Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

booked 7 days hotel du louvre, used GSU, need to split for LONDON 2 days??

Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP

anything i can do other than double booking for a night?

my wife booked a week, and it looks like there wont be enough to keep my kids occupied in paris. never been there.

was gonna break up the trip and stay 2 days, 1 night in london.

anything i can do other than biting the bullet and booking 2 rooms for 1 night in london? while keeping the room in paris.. ???
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by broncophil

my wife booked a week, and it looks like there wont be enough to keep my kids occupied in paris. never been there.

anything i can do other than biting the bullet and booking 2 rooms for 1 night in london? while keeping the room in paris.. ???
LOL you've never been to Paris and you think there's not enough to keep you or kids busy for a week? That's about the craziest thing I've heard in 2020. Paris has enough to keep you and your kids busy for a month. Simple solution: save London for another week (plenty to do for a week in London, too.) Unless all you care about is a picture in front of Buckingham Palace then 1 night isn't nearly enough to experience London anyway.

You'll have to bite the bullet. Make sure the hotel in Paris knows what you are doing or they might check you out.... some will argue (not me) that you are violating the Hyatt T&C's by being in two places at once and not physically occupying the room in Paris (while stay getting stay credit for it).
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist

Personally I wouldn't go to London just for 1 night and return, especially taking kids along, How much can you accomplish in 2 half days and 1 night in London? You can take day trips from Paris to .any number of places. Mont St. Michel or Bayeaux for D-Day Beaches.
broncophil likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
My kids are 7 and 5, and they would be bored with 7 days in Paris, but that would not be alleviated by two days in London. My kids would like the train ride to London (at least the first 30 minutes of being on a cool train), but London would be old buildings and no waterpark just like Paris is old buildings and no water park.

My two cents: If a dozen museums and a bunch of old buildings won't keep the kids occupied, I'd google "day trips from Paris" and bop around on the train or rent a car for a day or two to get outside the city.

Edit to add for your original question: I've never had luck getting one TSU used for a split stay, so you'd have to use two, and I would certainly let the hotel know that we would miss a night but keeping the room.
broncophil likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
A couple of things that have been a hit for my now 5 year old daughter:
Cité des enfants - Permanent exhibitions - Explore - Cité des sciences et de l'industrie
Home | Jardin d'Acclimatation

also...
https://www.mnhn.fr/en
https://www.centerparcs.eu/in-en/vil...ture-paris-day

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Paris is old buildings and no water park.
https://www.aquaboulevard.fr/
broncophil and DeeGee26.2 like this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You stay that one night in London at ANY other chain. No issues...
broncophil likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I hate to say it, but for kids there also is Disney. . .
broncophil likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:29 pm

if your kids cant do a week in paris, they are either spoiled brats or you arent trying hard enough. maybe both.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
This thread made me laugh.

What about all those kids who live in Paris year around?

There are tons of parks. The Eiffel Tower could take up a day. Let 'em play on the square in front of Notre Dame and make their own fun.

https://www.earthtrekkers.com/paris-with-kids/
https://pintsizepilot.com/things-to-...ris-with-kids/

Have fun in Paris and save London for another trip.
(Or is this REALLY about YOU thinking you'll get bored?)
broncophil and mctaste like this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Oh, and one of my favorite Paris things is a visit to Galeries Lafayette. They have a toy department! And a rooftop with views! And a cafeteria!
broncophil likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:40 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by mctaste
if your kids cant do a week in paris, they are either spoiled brats or you arent trying hard enough. maybe both.
Wow, since you are new to FT you should know that we aren't here to flame posters, but to offer insight and advice. Your post adds nothing to this conversation. Provide examples of things to do or don't post.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hotturnip
This thread made me laugh.

What about all those kids who live in Paris year around?

There are tons of parks. The Eiffel Tower could take up a day. Let 'em play on the square in front of Notre Dame and make their own fun.

https://www.earthtrekkers.com/paris-with-kids/
https://pintsizepilot.com/things-to-...ris-with-kids/

Have fun in Paris and save London for another trip.
(Or is this REALLY about YOU thinking you'll get bored?)
haha. Ok i admit. I might get bored but, i was mainly thinking of the kids. 4 boys. 4, 11, 13, 15
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mctaste
thx, no disney. We did disney japan last year and live in socal. Kinda disneyed out
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
LOL you've never been to Paris and you think there's not enough to keep you or kids busy for a week? That's about the craziest thing I've heard in 2020. Paris has enough to keep you and your kids busy for a month. Simple solution: save London for another week (plenty to do for a week in London, too.) Unless all you care about is a picture in front of Buckingham Palace then 1 night isn't nearly enough to experience London anyway.

You'll have to bite the bullet. Make sure the hotel in Paris knows what you are doing or they might check you out.... some will argue (not me) that you are violating the Hyatt T&C's by being in two places at once and not physically occupying the room in Paris (while stay getting stay credit for it).
thanks. Super informative. Didnt know that i might be violating tcs
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
thanks. Super informative. Didnt know that i might be violating tcs
You aren't violating anything by leaving an empty room for a night, only to come back later. It's very common with consultants on long term assignment with a client, etc.

A recent thread that got people all worked up involved somebody forcing their employee to stay in a room booked under the name of the boss. Not at all the same thing.

Being booked into another Hyatt for the same night is the only thing that would cause issues. Even then it's not "you're out of WoH because you violated T&Cs" but simply a mess to get your points / night credit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.