FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:46 am
skywalkerLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kindel
Only 1 other current credit card opened for the past 4 years with a $1,400 limit. I was Approved for $12,000 credit limit on this card. And I have a home mortgage opened 6 months ago. No USA credit history before that (I moved from Canada to the USA)

Given my relatively short credit history I am concerned it will have a big impact as I may apply for an auto loan in the coming months.
Honestly I think that is not a 'young' credit history but a rather extensive one. 4 years with good payment history even on a 1,4k Card is good and home loan is positive as well.

I had 12 months internship in the US and got a 500$ student card from Chase first, another one with 400$ from BOA. Then after 5 months applied online with Citi for AAdvantage and got approved for 2x 7,500$ (that was 2007/2008 so before the financial crisis). I shut all this down though when I left.