Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Points Earning / Redemption for Dining / Spa - Locations now available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points Earning / Redemption for Dining / Spa - Locations now available

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
When do you think we'll find more properties participating in this program? I've recently dined at the Park Hyatt Tokyo's NY Grill (think Lost in Translation) and was displeased to find that the $1K USD dinner wasn't eligible to earn points...

Seems many properties are very slow to jump on this bandwagon. I wonder if it's an IT issue or something more.. permanent.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
A Way to Extend Life of Existing Point Balance?

Does getting a few points for dining at my local Hyatt (it's on the list) automatically extend the life of my existing points?

(I read in the FAQ that Hyatt has the right to delete points, but in practice doesn't usually do that...dining there would just be insurance.)
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:50 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Does getting a few points for dining at my local Hyatt (it's on the list) automatically extend the life of my existing points?

(I read in the FAQ that Hyatt has the right to delete points, but in practice doesn't usually do that...dining there would just be insurance.)
Yes since that would be activity on the account.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes since that would be activity on the account.
Thank you for the quick reply, peteropny! I think it's getting close to time for lunch
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat

I recently stumbled upon an old Hyatt account that I had not used in well over 10 years, and the points were still sitting there. Your points will last longer than a package of Twinkies.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Hi Todd,

I recently dined at PH Tokyo and submitted a request for points based on this thread. I was sent a response indicating that Park Hyatt Tokyo was not eligible and sent the following website (http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/offers/pon-promo.jsp) which only lists the Grand Hyatt Tokyo (for any type of earn/burn).

Can you clarify which list is right?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Instead of starting a new thread, I figured I'd piggyback my general question on this one, as it seems somewhat relevant.

In earning the 5X base points for stays, do you also earn 5 points per $ spent on the room taxes?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:45 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Instead of starting a new thread, I figured I'd piggyback my general question on this one, as it seems somewhat relevant.

In earning the 5X base points for stays, do you also earn 5 points per $ spent on the room taxes?
Generally no - but mistakes do happen.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:08 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Why would anyone use points to pay for spa or restaurant charges? The redemption rates are horrible.

It costs $960 to buy 40,000 points.

To redeem 40,000 points at a spa or restaurant you get $300.

It makes no sense to me.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:47 pm
Company Rep - Hyatt Gift Cards & Hyatt Nights
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport
Flyertalk members,

I wanted to let you know I am discontinuing the periodic updates on Flyertalk for those hotels participating in our benefit of earning and redeeming Hyatt Gold Passport points at our hotel restuarants and spas when your plans don't include an overnight stay.

You can get the most updated listing at www.hyatt.com/diningandspa

At this time we have completed 100% of our participating spas worldwide and are very close to completing restaurants in our hotels in North America. We hope to have all our participating hotel restaurants worldwide upgraded by the end of this year.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL DM, UA Gold, WOH Glob, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by ToddHyattGoldPassport
JackE,

If you are already a guest of the hotel and your GP number is on your reservation, just charge your meal (or spa treatment) to your room and the points will be added to your account through your stay.

Only when you are visiting a participating Hyatt restaurant or spa, and not staying overnight at the hotel, do you need to provide your GP number.
Assuming the GP member needs to be present for dining award redemption in restaurants? Any possibility of gifting awards to family members who are traveling?
Old Oct 20, 2012, 8:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So the price of this "benefit" is the elimination of GoldPassport Passport Escape awards? It seems so.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:11 am
Company Rep - Hyatt Gift Cards & Hyatt Nights
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Supercub17
Assuming the GP member needs to be present for dining award redemption in restaurants? Any possibility of gifting awards to family members who are traveling?
Supercub17. At this time the option to gift points to family members while they are traveling for use in the restaurant in spa is not available. To redeem points while at a hotel does require the actual account member to be present.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:17 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Exclamation When an expected Eligible earning rate in Gold Passport becomes Ineligible

Greetings All,

To those Gold Passport members that may be interested
When attempting to earn points in the Dining and Spa without stay program
"Properties that participate cannot and will not issue GP points when paying with" Hyatt Gift Cards or Hyatt Checks"

This is due to an odd term and condition
in Gold Passport rules.
This information has been lightly mentioned in some blogs however it’s not that easily known when calling Hyatt Gold Passport and asking due to training and coaching.
Some of the restaurant management and team remain confused as to what most of the rules are let alone post them properly/consistently.
This may explain perhaps why many of my dining transactions have not posted. However it doesn’t explain for the meals that were paid by credit card that also didn’t post.

It's disappointing IMO that Hyatt’s very own currency is worthless when trying to earn Gold Passport points in their very own program.
Only paying cash or using your credit/debit card for your meal or spa treatment will count to earn points.
At the end of the day I find it ironic that Hyatt’s very own currency becomes useless but paying with my Marriott Visa
to earn Gold Passport points to earn points for meals and spa treatment without stays is ok.
Shouldn’t Hyatt value its own Gift Card currency?
After all they sell it and have an interest free cash flow until a member redeems if they ever do!

Now before I sound to harsh on Hyatt to be fair there may be some reasons beyond Hyatt possibly being shortsighted in this rule.
There may very well be internal system limitations or other reasons at present they cannot process these.
But I am just the only one scratching his head as to just what were they thinking when they laid the ground rules on this one?
Nowhere is there a disclaimer on Hyatt gift cards or checks that let purchasers or recipients know they are ineligible for Gold Passport Points unless checked in for a stay.
Poor rule aside the transparency is really lacking outside of the website and in need of improvement/greater transparency should the rule continue to exist.
Especially when selling gift cards and checks to the general public and Gold Passport membership base
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there a fax number to send in a copy of the dining receipt to get credit for purchases after leaving the hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.