Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Points Earning / Redemption for Dining / Spa - Locations now available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points Earning / Redemption for Dining / Spa - Locations now available

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
If I understand your question correctly
There has been no mention or announcement that the earning and redemption benefit for dining without stays will end in the new "World Of Hyatt"
Appears to be ongoing without an end date
My contact at Hyatt has confirmed this
Thank you! The old links to the program were still live, but I couldn't find a mention of it on the WoH website. May give it a try next week.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:20 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Calcifer
Thank you! The old links to the program were still live, but I couldn't find a mention of it on the WoH website. May give it a try next week.
A pleasure
As always just as a precaution always save your receipt(s) in case your transaction doesn't post.
And never pay with a Hyatt Gift card or you will be ineligible for the transaction to earn points without a stay
Cash and credit cards are eligible forms of payment
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Calcifer
Does anyone know if this will still be an option under WoH? I'd like to make sure my account is considered active so I can transfer points.
It's a declared WOH benefit.

But, like others, I've encountered too much grief using this "benefit" to consider using it under WOH. I too have ended paying in dollars AND points, and had way too much hassle getting it set right. My Hyatt Concierge was of zero help.

An easy way to fix this, if they so were inclined, is by tying it to the Hyatt Card and making the points automatic. if they did, I would dine at Hyatt, HR, GH and Andaz restaurants more frequently since the food is usually pretty good.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:30 pm

This "benefit" is ridiculously difficult. I posted last year when I had an issue with getting points for a dining purchase at a participating property.

This year, I thought I had learned my lesson and made sure I found someone who knew about the program to figure out the points. The front desk was clueless, but they got a manager who seemed to know what he was doing. He said I had to bring him the receipt from dining and he enters the points in manually into their system - he said the waitstaff can't do it automatically at the register and have to give him their receipt anyway.

I felt good that this would work out this year, even though it seemed pretty ridiculous I had to get a manager to manually process a benefit that should be automatic / easy. Now, 2 weeks later and I don't have any points posted - I call the Hyatt and the manager says he'd look into it and get back to me. I don't feel confident.

Why even have the dining & spa program if it's not easy to get it posted? Last year, Hyatt customer service wouldn't help at all, and the property had no idea. Now this year I again seem dependent on some special action from someone to receive the benefit.

Hyatt - if you're listening, make this something automatic, done at the register when paying for the dining, make it automatic to post and not require someone's manual processing, and provide a receipt to the customer that clearly shows they will receive points.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
posted end of 2015 still Sydney not onboard for earn with dining
Originally Posted by ToddHyattGoldPassport View Post
Flyertalk members,

I wanted to let you know I am discontinuing the periodic updates on Flyertalk for those hotels participating in our benefit of earning and redeeming Hyatt Gold Passport points at our hotel restuarants and spas when your plans don't include an overnight stay.

You can get the most updated listing at www.hyatt.com/diningandspa

At this time we have completed 100% of our participating spas worldwide and are very close to completing restaurants in our hotels in North America. We hope to have all our participating hotel restaurants worldwide upgraded by the end of this year.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by aussielori
Flyertalk members,

I wanted to let you know I am discontinuing the periodic updates on Flyertalk for those hotels participating in our benefit of earning and redeeming Hyatt Gold Passport points at our hotel restuarants and spas when your plans don't include an overnight stay.

At this time we have completed 100% of our participating spas worldwide and are very close to completing restaurants in our hotels in North America. We hope to have all our participating hotel restaurants worldwide upgraded by the end of this year.
That site doesn't really seem to update though --- It doesn't include any hotels it seems that have opened in the last few years.

This is the site I use:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...iningspadining

And yeah, PH Sydney has the Spa counting, but not dining.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by aussielori
Flyertalk members,

Do not use this link, it is not correct. Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center is on this link, but it is not on the other link just above me which seems to be the more updated. Make sure it's the one where you have to search through the form field, not just expand state lists.

This is the worst program I've ever seen and am shocked by how difficult it is to use it. If Hyatt can't make it easy and straightforward to earn and redeem points for dining & spa, then why even have the program?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by alchemista

This is the worst program I've ever seen and am shocked by how difficult it is to use it. If Hyatt can't make it easy and straightforward to earn and redeem points for dining & spa, then why even have the program?
I couldn't resist the siren song of free points, so I gave it a go tonight. But first, I asked the server if she knew how to do it, along with a warning that it frequently ends up charging points instead of earning points.

She said she would get a manager to show her how to do it, then spent a good 10 minutes on it, and returned saying that it was really difficult to do but she was glad to have learned it.

In the past when it's screwed up, I've gotten immediate notice that my account had point redemption. Didn't get that this time, so cautiously expecting it to work at long last.

Last edited by JackE; Oct 27, 2017 at 9:26 pm
Old Oct 27, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
So, as posted in another thread, I had lunch at GH Hyatt DFW a week ago. I was in the building anyways for Global Entry interviews, so I didn't go 'out of my way' for it, but I did purposefully drag the wife and kid upstairs after the interviews to try this out. Lunch was very good, and the service was excellence. We were glad to try out the restaurant from the standpoint that we did get a good meal out of it. We decided to go ahead and adjust a future reservation from a HH in the DFW area to the GH during a week when the nature of the trip makes it such that we will make good use of room service and the concierge.

Well, 1 week later, and still no points have been added to my account. My CC was charged correctly. They vocalized that they got my base points credited but I didn't hold onto any receipt. I guess I should send them a friendly email to ask what happened.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by MarkOK
So, as posted in another thread, I had lunch at GH Hyatt DFW a week ago. I was in the building anyways for Global Entry interviews, so I didn't go 'out of my way' for it, but I did purposefully drag the wife and kid upstairs after the interviews to try this out. Lunch was very good, and the service was excellence. We were glad to try out the restaurant from the standpoint that we did get a good meal out of it. We decided to go ahead and adjust a future reservation from a HH in the DFW area to the GH during a week when the nature of the trip makes it such that we will make good use of room service and the concierge.

Well, 1 week later, and still no points have been added to my account. My CC was charged correctly. They vocalized that they got my base points credited but I didn't hold onto any receipt. I guess I should send them a friendly email to ask what happened.
Good luck... this program is essentially useless with all the problems and unreliability.

fyi - Hyatt CS will direct you back to the property. It is the property's responsibility to add the points. It seems like this a manual process not automated at POS which makes it easy to mess up.

I still never received points for my last 2 attempts, although the last time the property did award me 1000 points as consolation for the frustration (but never did figure out how to post the points). That satisfied me, but didn't do anything to make me feel good about this supposed program.

I wish Hyatt had a shopping portal or another way to earn points to prevent expiration (or better yet - remove expiration like other programs!)
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by alchemista
Good luck... this program is essentially useless with all the problems and unreliability.

fyi - Hyatt CS will direct you back to the property. It is the property's responsibility to add the points. It seems like this a manual process not automated at POS which makes it easy to mess up.

I still never received points for my last 2 attempts, although the last time the property did award me 1000 points as consolation for the frustration (but never did figure out how to post the points). That satisfied me, but didn't do anything to make me feel good about this supposed program.

I wish Hyatt had a shopping portal or another way to earn points to prevent expiration (or better yet - remove expiration like other programs!)

They should just declare this as a miscarriage and put an end to it. If it hasn't been fixed by now, it probably won't ever be fixed.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:09 pm

To follow up: I emailed the general manager last Friday at the GH DFW. On Tuesday morning, got a response -- very short "We will contact WOH, attached is your receipt", and they were able to dig up my receipt.

Well, today, I got my base points credited. It was two weeks after my meal and took a follow up. Part of me feels like this isn't worth fighting for, part of me feels like I should do this recreationally to pressure Hyatt into streamlining this better or just end the benefit.

It was 205 base points, that gets me 0.02% closer to getting lifetime status
Old Oct 2, 2018, 6:05 pm
Original Member

Is this list still current for earning points at the restaurants at these hotels without a stay? Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
sggolf - try this, but note that the search function (where you have to select a city from a drop-down) seems irritatingly complicated.

Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Bumping this old thread to see what everyone thinks of the new rates for redemption. Has anyone tried to do this? Can it be done at check-out? I would be curious to see if points could be used towards "transportation" charges like the transfer at the Park Hyatt Maldives.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-spa-more.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.