Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Points Earning / Redemption for Dining / Spa - Locations now available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points Earning / Redemption for Dining / Spa - Locations now available

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:20 pm

so now I'm being told that it has to be the restaurant that has to apply points at time of purchase. My waitress was clueless about this promo, so now I have a hassle to get my points. This has really turned me off from Gold Passport - customer service could easily just say "no problem, we will add points for you this time" instead of giving me the run-around all this time.

We're talking a few points here - I just bought a drink because I needed account activity.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:56 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by alchemista
so now I'm being told that it has to be the restaurant that has to apply points at time of purchase. My waitress was clueless about this promo, so now I have a hassle to get my points. This has really turned me off from Gold Passport - customer service could easily just say "no problem, we will add points for you this time" instead of giving me the run-around all this time.

We're talking a few points here - I just bought a drink because I needed account activity.
I am very sorry to hear about your frustration and the failure of Hyatt Gold Passport to step in and make things right.
I've noticed some minor slippage this year with customer service even to post something as simple as a Diamond amenity points bonus that hadn't previously posted.
It sometimes goes smoothly with the reps.It also depends on the experience of the agent.
Please be advised that some drinks like alcohol won't earn points at all from my understanding due to some local laws

Should your purchase be qualifying
My advice would be to call Hyatt Gold Passport and explain nicely to an agent and offer to fax in the receipt
If that fails ask for Hyatt Customer Service (some agents are cross trained) or last Guest Relations
And finally reaching out to the property either the accounting dept or front office.
If there is one thing I never fail to do it is keep the receipts and always get a slip showing it was somehow processed to your GP account if you can
Happy Holidays
Old Dec 19, 2015, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I am very sorry to hear about your frustration and the failure of Hyatt Gold Passport to step in and make things right.
I've noticed some minor slippage this year with customer service even to post something as simple as a Diamond amenity points bonus that hadn't previously posted.
It sometimes goes smoothly with the reps.It also depends on the experience of the agent.
Please be advised that some drinks like alcohol won't earn points at all from my understanding due to some local laws

Should your purchase be qualifying
My advice would be to call Hyatt Gold Passport and explain nicely to an agent and offer to fax in the receipt
If that fails ask for Hyatt Customer Service (some agents are cross trained) or last Guest Relations
And finally reaching out to the property either the accounting dept or front office.
If there is one thing I never fail to do it is keep the receipts and always get a slip showing it was somehow processed to your GP account if you can
Happy Holidays
Thanks for the concern. I've done all that, and been bounced around so many times it's ridiculous. At this point I need someone to give me some mercy points - which is all i need because I just was trying to get account activity.

btw - for others reading, although I've been told several different stories by Hyatt employees, it does seem like the proper way to do this is to make sure your Gold Passport # is entered at the time of purchase at one of these restaurants. If your waiter/ress has no idea about it (like mine did), don't leave and make sure it is added before you go. Otherwise, you will be in a world of pain (like I am) trying to get them re-added.

I cannot believe Hyatt would bounce somebody around like they are doing to me, especially over a few points!
Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by ToddHyattGoldPassport
Flyertalk members,

I wanted to let you know I am discontinuing the periodic updates on Flyertalk for those hotels participating in our benefit of earning and redeeming Hyatt Gold Passport points at our hotel restuarants and spas when your plans don't include an overnight stay.

You can get the most updated listing at www.hyatt.com/diningandspa

At this time we have completed 100% of our participating spas worldwide and are very close to completing restaurants in our hotels in North America. We hope to have all our participating hotel restaurants worldwide upgraded by the end of this year.
Thanks for all updates. Did you manage to get all restaurants aboard by end of 2013, or even today? I did request some credit at PH SGN, but as it never posted I checked your list to see only their Spa participates. Is this correct?
Or could it be that it was alcohol only?

In any case the pool bar at HR Danang had posted before I had time to check acct a couple hours later. Thats great efficiency.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skaya
Thanks for all updates. Did you manage to get all restaurants aboard by end of 2013, or even today? I did request some credit at PH SGN, but as it never posted I checked your list to see only their Spa participates. Is this correct?

In any case the pool bar at HR Danang had posted before I had time to check acct a couple hours later. Thats great efficiency.
Only exceptions I found on the linked list were Trinidad, Aruba, Melbourne and Sydney regarding restaurants. To be found as their Spa participated. There could be many others which doesnt have spa (as I think all spas are on the list) where restaurant isnt participating either.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:19 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Todd is no longer with Hyatt. I would think that Hyatt operated restaurants and spas all participate at this point, leased restaurants and spas probably don't. Whether or not it posts without intervention is a matter of training of the staff at the various properties - so it's YMMV. I recommend that you hold on to a receipt that can be submitted to GP if it doesn't post.

Were you staying at the HR Danang & PH Sgn? If you were a guest on property, signing the bill to your room do that its on the folio to be laid at check out ensures that you earn points for your activity, if it's not a leased facility.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Many properties do not give pts for alcohol even when it is booked to the room on the portfolio, so it is certainly possible that they might not give pts for alcohol as part of a dining-only credit.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 3:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by peteropny
Todd is no longer with Hyatt. I would think that Hyatt operated restaurants and spas all participate at this point, leased restaurants and spas probably don't. Whether or not it posts without intervention is a matter of training of the staff at the various properties - so it's YMMV. I recommend that you hold on to a receipt that can be submitted to GP if it doesn't post.

Were you staying at the HR Danang & PH Sgn? If you were a guest on property, signing the bill to your room do that its on the folio to be laid at check out ensures that you earn points for your activity, if it's not a leased facility.
Needed points on the acct of 2nd guest, not the one who would get stay credit.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:08 pm

Well, I've had a bad experience trying to get points under this promotion. I'm still hopeful that Hyatt will clear this up, but so far, no response.

About a week ago, I was hungry passing through the Orlando airport. Yelp! said the best food was McCoy's, the restaurant in the Hyatt. Fine. I went. I dined (not really that good, frankly) and the bill came. I gave the waitress my credit card and my Hyatt number for the points. She wasn't aware that I was due points for dining there, but said she'd figure it out.

After too long of a delay, she came back and informed me that rather than crediting me my points due (around 100) she had accidentally charged my bill (around $22) to the account, so 5,000 points were used to cover the charge. And I as all set! Thanks!

I quickly told her that this was not at all acceptable and I was, frankly, more than a little surprised that she could deduct points from my account so easily - no pin, password or even signature necessary. This is a loophole that is clearly waiting to be exploited. She had my full name on my credit card, and my number. That's on everyone's Chase Hyatt card, and in mail that comes all the time, etc. That really doesn't seem like a good idea. I'd put this in the category of a minor security risk, but still, one waiting to cause some headaches.

Anyway, she promised to reverse the points deduction and charge my card. So she left the table again. I checked my email and promptly found the "Your Recent Account Activity" email confirming that my points were gone.

After another long delay (I had time, so really no big deal) she came back with some screenshots on her phone and a whole long story about how it's all fine now and here's the credit card and the receipt to fill out for that.

And here we are, a week later. I've emailed Gold Passport twice (no responses yet, but the second email was only Friday) and my 5,000 points are still gone, as is my $26 (I even gave her a decent tip!).

I really don't want to have to call Hyatt and spend 45 minutes going through all of this, but I see that coming.

I'm still really shocked about how easy it was for her to yank those points from my account, and also still even charge me USD - I can't see how her computer could have let that happen.

Anyway, another hiccup in the life of trying to get the points that are due.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Michael Ad
Well, I've had a bad experience trying to get points under this promotion. I'm still hopeful that Hyatt will clear this up, but so far, no response.

About a week ago, I was hungry passing through the Orlando airport. Yelp! said the best food was McCoy's, the restaurant in the Hyatt. Fine. I went. I dined (not really that good, frankly) and the bill came. I gave the waitress my credit card and my Hyatt number for the points. She wasn't aware that I was due points for dining there, but said she'd figure it out.

After too long of a delay, she came back and informed me that rather than crediting me my points due (around 100) she had accidentally charged my bill (around $22) to the account, so 5,000 points were used to cover the charge. And I as all set! Thanks!

I quickly told her that this was not at all acceptable and I was, frankly, more than a little surprised that she could deduct points from my account so easily - no pin, password or even signature necessary. This is a loophole that is clearly waiting to be exploited. She had my full name on my credit card, and my number. That's on everyone's Chase Hyatt card, and in mail that comes all the time, etc. That really doesn't seem like a good idea. I'd put this in the category of a minor security risk, but still, one waiting to cause some headaches.

Anyway, she promised to reverse the points deduction and charge my card. So she left the table again. I checked my email and promptly found the "Your Recent Account Activity" email confirming that my points were gone.

After another long delay (I had time, so really no big deal) she came back with some screenshots on her phone and a whole long story about how it's all fine now and here's the credit card and the receipt to fill out for that.

And here we are, a week later. I've emailed Gold Passport twice (no responses yet, but the second email was only Friday) and my 5,000 points are still gone, as is my $26 (I even gave her a decent tip!).

I really don't want to have to call Hyatt and spend 45 minutes going through all of this, but I see that coming.

I'm still really shocked about how easy it was for her to yank those points from my account, and also still even charge me USD - I can't see how her computer could have let that happen.

Anyway, another hiccup in the life of trying to get the points that are due.
yes, clearly staff is not trained on how to actually work this part of the program.

Hyatt - please train your staff.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:23 pm

Sorry to hear about the issue
Call the actual restaurant manager
He or she is likely to reverse the transaction and credit you your points
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:02 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I had a similar experience at Grand Hyatt San Antonio. I wanted to earn points for dining at their restaurant. By mistake, they charged the bill to my account and deducted points.

IME, email and phone are slow, frustrating methods to resolve problems with points. I must prefer a private message to Gold Passport Concierge, right here on FlyerTalk. Those folks are quick and accurate. (That's probably because they get lots of practice: with 8 stays so far this year, I had to contact Hyatt to correct the posting on 7 of those stays.)

I think you'll be happy with the service from Gold Passport Concierge.
Originally Posted by Michael Ad

Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:59 am

I always prefer email to phone, but I finally called, and they fixed it while I was on the phone.

As a follow-up, the restaurant manager also emailed and apologized and gave me bonus points. She also promised to do some more training for her staff. Sounds good.

All resolved.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Does anyone know if this will still be an option under WoH? I'd like to make sure my account is considered active so I can transfer points.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Calcifer
Does anyone know if this will still be an option under WoH? I'd like to make sure my account is considered active so I can transfer points.
If I understand your question correctly
There has been no mention or announcement that the earning and redemption benefit for dining without stays will end in the new "World Of Hyatt"
Appears to be ongoing without an end date
My contact at Hyatt has confirmed this

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 2, 2017 at 11:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.