Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
This seems to be a hoax, the OP of that blog gets some commision for new card members.
I don't see how it could be a hoax. The link goes to the hyatt.com domain, and there's no information within the link that would overwrite the word "Diamond" in the text so many times.

The only way it could be a hoax is if it were an inside job.

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I don't think that this is kosher, but would appreciate GP concierge (or someone) to come in here officially and confirm that this is rubbish.... otherwise we'll all wonder...

so - say it ain't so, Jeff
What would GP concierge (or Jeff) be able to do? This is a Chase issue.

Last edited by hailstorm; Nov 15, 2013 at 4:32 am
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
If you click on the link it takes you to a typical Chase credit card application page, complete with popups for pricing as well as the "please consider applying before you leave this page" popup. The pricing and terms popup is also quite typical though interestingly makes no mention of the Diamond status or even the free nights.

Now to be fair it would not be too difficult for someone with web design skills to create a fake application page. So it would be nice if Hyatt would validate the offer as legitimate, even if targeted. In the meantime I may very well call Chase to apply as they usually offer the same terms by phone.

This does make me question whether it was worth doing a mattress run for the Diamond status match, though should come out ok with the bonus points.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: A few
This seems to be a hoax, the OP of that blog gets some commision for new card members.
This is just an outright lie. I would retract if I were you and next time get your facts straight before you go making slanderous accusations
Old Nov 15, 2013, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
First off Tallest cavaeted his post as "seems"......
Secondly, you need to learn the difference between slander and libel......

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
This is just an outright lie. I would retract if I were you and next time get your facts straight before you go making slanderous accusations
Old Nov 15, 2013, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac

so - say it ain't so, Jeff
This deal on top of the "secret sauce" requited for special bonuses like "50 Unique Hotels Visited" (which even my friends think I shouldn't be mad about not receiving), are the problem. One word - inconsistency. What successful company shoots - as a goal - for treating their customers with inconsistency as a goal? Can anybody name one?

Times are good. Rooms are full. This is exactly the time that companies get out over the tips of the skis and lose sight of basic treatment of customers because times are a little too good. Execs get nervous that they aren't getting every single customer - which is faulty thinking. No company can be everything to everyone. OK, rant off. Thanks.

Last edited by fireworksboy; Nov 15, 2013 at 5:59 am
Old Nov 15, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
The Santa Claus thing makes me nervous, at the same time, one app for Diamond Hyatt membership......Argh...... I think I'm going to pull the trigger and apply ( even though it's only been 2.5 months since my last Chase app (BA card).

Edit:

OK got it, auto approved....anyone want to guess on who to call to confrim this is not a myth?

Last edited by Sunburn644; Nov 15, 2013 at 6:08 am Reason: approved, who to call
Old Nov 15, 2013, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
This deal on top of the "secret sauce" requited for special bonuses like "50 Unique Hotels Visited" (which even my friends think I shouldn't be mad about not receiving), are the problem. One word - inconsistency. What successful company shoots - as a goal - for treating their customers with inconsistency as a goal? Can any name one?
WWE?

Originally Posted by Sunburn644
The Santa Claus thing makes me nervous, at the same time, one app for Diamond Hyatt membership......Argh...... I think I'm going to pull the trigger and apply ( even though it's only been 2.5 months since my last Chase app (BA card).
You can put whatever name you like inside of that link. I can change it to The Easter Bunny for you if that would make you more comfortable.

You put your actual name and Gold Passport number within the application, so I don't think anybody at Chase really cares what the landing page says.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:08 am

Well for what it is worth I applied through the link and was approved. Some data points: I am only a gold member and didn't receive the offer via email. First time applying for this card. I changed the landing page to show my name and gp number and saved it. Who knows, if if I don't get diamond status I will call and forward that screen shot.

I will update when I know if receive diamond status. I am not counting on that but since I was going to apply for this card early next year, I figured this was worth a shot.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Is there a ref link that you can see & quote to prove your statement or is that that a rogue assumption of yours?

I read Loyalty Lobby almost since it's beginning and this blog never advocates credit card deals (which is actually the reason why I stopped following the other 'travel blogs' which almost all developed into credit card blogs. So I have no doubt that this is a legitimate email especially since other people here on FT report getting the same offer.

Again, I think you should provide some proof to your statement or revise it.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
First off Tallest cavaeted his post as "seems"......
Secondly, you need to learn the difference between slander and libel......
I'd say it's more important he doesn't go about making false accusations.... with thinly veiled "seems" qualifier. John O pumps out a lot of high quality information with no credit card kickbacks. You and your bud Tallest should check your facts rather than focus on semantics
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:26 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
So I have no doubt that this is a legitimate email especially since other people here on FT report getting the same offer.
John did mention on his blog that Hyatt contacted him yesterday and requested that he forward them the application link. So it sounds like while the e-mails were legitimate, perhaps they were not intentional offers/solicitations. It's possible that someone coded the e-mail wrong and accidentally populated the "Platinum" benefit descriptions with the actual status of the GP member that's always listed in the header. Will be interesting to see how Chase and Hyatt handle this.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted] ?

If true, then this Europe-based member says: Hyatt come out with a EUR card and offer soon or you won't see me again.

Totally ridiculous given i had to spend $300/night to maintain Diamond.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
I can definitely see Chase/Hyatt rejecting the offer to those who did not receive the targeted email.

Though if you did receive the email, then I would think you're sitting pretty
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by dw
John did mention on his blog that Hyatt contacted him yesterday and requested that he forward them the application link. So it sounds like while the e-mails were legitimate, perhaps they were not intentional offers/solicitations. It's possible that someone coded the e-mail wrong and accidentally populated the "Platinum" benefit descriptions with the actual status of the GP member that's always listed in the header. Will be interesting to see how Chase and Hyatt handle this.
It does sound like a mistake...

Oh well I will find out ... applied last night and put on pending, just called recon and got approved. I still have the original email, sent directly to me. It is going to be very, VERY hard for Chase not to honor this given they are making solicitations for credit cards using this very clear offer. There is absolutely no ambiguity in the offer whatsoever to help them wiggle out of it. (They may try and restrict to those that were targeted)

I had been holding out on applying for this card as I have no use for the nights in the next 12 months (though of course I am sure I will find something to do with them!!) but the chance to essentially get lifetime Diamond for $75 a year is just too good to pass up
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw
It's possible that someone coded the e-mail wrong and accidentally populated the "Platinum" benefit descriptions with the actual status of the GP member that's always listed in the header.
If that's the case, then we must track down a Courtesy Card member that received this mail...

Originally Posted by banzani
If true, then this Europe-based member says: Hyatt come out with a EUR card and offer soon or you won't see me again.
Do you know how credit cards work?

Hyatt doesn't come out with credit cards. Banks (in this case, Chase) do.

Lobby your favorite bank to cut a deal with Hyatt if that's important to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.