Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2004, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Live4Miles
I guess I just want to be sure...

Myself/wife/12 year old and 10 year old checking in at 9pm on thanksgiving night.

I guess what I'm shooting for is to score an upgrade to "ocean view" room NOT on RC so we can eat free breakfast in the am (since we won't be around to use and never really drink that much anyway)

But sounds like checking in that late at night will probably not have much choice as to room.

Thanks again for any thoughts on subject.

Will they let you switch rooms during week in a better one (ocean view) opens up?
I don't think you will have a problem not scoring RC rooms. Since most of the rooms are oceanview and/or partial oceanview, you should probably be able to get one of those, although I'm not positive because Thanksgiving is supposed to be one of the busiest times in Hawaii and the hotel very well could be sold out. But yes, you'll definitely get your free breakfast if you want to decline any upgrade to RC floor that MIGHT be available. As for switching rooms mid-stay, it seems as if they will allow that according to other posts here. And I'm sure some better rooms will definitely open up on the Sat. or Sun. after Thansgiving if you want to move then.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 3:44 pm

Just received my "upcoming stay letter".

Anybody have any recent stays here.

Any thoughts or commets will be appreciated.

Aloha!!!

I just got back today from a nice five night stay that I was upgraded to a large ocean view,end room with a king and a pullout sofa bed on the RC floor.I didn't get a letter in advance but I don't think they had me pre booked on the RC because when I checked in I asked for ocean view with RC access and the clerk had to called back and tell someone he had a V4 (Diamond with 4 people)checking in asking for club access.I can see the problem with giving everyone access because the club was full on most of my nights.I would check the Hyatt site the day you check-in to see if any RC rooms are open and if not I would ask again at the desk.You might also ask if something is going to open up during your stay.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
The Kauai RC is in a league way above the Maui RC. The Maui RC is nice, but it neither has a great view for cocktails or the type of food service in the evening that the Kauai location does. Many people here have said you can almost forego dinner in Kauai and just feast in the RC; while I don't recomment skipping the many fine nearby restaurants I have to agree in terms of pure quantity - the evening spread in Kauai is lavish. That is then followed by a third daily service - chocolates and nightcaps. The breakfast is also very nice. All in all, the Kauai RC is "fantastic" and the Maui RC is "okay". I would be disappointed to be checked into the Kauai property and be denied RC access; I really don't care too much in Maui. YMMV, but those are my feelings.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by bbbb
I just got back today from a nice five night stay that I was upgraded to a large ocean view,end room with a king and a pullout sofa bed on the RC floor..

Did you pay the "resort fee" or was it waived...if it was waived, did you have to ask for it to be, or was it done without your asking?
Old Nov 15, 2004, 7:40 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
In 4 stays at Maui in the last 2 years all as Diamond, I have never been asked to pay a resort fee.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 11:35 am

Did you pay the "resort fee" or was it waived...if it was waived, did you have to ask for it to be, or was it done without your asking?

I have stayed at 3 resorts that have a resort fee and all 3 times it was waived w/o having to ask.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 12:02 pm

It appears that the "fitness center" is included in "daily resort fee" which is waived for diamonds, BUT does anybody know if you can get into the steam room or sauna without having to pay extra?
Old Dec 5, 2004, 8:59 am

Since I mentioned some specific room numbers in this older thread, I thought I would call it up and add some information based on a one week stay over Thanksgiving this year.

We received the "advance letter" which has been reported in this forum as being sent to Diamond members from Mr. Keo Hornbostel, one of the managers. I did have a chance to speak with Mr. Hornbostel via voice mail and email (he was nice enough to call my room to welcome me), and he told me that the letters are sent out to Diamond members when he anticipates that they may not be able to be accomodated in the Regency Club.

I could not have been more happy with the room I was assigned - 982 in the Lahaina tower. This is a direct ocean-facing room on the abutting end of the tower wing (nestled in between the two ocean suites). This has got to be perhaps the very best "regular" (non suite) room in the hotel. I highly recommend x82 in this tower! I honestly believe I had a much better stay than I would have in an ocean view room in the Regency Club (and I can compare directly as I have stayed in those rooms many times). What is so good about the "deluxe ocean front" category rooms on the abutting ends of the Lahaina and Napili towers? Primarily, of course, the ocean views. In pure distance to crashing waves, you are CLOSE. So close the surf is LOUD. If you like to fall alseep to crashing surf, these are your rooms. Wonderful. We also really, really enjoyed the Lahaina tower (x82) series rooms versus the Napili tower due to the luau right below you. From 5pm - 7:30pm every day, you have wonderful live music. So every night as we were showering off and getting ready to go to dinner, we had entertainment. Loud enough in our room to hear each and every word the band played. I think the top (9th) floor gets very good waves/band acoustics because of the cement "lip" or "overhang" of the building right above you which acts to reflect the sounds into the room.

The x82 series rooms are stunning, great view of the beach and of Lanai, way private because you're on the far end of the property, loud waves, music from the luau...thsi was pretty much the perfect room for us.

This is one property where I believe the "better" option is to NOT be in the Regency Club.

All the other cast of characters are doing well - Norm & his cohorts are still cutting up delicious sushi and are as always a pleasure to converse with...Lacey at the pool was wonderul, remembering our names and our favorite drinks, Keo was of course great to set us up nicely...this is a quality property that respects Diamonds and remembers repeat guests.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 9:13 am

We just arrived back home from a week stay that started on thanksgiving night and had a great stay.

we were on a "super low" rate that I found on hyatt.com. We received the "we are full" letter but to my great surprise when we arrived after travelling for 19 hours!! (had a really long layover in Seattle) we were assigned to room number 2118. It was right in the middle of the main building and looked out over the pool and of ocean...We were very pleased...For us, it worked out MUCH better having RC access (vs swan court breakfast)...We don't eat big breakfasts so it was just nice having the smaller "continental" breakfast and dinner snacks.

We did get charged the resort fee, which has been reported on this board as being waived for Diamond members, but I was told by two hotel staffers that it was only waived for diamond members staying on award stays.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 9:29 am

Interesting, our stay started the Saturday before Thanksgiving and we checked out the Saturday after. The "fullest" nights I was told were the Saturday before (the 20th) and the Tuesday before (the 23rd)...things had started to lighten up significantly by Thanksgiving day they told me. Evidently the days before Thanksgiving were very full due to a large Japanese tour group...on Sunday morning the 21st of November a tour group leader was at the front desk facilitating the check out of 220 rooms if I overheard correctly!

We were not charged the resort fee, and we were on FFN.

Glad you guys got in the RC! It is certainly a matter of personal preference on breakfast. We very much prefer Swan Court. Having that "full" buffet is sort of a regular part of our Hawaii trips and we just don't like to forego it. We usually do this and a nice dinner, and that means our lunch doesn't have to be huge. For a $7 upgrade fee, the Swan Court full buffet with the eggs benedict, french toast, tons of papayas, fresh grilled fish, omellette station, etc...its a good deal for us.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by thesilb
Since I mentioned some specific room numbers in this older thread, I thought I would call it up and add some information based on a one week stay over Thanksgiving this year................
thesilb,

Thanks for the great update/tip. This kind of info really helps for when the rest of us make our next trips to HR Maui. I anticipate a big increase in requests for Room 982 over the course of the next year.
Old Dec 5, 2004, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Resort Fee

I've visited this property in different ways (FFN's, paid stay, other upgrade award) all as Diamond and each time the Resort Fee was waived. The most recent time it was waived was my last visit there in August.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:39 am

I checked in last week on a FFN award. At check-in I was given a RC Oceanview room, and told, 'The Resort fee will be waived since you have a RC room'.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 12:18 pm

Just spent another week in 982, I reiterate my view - tremendous room!! Get it if you can. THANK YOU HYATT for being the best there is out there, you have my lifelong business!
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:37 am

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
HR Maui daily $25 resort credit

Not sure if this has been posted yet ... I got this in the mail from HR Maui:

"25TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION

COME CELEBRATE 25 YEARS OF INNOVATION WITH THE HYATT REGENCY MAUI RESORT & SPA

Developed by the late Christopher B. Hemmeter, Hyatt Regency Maui was the first destination resort in the world. Hyatt Regency Maui forever changed the landscape of resort development and created the concept of a luxury vacation. As we continue to set the standard 25 years later, we invite you to celebrate this accomplishment with us!

From April 1 - June 3, 2005 you will receive a $25 per day resort credit to use towards any of our trendsetting activities, award winning restaurants, or in our breathtaking spa, Spa Moana. The credit is offered on our Aloha and Rack rates as well as our popular Sunshine on Sale and Island Hopper packages!

Call your vacation planner or visit us at www.maui.hyatt.com to make your reservations. Ask for for offer code 25TH."

Hope this could help some FT-ers out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.