Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by SF1K
Since this is your Honeymoon you may want to reiterate the fact that a room with 1 Bed is your preference (I'm guessing ) - we were checking in last year and a newleywed couple was having a fit, since they just arrived and were having to check in to a room with two beds
We actually got put in a room with two beds at HR Maui on our honeymoon, we kept that room over the King room that was NOT on the RC floor that we were offered as an laternate. That said, we didn't mind it so much as we had a clean bed to sleep in and then a "dirty" bed to get dirty in..............................................
Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:23 am

Programs: UA GS 1K, CO PLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG PLAT, Hyatt PLAT
We did 4 weeks there for our honeymoon and went back for 2 weeks for our anniversary. There is a certain room (xx27) in the corner of the hotel that had two balconies - one overlooking the mountain the other overlooking the ocean. It's a regular room in the system but MAGICAL IMHO.

Sara Mello (nee Bartholomew) was an FOM and is now a rez manager. She came to the property with her roommate Kary Takach - Kary is no longer there. They used to be at the Columbus and Cincinatti properties. My wife and I sent them a big box of Skyline chili and it was MUCH appreciated.

Sandy Ponzo and Michael Criste are in the RC and are dear friends. Please tell them Aloha from John and Moana in Washington DC and treat them with much respect.

Check the forums for the magical local resident discount on the convertible, and for the love of Pete - get out of Lahaina town! find the internet cafe with the shaved ice and pulled pork, the local vietnamese places (Miss Saigon or Saigon Cafe), and Mama's Fish Market IS everything it's cracked up to be...

Have a great trip!
Old Jun 8, 2006, 8:52 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
Sandy Panzo

Contact Sandy Panzo, STAT! Her husband happens to be THE GUY in the food industry in Hawaii! He is the head chef at Aaron's on Oahu. We told her we were going to stay at Oahu for one night after our stay at Maui and she personally called her husband's boss (the GM) and it was literally the best either of us have ever had! EVER!!! They know EVERYONE. If you know Chicago, their is a famous fish house, Nick's Fish House, that they used to be at that this Aaron's is a partner to. I forget the name on Maui.

My only, only, only other piece of advise, if you have any status, ANYWHERE, ask for a status match NOW! Someone else will have to answer this...if you are Gold at Hilton, can you get something (Platinum???) at Hyatt. Otherwise, grab some cheap Hyatt stays somewhere this month.

We spent 10 amazing nights at the Hyatt Kauai for our honeymoon. I hate to say if you are not to proud to say it, say it often that it is your honeymoon.

If you find it worthwhile, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend an upgrade to the RC. Use points! Ask for coupons for the restaurants you go to... They have tons. Try Leilani's...
Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:27 am

Stayed there in August. Property's in decent shape. Not much of a beach. Pool is great. Penguins are a riot, and koi collection is impressive.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 6:15 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Stayed there Labour Day weekend. Agree with 767-322ETOPS and I preferred the Kauai property over the Maui property but both are nice.
As a Diamond, I was upgraded to RC level and the RC has a decent spread and nice Mai-Tais and okay sparkling wine.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 6:48 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
I know it is touristy but a luau might be nice for the family if you have not done it before. I think Hyatt had one or if you want to go offsite, I went to the one at Smith Family paradise on a local's recommendation and they gave 10% discount to AAA member.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 6:51 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I'm Diamond and stayed for 2 nights in Maui about a year ago. I was given an 'ok' room with a side view of the ocean. The RC's fine, but (IMO) nothing spectacular--unlike the RC's in Honolulu or Kauai, which are fantastic!! It's about a 40 min drive from the airport and near a lot of other hotels on the coast.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 10:39 am

Regarding the trip back to the mainland...

Many of the airlines will allow a stopover in the city where you land on your return from Hawaii at no extra charge. What we have done (especially when our children were young) was stop in L.A., take the kids to Disneyland for a day, then fly back home. You got over the jetlag easily and the kids had something to look forward to on the way back.

Even when it is just the two of us, we still stop over for the night on the West Coast. That overnight flight all the way back from Hawaii eliminates any restful feeling I get from being on vacation in Hawaii.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 6:54 pm

Programs: American EP 3.5mil. miles; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond VIP
My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Maui over Thanksgiving. We opted to use extra points for Regency Level. We had not stayed at the Hyatt Maui since 2002, staying instead at the Hilton Waikoloa on the Big Island or at the Hyatt Kauai. It was our opinion the Regency Club on Maui was quite superior to the Towers Lounge at the Hilton and superior in personnel to the Kauai Regency staff, and slightly lower in quality of breakfast and evening Hors' Deourves to the Kauai Hyatt. The mai tai's are made perfectly, in fact, I wish I had one now.

We enjoyed touring Maui again, and the RC staff definitely will entice us to stay again at the Maui Hyatt. Very much enjoyed the meals at Roy's, plus had an enjoyable Thanksgiving dinner at Ruth's Chris in Lahaina.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 6:06 pm

We stayed at the Hyatt Maui last August for a night, very last minute. Bought a Hyatt Stay Certificate (Elite) and ended up saving quite a bit. We didn't have to pay the harsh hotel taxes/fees either. The hotel and the property is nice, but the room we got was just okay. It was a garden view (no ocean at all), but the bed was comfortable. We have no status with Hyatt so we didn't expect any upgrades.

Since it was our anniversary, the front desk gave us a nice aloha photo album and sent a bottle of champagne to our room. Very nice gesture indeed!

The beach in front of the hotel isn't much of a beach. We spent the day at Makena Beach instead. The pool at the hotel is really cool though.

I think they have some birds in the center court area - similar to what you would see if you've been to Hilton Hawaiian Village on Oahu.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 9:23 am

Programs: United-1K, Hilton Honors-Diamond, Starwood-Platinum
Just wondering how close a good beach that you can lay out on is? Walking distance? Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by hlr207
Just wondering how close a good beach that you can lay out on is? Walking distance? Thanks!
When we were there, there was a tiny bit of sand in front of the hotel, which is probably gone now. Otherwise, there is a large area in front of the Sheraton a short walk away.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:23 pm

thesilb

I could not have been more happy with the room I was assigned - 982 in the Lahaina tower. This is a direct ocean-facing room on the abutting end of the tower wing (nestled in between the two ocean suites). This has got to be perhaps the very best "regular" (non suite) room in the hotel. I highly recommend x82 in this tower! I honestly believe I had a much better stay than I would have in an ocean view room in the Regency Club (and I can compare directly as I have stayed in those rooms many times).
I know this thread is old, but I can't believe I finally found some info on these specific rooms. We are ready to book and want to request specific rooms. I am interested in the Napili Tower because we have young kids and don't want to hear the luau music every night. First question is, do the ground floor units have direct access right onto the grass/ocean? Or do you have to walk down the hall and out to a walkway? Second question is... what room #s are these in the Napili tower that are direct ocean facing, sandwiched between the 2 ocean suites?

Great thread thesilb!! I think I'm close to finding my answer!!
Old Feb 17, 2007, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Its quite ironic that you livened this thread up, because I have just come up from a great day at the pool/beach to the Lahaina tower, we are in one suite connecting to one room and then next to another on the fifth floor, i.e. we have 3 of the 4 frontal facing units, direct ocean facing. Its great! We have our infant, but we are able to bury her crib way back in the suite far off the front abutting end (and we took the lock off connector room, with our mom-in-law in the non-connecting adjoiner), to avoid the luau music...everyone gets what they want!

I am not certain about your questions re: the Napili tower, but tomorrow I will swing by there and get you some room numbers & answers to your questions.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by kstelzner
I know this thread is old, but I can't believe I finally found some info on these specific rooms. We are ready to book and want to request specific rooms. I am interested in the Napili Tower because we have young kids and don't want to hear the luau music every night. First question is, do the ground floor units have direct access right onto the grass/ocean? Or do you have to walk down the hall and out to a walkway? Second question is... what room #s are these in the Napili tower that are direct ocean facing, sandwiched between the 2 ocean suites?

Great thread thesilb!! I think I'm close to finding my answer!!
Okay kstelzner, I walked over and did the due diligence on this for you

The short answer is, you cannot get those abutting rooms on floor 1 of the Napili tower. They are all crafted into some enormous suite marked "private residence". I asked the front desk if this was available for rental and they said "no". Also, even if these were rooms, they do open to lanais on the front however there is a dense row of tall hedges with no passing...so you wouldn't have had direct beach access anyway.

As you go up to floors 2 and above, these abutting regular rooms are x36 and x35. They connect (via exterior lock off) to a deluxe ocean suite at x34 and a regular ocean suite at x33. The good view looking towards the beach, pool and over towards the town of Lanaina are on the "even side" and the "odd side" looks more towards gardens and mountains and the Marriott (which is, right now, a huge mess of a noisy construction site as they construct the first of two brand new condo towers - the one impacting these rooms is slated for opening July, 2007, so if you are reading this after that date there is likely no construction noise).

If you just want great "regular" rooms, probably x35 and x36 are the best, however x32 and x30, the farthest down rooms facing the pool/ocean are going to be really sweet. On floor 1, you could request 132, 130, 128 (etc. in dedscending order of good view) and YES, you will get direct walk-out over the lawn to the pools and beach. No hedges block these.

Hope this helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.