Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Points Earning / Redemption for Dining / Spa - Locations now available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points Earning / Redemption for Dining / Spa - Locations now available

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:43 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there a fax number to send in a copy of the dining receipt to get credit for purchases after leaving the hotel?
An Ambassador pleasure to assist
This is the number I have been using and sharing with any folks that email or private message me for spa and dining transactions that don't post.
Based on my previous experiences the phones may be ringing consistently

(402)593-9449
Cheers
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:24 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Is this list up to date?...

http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/offers/pon-promo.jsp
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:50 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Tried crediting pts for last night's dinner at Grand Hyatt Erawan. Dunno if it was my Gold Passport or my HK credit card but the whole payment process dragged on for 20 minutes. Uncle tore into the waitress but didn't seem to help much.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:09 pm

Sorry to bring back up an old thread, but I was wondering if this is still current?

Do we still earn points for dining in restaurants if we aren't staying on property? Also, if we do earn points, are those base points that we're earning?

Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by ang2383
Sorry to bring back up an old thread, but I was wondering if this is still current?

Do we still earn points for dining in restaurants if we aren't staying on property? Also, if we do earn points, are those base points that we're earning?

Thanks!
Yes this is still current at participating locations, which can be checked at:

http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/offers/pon-promo.jsp

I have gotten points for bakery purchases after checkout at HR Osaka (their bakery is now closed) and HR Kyoto by showing my GP No. from the checkout folio, and those pts have posted quicker than the pts for the stay.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:39 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by ang2383

Thanks!
Yes, but many properties still do not post properly. Be sure to keep your receipt, you'll need to submit it if you want GP CS to post it manually.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Yes this is still current at participating locations, which can be checked at:

http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/offers/pon-promo.jsp

and those pts have posted quicker than the pts for the stay.
Sometimes same night too, from my experiences, at the Deli, GH Seoul and restaurants at PH Busan.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:09 pm

Thanks so much OsakaWino, Peteropny and Aventine!
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Just to confirm redemption method

Hello All,

I am not a frequent GP user and had some meagre points from few stays long back. They will expire soon (or atleast the mail I received says so) and hence thought of redeeming those for restaurant use (I am aware it terrible value, but considering the options for Cat 2 hotels), I think better to use it than let it expire !..
So I was reading the way to redeem in restaurant and it states :
When visiting a participating restaurant or spa, at the time of payment, member may request to use Hyatt Gold Passport points as a form of payment. Associate will share dining & spa award chart and member will specify which award and corresponding points they choose to redeem. The Associate will be able to advise the total dollar value available on the receipt that may be paid for by points based on member's current point balance.
UNQUOTE

While I have online access to my account, I don't have the physical card with me . Hope that is not a problem ?
Also, I assume they will do conversion of USD into local currency based on prevailing rate or local property will have their own conversion table ?

Appreciate advise.
Thanks, Abhi
Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
While I have online access to my account, I don't have the physical card with me . Hope that is not a problem ?
I don't know anything about redemption, but when earning points for dining I have never had the card with me, just my GP No. and it has been no problem.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:25 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Hello All,

I am not a frequent GP user and had some meagre points from few stays long back. They will expire soon (or atleast the mail I received says so) and hence thought of redeeming those for restaurant use (I am aware it terrible value, but considering the options for Cat 2 hotels), I think better to use it than let it expire !..
So I was reading the way to redeem in restaurant and it states :
When visiting a participating restaurant or spa, at the time of payment, member may request to use Hyatt Gold Passport points as a form of payment. Associate will share dining & spa award chart and member will specify which award and corresponding points they choose to redeem. The Associate will be able to advise the total dollar value available on the receipt that may be paid for by points based on member's current point balance.
UNQUOTE

Also, I assume they will do conversion of USD into local currency based on prevailing rate or local property will have their own conversion table ?

Appreciate advise.
Thanks, Abhi
Warm Greetings to you in Moscow!

The account number along with photo ID (if requested) should be no problem to redeem at any participating property
Personally I rarely do any kind of conversion internationally as it never seems to work out in my favor
Having said that I would check with the individual hotels accounting office to be certain.

In my decades of experience
this varies from property to property with some properties being responsible and fair and others not so much
In the past and just one example when I have asked Gold Passport these questions I have received conflicting and incorrect information as to how Hyatt Gift Checks
(which are sold in US dollars) would be converted to local foreign currency in the country I was visiting.
For that reason be clear at the property level with the appropriate individuals so there can be no disappointments after a hopefully delightful dining experience

As one final note
it doesn't take much effort to extend the shelf life of your point balance in your account for something more exciting to redeem for down the road
All you have to do is have an eligible transaction once every two years
Have a salad at a hotel,purchase some points online, redeem points. As along as you are transacting the points once every 24 months the will be protected for years
Hyatt Gold Passport is one of those programs where there is still much value to be found even if it isn't like the good old days
Thanks for the question
Cheers
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:05 am

I am having a lot of difficulty getting my points for eating at an eligible property while not a guest (Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center). Nobody seems to know how to give me my points. I've been told so many different things:

1. CSR on phone said to email the receipt to Gold Passport (did that, got a response weeks later saying I need to go to the hotel)

2. CSR on phone told me that you can't earn points while not a guest (completely wrong according to this post and website)

3. Hotel lobby had no idea, said the restaurant should handle it.

4. Restaurant staff (when I dined) had no idea about it, but I didn't press it because I was told I should email my receipt.

5. I called back and a restaurant staff said they would figure it out, but never called me back.

How the heck do I get my points? I need point activity to extend my account expiration.

Thank you
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by alchemista
I am having a lot of difficulty getting my points for eating at an eligible property while not a guest (Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center). Nobody seems to know how to give me my points. I've been told so many different things:

1. CSR on phone said to email the receipt to Gold Passport (did that, got a response weeks later saying I need to go to the hotel)

2. CSR on phone told me that you can't earn points while not a guest (completely wrong according to this post and website)

3. Hotel lobby had no idea, said the restaurant should handle it.

4. Restaurant staff (when I dined) had no idea about it, but I didn't press it because I was told I should email my receipt.

5. I called back and a restaurant staff said they would figure it out, but never called me back.

How the heck do I get my points? I need point activity to extend my account expiration.

Thank you
Private Message the Gold Passport Concierge staff here on Flyertalk, advice would be to ask for an email address where you can send a scan of the receipt). FWIW, I'm sure an experienced agent can do it since my 6 or so dines at the local HR had to be posted manually by my Private Line Agent.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Private Message the Gold Passport Concierge staff here on Flyertalk, advice would be to ask for an email address where you can send a scan of the receipt). FWIW, I'm sure an experienced agent can do it since my 6 or so dines at the local HR had to be posted manually by my Private Line Agent.
I'm guessing that is their username "Gold Passport Concierge" ? I sent a PM there but am not sure that's what you meant.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by alchemista
I'm guessing that is their username "Gold Passport Concierge" ? I sent a PM there but am not sure that's what you meant.
Yes correct - that is their handle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.