total extended credit you utilize.

If you are comfortable answering it, how 'old' is your credit history and what amount did they approve you for? Instant approval is a good sign at least.
Only 1 other current credit card opened for the past 4 years with a $1,400 limit. I was Approved for $12,000 credit limit on this card. And I have a home mortgage opened 6 months ago. No USA credit history before that (I moved from Canada to the USA)

Given my relatively short credit history I am concerned it will have a big impact as I may apply for an auto loan in the coming months.
Old Nov 15, 13, 11:42 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Kindel View Post
Given my relatively short credit history I am concerned it will have a big impact as I may apply for an auto loan in the coming months.
Do one of the annual credit report that's free through the government; you can pay a couple bucks extra and get your credit score. You could also do something like credit karma (although their score is more suspect).
Old Nov 15, 13, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kindel View Post
Only 1 other current credit card opened for the past 4 years with a $1,400 limit. I was Approved for $12,000 credit limit on this card. And I have a home mortgage opened 6 months ago. No USA credit history before that (I moved from Canada to the USA)

Honestly I think that is not a 'young' credit history but a rather extensive one. 4 years with good payment history even on a 1,4k Card is good and home loan is positive as well.

I had 12 months internship in the US and got a 500$ student card from Chase first, another one with 400$ from BOA. Then after 5 months applied online with Citi for AAdvantage and got approved for 2x 7,500$ (that was 2007/2008 so before the financial crisis). I shut all this down though when I left.
Old Nov 15, 13, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by austin_modern View Post
Do one of the annual credit report that's free through the government; you can pay a couple bucks extra and get your credit score. You could also do something like credit karma (although their score is more suspect).
These 'free reports' only provide you with the actual data stored about you incl (I believe) the payment history.

You do not obtain the actual score as it would be provided by Experian etc. To get that you have to pay at least once (at least that's how it was last time i did it about a year ago). You could also ask your banker to do a soft pull but that might not be a wise idea.
Old Nov 15, 13, 12:05 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
These 'free reports' only provide you with the actual data stored about you incl (I believe) the payment history.

You do not obtain the actual score as it would be provided by Experian etc. To get that you have to pay at least once (at least that's how it was last time i did it about a year ago). You could also ask your banker to do a soft pull but that might not be a wise idea.
it gives you an option to pay one of the three credit bureaus a couple bucks for your actual score, as mentioned. One would need to choose which was the most appropriate.
Old Nov 15, 13, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
It Sucks To Be Right, Sorry!

Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
I think that this is a typo since it would cannibalize their other cards.
It makes absolutely no sense financially for GP to devalue Diamond this much, to only $75- per year.

Sorry, but I just don't believe it.
Everybody should have used Occam's Razor on this one instead of getting excited.
Old Nov 15, 13, 12:39 pm

The site is still giving instant approval.
Old Nov 15, 13, 12:53 pm

ah well
Old Nov 15, 13, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge View Post
We hold our elite membership in high esteem, and we know our Diamond members are proud of their tier achievement. Please accept our sincere apologies, and if you have any questions, you may call our Diamond Customer Service line at 1-800-544-9288 or email [email protected].

Sincerely,

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Team
Has anybody called or written for more information on this?

Surely it's not acceptable to hurt someone's credit record based on misinformation and do nothing but apologize for it?
Old Nov 15, 13, 3:12 pm

Programs: SPG LTP & Hyatt Globalist. IHG, Radisson, HH, National from credit cards
This forum has been very quiet since the FFNs, G codes, and other interesting promos went away. Between this and the devaluation, it looks like Hyatt has been trying to restore it to vitality this week.
Old Nov 15, 13, 3:26 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by ENIAC View Post
This forum has been very quiet since the FFNs, G codes, and other interesting promos went away. Between this and the devaluation, it looks like Hyatt has been trying to restore it to vitality this week.
LOL!
Old Nov 15, 13, 3:39 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Bummer. Back to the Las Vegas mattress run plan. I won't have enough stays/nights for Diamond in 2013 so I'm planning on spending most of January hopping between MGM properties. We're moving to Vegas summer 2014 so I'll use a lot of the time for househunting.

Last edited by iflyjetz; Nov 15, 13 at 3:59 pm
Old Nov 15, 13, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
View From The Wing reports that a followup mail will be going out to those that received the mail.
Old Nov 15, 13, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
View From The Wing reports that a followup mail will be going out to those that received the mail.
Already got it, just same message Hgp posted here. They are going to need to do better than that
Old Nov 15, 13, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
Already got it, just same message Hgp posted here. They are going to need to do better than that
Same here. Already replied saying I've applied for the card yesterday and I am expecting them to honor the terms in the email.

Search this Thread