Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA,UA/CO, SPG50, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
What would a copy of the email prove? Just have someone forward it to you, change a few headers, and voila, you've got mail.

Actually, I don't see anything in the language of the original offer that prohibits piggybacking. The only thing it says about e-mails is:

It doesn't say anything about the original recipient alone being eligible.
I believe you are right since this offer was never a targeted offer to begin with.

I have no dog in this fight, but I feel for those that applied for this card even the ones that knew this was an error. All those that applied should consult someone that's adept with consumer protection laws in financial industries. There should be something that protects consumers from these sort of things given how regulated this market is. Any (real/non arm-chair) lawyers that know a thing or two about consumer rights in financial markets?

Edit: A quick google search reveals this site:
http://www.consumerfinance.gov/

The few that applied might want to contact these peeps. Good luck, y'all.

On another note: The cash + points and discounted elite rates should make it very easy for platinums to earn diamond.

Last edited by Bacopa; Nov 18, 2013 at 4:54 pm
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:38 pm

Anyone who indeed received the email and applied has update from Hyatt?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
When you go to the Chase credit card page,
Click on 'see more information' on the bottom right.
That will open up Account Details.
Click on See 'rewards details' on the bottom left under the Rewards subheader.
You will find this as one of the bullet points:
•Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum Status for as long as you are a cardmember
Platinum membership has always been a benefit for Chase Hyatt cardholders. It was the Diamond membership which made it a very good offer. Confusing since other programs use Platinum as their top tier status.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt globalist, Hilton diamond
I e-mailed them on Friday and received an e-mail back today that I should expect a phone call by the end of the week for a resolution. Has anyone else spoken or talked to anyone about what resolution they came to?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Kindel
I e-mailed them on Friday and received an e-mail back today that I should expect a phone call by the end of the week for a resolution. Has anyone else spoken or talked to anyone about what resolution they came to?
You received your card already?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt globalist, Hilton diamond
I have not received my card. I did just get the phone call and am very happy with how things were handled. It sounds like it was very targeted and they are going to call everyone that was e-mailed and applied.

I did get the e-Mail and applied before the retraction!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 4:10 pm

I have not received my card. I did just get the phone call and am very happy with how things were handled. It sounds like it was very targeted and they are going to call everyone that was e-mailed and applied.

Glad to hear that hyatt is honoring the offer, but I'm not surprised. Congratulations!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*

Same call here....
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:13 pm

So it was honored? How does it work? You need to call them to request status adjustment every year?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Same call here....
No phone call here, please share the details of what they are offering.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
No phone call here, please share the details of what they are offering.
http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/11/20/h...-card-honored/
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:25 am

oh wow.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:07 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I can easily imagine an inter-office memorandum drafted yesterday at Hyatt headquarters:

Special Memo: When and if this guy ever drops from Diamond Status, yank his credit card.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I can easily imagine an inter-office memorandum drafted yesterday at Hyatt headquarters:

Special Memo: When and if this guy ever drops from Diamond Status, yank his credit card.
Isn't that a decision Chase has to make? I think this is the right thing to do. Pony up to your mistakes.

In the end, numbers matter. Who gives a flying f over 100 Diamonds taking advantage of this offer of whom a good amount are Diamond already anyway?

A much bigger disgrace is the swamp of people who match into the Diamond Trial with no intention of ever completing it. Using Suite Upgrades, Benefits etc for a few weeks and then drop it.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 4:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Isn't that a decision Chase has to make? I think this is the right thing to do. Pony up to your mistakes.

In the end, numbers matter. Who gives a flying f over 100 Diamonds taking advantage of this offer of whom a good amount are Diamond already anyway?

A much bigger disgrace is the swamp of people who match into the Diamond Trial with no intention of ever completing it. Using Suite Upgrades, Benefits etc for a few weeks and then drop it.
These are two really important points.

Hyatt and Chase could not care less giving away some rather inexpensive perks, if they can keep a few dozen high spending credit card customers. What is a free breakfast every once in a while vs. your chunk of $ 20.000 in credit card expenses every year. And I consider $ 20k to be on the lower side of the spectrum.

But it goes without saying that they have to play 'tough to get' to the general public with all mistake nonsense they came up with in recent days.

And all those free bennies just in case you sign up for a trial seemed to be the main reason why customers tend to be less satisfied with the overall treatment as a Diamond.

Hyatt seems to be a close second to Delta, when it comes to 'lost customer goodwill' in recent years.

And we all know that the very high customer goodwill was a main reason why people used to pay slightly more or drive a bit longer just to stay at a place where once a customer was more than welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.