Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
the two free nights will be great....but honestly i'd rather have my hard pull back if it's not going to be honored.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Not sure what the big problem is if they limit honoring the deal to to existing Diamonds. It wouldn't immediately add any more Diamonds to the ranks, and most of them would probably renew or come close to renewing that status on their own accord.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
It won't happen. Good luck!
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by apolloms
the two free nights will be great....but honestly i'd rather have my hard pull back if it's not going to be honored.
Ya. That's not going to happen either.....
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by speedlite
Same here. Already replied saying I've applied for the card yesterday and I am expecting them to honor the terms in the email.
it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Funny

Originally Posted by ENIAC
This forum has been very quiet since the FFNs, G codes, and other interesting promos went away. Between this and the devaluation, it looks like Hyatt has been trying to restore it to vitality this week.
That's a good one! I was very tempted to apply last night but decided not to because I thought it was too good to be true.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalk Members:

We'd like to apologize for an erroneous email sent yesterday to some Diamond members regarding the Hyatt Credit Card. This email had a statement that the Hyatt Credit Card includes Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond status, which was incorrect. The Hyatt Credit Card includes Platinum status.

All of us here at Hyatt Gold Passport are disappointed that we sent a communication that was not correct, and we are taking the necessary steps to make sure that this does not happen again.

We hold our elite membership in high esteem, and we know our Diamond members are proud of their tier achievement. Please accept our sincere apologies, and if you have any questions, you may call our Diamond Customer Service line at 1-800-544-9288 or email [email protected].

Sincerely,

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Team
FYI.. When Fairmont President's Club ran into the same problem, Fairmont San Francisco marketing through Living Social a Penthouse Suite accompanied by 'permanent' FPC Platinum status, it was honored to the 115 some odd people who purchased this package. Those lucky enough to purchase the package received 'permanent' or 'lifetime' Platinum status.

Problem here though, is that the accompanying T&Cs state quite clearly 'Platinum' status, and that the T&Cs allows Hyatt the right to change the Terms and Conditions of whats offered here anytime.

I think legally, the party is over unfortunately.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Problem here though, is that the accompanying T&Cs state quite clearly 'Platinum' status, and that the T&Cs allows Hyatt the right to change the Terms and Conditions of whats offered here anytime.
Which T&Cs are you referring to? The fine prints I received in the email clearly say

"3 Diamond status valid as long as your Hyatt Credit Card is open and not in default and you comply with Hyatt Gold Passport program rules. Authorized users will not be eligible for Diamond status or associated Diamond benefits."

I don't see a link pointing to any terms saying Platinum status.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
You mean this part?

Old Nov 16, 2013, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by antinseattle
Ya. That's not going to happen either.....
Exactly that might end up being the problem (or a substantial one of the whole bulk). If they say we just cancel the offer altogether the applicant could claim damages based on the effect this had on the credit score.

It will be really interesting to see how this is going to be handled.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
The good news is: this is an error and Hyatt is protective about the status.

Excellent service at Hyatt hotels is only possible if and when the number of Diamonds is stable and hotels know that only people loyal with the brand get this status.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 5:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SMK77
Only if you believe this is a simple mistake... and I really fail to see how it is as both Platinum and Diamond members were targetted. I really think GP has no clue that these targetted offers won't become public knowledge in about 5 minutes.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Exactly that might end up being the problem (or a substantial one of the whole bulk). If they say we just cancel the offer altogether the applicant could claim damages based on the effect this had on the credit score.

It will be really interesting to see how this is going to be handled.
Exactly. This will be an easy judgment. Determining the amount in damages could be very interesting.

Imagine if you are subsequently denied for a mortgage loan and could prove you would have been accepted had your score not gone down by X points. Or denied a job due to credit score? Doh.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by RTW1
Only if you believe this is a simple mistake... and I really fail to see how it is as both Platinum and Diamond members were targetted. I really think GP has no clue that these targetted offers won't become public knowledge in about 5 minutes.
Could not agree more, really spot on.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Absolutely, Hyatt was always extremely protective about Diamond status.

They never comped everyone and his dog, never offered three challenges for everyone and his cat in three years and always only granted the status perks after fulfilling the challenge requirements.

Excellent service at Hyatt hotels is only possible if and when the number of Diamonds is stable and hotels know that only people loyal with the brand get this status.
Again, absolutely.

I do not know, if you missed it, but they basically offered tons of free nights or free suites to everyone who had a decent credit score just for signing up for a credit card.

But I have to agree that your second statement could be true, at least in theory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.