Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Did you get good rates? Last I checked, the room rates were astronomical.
I think good is a relative term but we are AAA at $375 and using a suite upgrade and then using points for an adjoining room.

I would rather go in off season but Mrs. Milesbuilder has instructed me that is not an option so I say Yes Mam and pay the piper
Old Dec 7, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Originally Posted by seaduck79
The Lahaina tower is right next to a beach that has lots of things like that - jet ski rental, etc. There are more, including surf lessons, a 5-10 minute walk west up the sidewalk in front of one of the other hotels. My teenage daughter tried it her last time there, and said it was fun! It seemed to be well-run and island fun. Little kids seem to have an easier time of it, because of their lower center of gravity.
Thanks, nice to have it on property. I suspect my attempts will land me on Americas Funniest Home Videos but I am going to try
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Milesbuilder
I think good is a relative term but we are AAA at $375 and using a suite upgrade and then using points for an adjoining room.

I would rather go in off season but Mrs. Milesbuilder has instructed me that is not an option so I say Yes Mam and pay the piper
Reason being? I would love to go off season, and used to go February to Maui. But nowadays, its spring break, but the stars aren't lining up for the kids spring breaks as they are in two different schools.

Sometimes I can get low season rates in the high season. Thanks for the help.. I'm going to be looking into the Andaz right away.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I'm taking my family (me, wife and two kids - 1 and 5) to Maui on vacation in late March.

I'm planning to burn the 90K Hyatt points I've accumulated in the past few years before the redemption rates increase.

I'm torn between getting into the Andaz before that becomes much more expensive, and going to the HR Maui which seems to be more kid friendly.

In an ideal world we'd be in a suite (having already experienced the challenge of the whole family sharing a single hotel room) but I'm not sure how to make that happen using points alone.

Opinions would be welcome; my guess is that we'd do 3-4 nights in a hotel and 3-4 nights in a condo somewhere.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@noah - will let you know in a few days. We're at the andaz now for a few more nights, a few @ the HR and then a few at the GH Kauai, with 2 kids and 2 parents in tow.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:27 pm

Great stay..

Just completed a 8-night stay in an Ocean Suite - wonderful stay, and great staff. I don't have too much to add about the hotel itself that hasn't been already been posted in this thread. Just some minor points:

I am a Diamond member and, on check-in, they only offered to waive $5 off the $25 resort fee. Self parking remains $14 per day.

Wifi appears to be free all over the resort now, including in room and you can connect unlimited devices.

Instead of giving you bottles of water, they'll give you an orange water bottle for you to refill during your stay and keep afterwards. However, I found the water bottles broke fairly easily.

I stayed in the Lahaina Tower, and there is a much closer self parking lot located next to the Tower (didn't find out until the second day of my stay), which I found very convenient.

Found the prices of the activities offered by the onsite Expedia Local Expert were cheaper than what can be found online for many activities (including Luau, and Helicopter Tour).

The kids pool area and Grotto bar were still under construction for most of my stay, but the kids pool appeared to be running on the last day of my stay (12/23) and the Grotto bar looked pretty close.

Loved the Ahi Poke Nachos at Umalu!

Last edited by OfficeGlenn; Dec 24, 2013 at 12:34 pm
Old Dec 24, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Enjoying our stay thus far. We were upgraded to adjoining ocean view rooms in the Lahiana tower and the view of the ponds/pools/ocean/islands is beautiful.

The rooms are a bit dated, but spacious especially in the bathroom part. AC does not seem to work really well, goes down to 65 but it wasn't even close last night - stuffy and tossed and turned for a bit.

Many kid friendly options and is a pretty large property. The aim of this property is completely different than the Andaz, it feels, looks, and "lives" in a whole different manner. Our kids had fun with watching the penguin feeding, arts and crafts on the beach, movie night, etc.

One snafu with service - the valet gave us the wrong key to our push start car. So we ended up getting stranded when we shut the car off while out running errands. Hotel had to find our car keys, and then come find and pick us up. We had to drive back to the Andaz to pickup luggage (~2 hour round trip), and getting stranded at a fruit stand on the way back was not great. Missed the sunset.

I didn't push the issue too much since we only wasted some time, but my wife was not happy that the valet captain was not apologetic - in fact kind of implied that it was our fault for not speaking up. When the valet handed over the keys he said something like "Here you go Lam" - I didn't know if he said "Man" and anyways "Lam" is a common Asian surname so I was like well maybe he just thinks I'm someone else. So gave us our car with someone else's keys (Hi Mr. Lam!).

Check-in/parking is a zoo with this many people here so I'm just going to chalk it up as mistakes happen, but it could have been handled better.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 11:35 am

I booked 5 nights at Hyatt Maui, Regency Club partial ocean room for 27k points a night. I heared there are contructions going on there, will we hear it from this room? I don't have status with Hyatt so I had to use 7k additional points a night for better room and free breakfast. Do they charge Resort fees on award reservation? My confirmation email shows
RESORT FEES: 30.00
RESORT FEE:25 USD PER RM PER NT PLUS TAX. I hope they offer free wifi. Does this room have mini fridge & microwave? Will be helpful for our upcoming infant. Can I request them free of charge? I didn't find suite room online & the Andaaz only shows standard room available for points. Are there fast food chain restaurants near by? Any asian restaurants?
We will be renting car from the airport for entire stay. Thanks for any advice and infos.

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Jan 17, 2014 at 11:42 am
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
I booked 5 nights at Hyatt Maui, Regency Club partial ocean room for 27k points a night. I heared there are contructions going on there, will we hear it from this room? I don't have status with Hyatt so I had to use 7k additional points a night for better room and free breakfast. Do they charge Resort fees on award reservation? My confirmation email shows
RESORT FEES: 30.00
RESORT FEE:25 USD PER RM PER NT PLUS TAX. I hope they offer free wifi. Does this room have mini fridge & microwave? Will be helpful for our upcoming infant. Can I request them free of charge? I didn't find suite room online & the Andaaz only shows standard room available for points. Are there fast food chain restaurants near by? Any asian restaurants?
We will be renting car from the airport for entire stay. Thanks for any advice and infos.
You should be in the Atrium tower with RC access and not have construction noise. There should be no resort fee when using all points for your stay, there may still be a parking fee. No microwave, you can request a mini fridge. Fast food is about a 15 min drive to Lahaina.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by bbbb
You should be in the Atrium tower with RC access and not have construction noise. There should be no resort fee when using all points for your stay, there may still be a parking fee. No microwave, you can request a mini fridge. Fast food is about a 15 min drive to Lahaina.
Thanks. If I booked the suite room, it should have microwave & mini fridge?
It is not showing online with award reservation.
Do they have chain restaurants like Mcdonald, Ihop & some Asian restaurants?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:25 pm

If you book a suite there is a good chance you will be in the construction area, most of the suites are in the two end towers. I don't think you will get a microwave unless they have some that you can request, I would call.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
You will get a mini-fridge in the bedroom (and min bar/stocked fridge in the living room). There is a McDonalds just up the road at Whalers Viilage (along with other choices in the food court). There's a free shuttle to take you there.

Agree with other poster that microwaves are not included.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bbbb
If you book a suite there is a good chance you will be in the construction area, most of the suites are in the two end towers. I don't think you will get a microwave unless they have some that you can request, I would call.
We had a suite that sided construction. It was noisy during the day. We weren't in the suite most of the time the construction is going on. The hotel comped us parking and daily cabana for the trouble. 5 nights in August when we stayed.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
We had a suite that sided construction. It was noisy during the day. We weren't in the suite most of the time the construction is going on. The hotel comped us parking and daily cabana for the trouble. 5 nights in August when we stayed.
I thought suite was better room & comes with microwave and fridge than the Regency Club partial Ocean I booked?
Why you can hear noise from suite room but not from where I will be staying?
I couldn't find suite online with points.

Is the self parking lot very close to the hotel? which side is it?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:17 pm
Suspended

I thought suite was better room & comes with microwave and fridge than the Regency Club partial Ocean I booked?
Why you can hear noise from suite room but not from where I will be staying?
I couldn't find suite online with points.

Is the self parking lot very close to the hotel? which side is it?

Thanks
We stayed in the south tower, and it was literally an ocean front suite at the ends of the tower that sided luau pavilion construction.

I used valet parking, but I recall that the self parking is out the front entrance accross the street. A five minute walk.

The temporary luau grounds was at the north end. There is Hyatt Residence Club tower being constructed near the temporary luau grounds. The luau grounds is ocean front, whereas the tower backs in from the temporary luau grounds.

If you are in the central atrium tower facing out to the ocean there is no construction going on. However, you may face some construction if your room points NE in the Atrium tower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.