FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:40 am
ma91pmh

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by dw
John did mention on his blog that Hyatt contacted him yesterday and requested that he forward them the application link. So it sounds like while the e-mails were legitimate, perhaps they were not intentional offers/solicitations. It's possible that someone coded the e-mail wrong and accidentally populated the "Platinum" benefit descriptions with the actual status of the GP member that's always listed in the header. Will be interesting to see how Chase and Hyatt handle this.
It does sound like a mistake...

Oh well I will find out ... applied last night and put on pending, just called recon and got approved. I still have the original email, sent directly to me. It is going to be very, VERY hard for Chase not to honor this given they are making solicitations for credit cards using this very clear offer. There is absolutely no ambiguity in the offer whatsoever to help them wiggle out of it. (They may try and restrict to those that were targeted)

I had been holding out on applying for this card as I have no use for the nights in the next 12 months (though of course I am sure I will find something to do with them!!) but the chance to essentially get lifetime Diamond for $75 a year is just too good to pass up