Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by sthubbar
...................CC #1.............CC #2
Hotel..............IHG...............Hyatt
Issuing Bank...Chase............Chase
Annual Fee.....$49.................$75
Forex.............0%..................0%
Type......Visa Signature.....Visa Signature
Status........Top Tier.............Top Tier

Please explain to me how it is clear that one of these is real and one is a mistake.
Well, the extremely quick retraction of the offer by Hyatt would be clue #1.

But if you're suggesting that top tier with IHG (which I have) equates to the anything near the same benefits as Hyatt, I've got an even better deal for you - Best Western has 'status match, no catch'. I'm a Best Western Diamond through status match. Both IHG and Best Western have very few extra perks associated with top tier vs bottom tier.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:59 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-16) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
By not honoring this clear mistake, Hyatt is telling the public that they want to preserve the value of being a Diamond.
...................CC #1.............CC #2
Hotel..............IHG...............Hyatt
Issuing Bank...Chase............Chase
Annual Fee.....$49.................$75
Forex.............0%..................0%
Type......Visa Signature.....Visa Signature
Status........Top Tier.............Top Tier

Please explain to me how it is clear that one of these is real and one is a mistake.
Because platinum is NOT IHG top tier. RA is.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, A3 *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
Well, the extremely quick retraction of the offer by Hyatt would be clue #1.
Retraction? Really?

Maybe you are unaware that the website with a domain of "hyatt.com" still displays the offer. How is that a "retraction"?

Oh, I get it, all people in the world are required to not only read FlyerTalk, they must follow this particular thread, and also, read every single post to find a single post from Hyatt.

Ok, got it.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
[SIZE=1]Because platinum is NOT IHG top tier. RA is.
antonius66, please check this. Clearly shows Platinum Elite as IHG Rewards Club top Tier.

Royal Ambassador is a different program.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Retraction? Really?

Maybe you are unaware that the website with a domain of "hyatt.com" still displays the offer. How is that a "retraction"?

Oh, I get it, all people in the world are required to not only read FlyerTalk, they must follow this particular thread, and also, read every single post to find a single post from Hyatt.

Ok, got it.
My name's not Santa Claus. But feel free to apply for lifetime Diamond status with the credit card. Just don't whine when they give you Plat instead of Diamond.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:09 pm

antonius66, please check this. Clearly shows Platinum Elite as IHG Rewards Club top Tier.

My recommendation is that you boycott Hyatt and take all of your business to IHG, where you can enjoy top tier status with your IHG Rewards Visa.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:11 pm

My name's not Santa Claus. But feel free to apply for lifetime Diamond status with the credit card. Just don't whine when they give you Plat instead of Diamond.
iflyjetz, OK, so then you seem to agree

1) A person receiving this offer could reasonably assume it was valid.

therefore

2) Some people received an email with this offer
3) Some of those people applied for the offer

Conclusion,

For those people who received this offer and applied, they should have every reason, legally and ethically, to receive what is a completely reasonable offer.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:15 pm

My recommendation is that you boycott Hyatt and take all of your business to IHG, where you can enjoy top tier status with your IHG Rewards Visa.
You could also have responded by saying something like "Oops, I was wrong, Platinum is the top tier of IHG Rewards Club."

I'll accept this thinly veiled personal attack to mean that you realize you were wrong and are lashing out to protect your ego.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:21 pm

Does/Did Hyatt "sell" Diamond status ?

I am quite sure Amex Centurion members in some countries have/had Hyatt Diamond Status (some had SPG Plat too).

Here is the thread on FT

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ion-hyatt.html

This was by virtue of Hyatt selling such status to Centurion. Is that right?
Is that done still?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:39 pm

You could also have responded by saying something like "Oops, I was wrong, Platinum is the top tier of IHG Rewards Club."

I'll accept this thinly veiled personal attack to mean that you realize you were wrong and are lashing out to protect your ego.
What are you talking about? I noted here that IHG Platinum was top IHG status:
But if you're suggesting that top tier with IHG (which I have) equates to the anything near the same benefits as Hyatt, I've got an even better deal for you - Best Western has 'status match, no catch'. I'm a Best Western Diamond through status match. Both IHG and Best Western have very few extra perks associated with top tier vs bottom tier.
Please take the time to reread this thread and show me EXACTLY where I stated that IHG Plat was not their top tier.

iflyjetz, OK, so then you seem to agree

1) A person receiving this offer could reasonably assume it was valid.

therefore

2) Some people received an email with this offer
3) Some of those people applied for the offer

Conclusion,

For those people who received this offer and applied, they should have every reason, legally and ethically, to receive what is a completely reasonable offer.
Except that those that received the offer very quickly received an apology email stating that the original email was incorrect.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:46 pm

What are you talking about? I noted here that IHG Platinum was top IHG status:

Please take the time to reread this thread and show me EXACTLY where I stated that IHG Plat was not their top tier.
You're right, I was mistaking you for antonius66. (Saying that didn't hurt one bit.)

Except that those that received the offer very quickly received an apology email stating that the original email was incorrect.
So, what do you think about the people that received this reasonable offer, applied and were approved before receiving the apology email?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:06 pm

You're right, I was mistaking you for antonius66. (Saying that didn't hurt one bit.)
Apology accepted.

So, what do you think about the people that received this reasonable offer, applied and were approved before receiving the apology email?
I think that there are battles worth fighting and ones not worth fighting. To fight this would likely lead to a Pyrrhic victory. Don Quixote comes to mind.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

Speaking of top tiers.. The top tier at Hyatt is the Courtesy Card, and for Fairmont is Fairmont Presidents Circle ( as opposed to Hyatt Diamond and FPC Platinum).
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
.......To fight this would likely lead to a Pyrrhic victory. Don Quixote comes to mind.
Especially when the issuer can cancel the card unilaterally for nearly whatever reason they choose. You'd then be welcome to reapply under the new correct terms of the card at the time of reapplication.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by cottonpatch
Especially when the issuer can cancel the card unilaterally for nearly whatever reason they choose. You'd then be welcome to reapply under the new correct terms of the card at the time of reapplication.
Yes, but I was implying something far worse - a negative comment added to your Hyatt profile that every Hyatt employee would be able to see. As in being coded a V8 with derogatory notes. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-vip-code.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.