Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Markie
Originally Posted by peteropny
This thread will not be locked but please keep commentary on the individual promotions in their specific thread.
Feel free to give comments on this sticky in this thread or point out promotions that we may have missed. However, at some point, we may delete posts so that this sticky remains "clean", please do not be offended.
(also feel free to edit this wiki to list current promos and remove outdated ones -- anyone with 90 days and 90 posts should be able to edit the wiki).
Can we please not remove promos until they are over > 1 month, to allow people chasing points etc easy access.

Current EMEA promo; 24% off at 143 participating properties, includes breakfast book Jan 5 - Jan 29 2024: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/promo/member-private-sale?
1 Jul - 15 Sept 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ul-15-sep.html

New global promo, 1 Oct - 30 Nov 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...00-points.html

FT link to add'l codes/promos here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...corporate.html
1,000 ETIHAD miles in addition to Hyatt Base Miles - 1.2.24 to 30.3.24 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...cQaQDBRnpXOi0g

Print Wikipost

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Nice promotion, but not the double EQN that I was hoping for and discussed with you. I'll take it and I'll be making plans to get 24 more nights for this year to hit Globalist. My understanding is that 24 EQNs from 2020 will automatically carry over into 2021. So does that mean I'll be 6 nights from organically hitting Explorist, which will give me some sort of milestone award?
Yes, exactly so long as those 24 nights take place after 10/1.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Yes, exactly so long as those 24 nights take place after 10/1.
I think I read that the redemption award was extended as well? I'm sort of conflicted whether to take advantage of the five night and get one free plus the points rebate. Cash rates are low and will get me EQNs for 2021. It'll also incrementally get me closer to LT status. What are you planning to do?
Old Sep 9, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
https://onemileatatime.com/world-of-...=MilesFeed.com

Basically extended the current promo. 4x for those with Hyatt CC. Nights earned during this promo roll over next year.

Too bad I'm already 100 nights for the year, without more milestone it doesnt make sense to keep staying at Hyatt just for the rollover nights.
I would have liked Chase and Hyatt to count all CC spend toward base points like what AMEX and Hilton is doing.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 7:12 pm

I think I read that the redemption award was extended as well? I'm sort of conflicted whether to take advantage of the five night and get one free plus the points rebate. Cash rates are low and will get me EQNs for 2021. It'll also incrementally get me closer to LT status. What are you planning to do?
5 nights and one free?? What’s that offer?

I have probably 4 nights on points the rest paying cash rates. A couple Prive’ bookings with the 3rd Night Free which is good and bad since I could be using that 3rd night as a Rollover night, but I guess it’s better it’s “Free”.

Might book more now that the rollover is happening though in addition to the 3x and rebate. I also have a stay over New Year’s which is sad because it could count for 2020 and 2021, but it’ll only count for 2020. On the upside to that it’s checking out within the 1/4 3x end date so that helps a lot as I didn’t expect it!
Old Sep 9, 2020, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have probably 4 nights on points the rest paying cash rates. A couple Prive’ bookings with the 3rd Night Free which is good and bad since I could be using that 3rd night as a Rollover night, but I guess it’s better it’s “Free”.

Might book more now that the rollover is happening though in addition to the 3x and rebate. I also have a stay over New Year’s which is sad because it could count for 2020 and 2021, but it’ll only count for 2020. On the upside to that it’s checking out within the 1/4 3x end date so that helps a lot as I didn’t expect it!
Doesn't Hyatt have something similar to Marriott where if you redeem points for a 4/5 night stay, you'll get one free?
Old Sep 9, 2020, 9:56 pm

Doesn't Hyatt have something similar to Marriott where if you redeem points for a 4/5 night stay, you'll get one free?
Nope lol.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 9:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott

Won't your stay over 31 December count towards 2021 status anyway, rather than 2020? Traditionally, it's the check-out date that counts towards qualification and stays beginning on 31 December or earlier with a check-out of 1 January or later count in the latter year.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope lol.
​​​​​​
lol! Oops! I thought Hyatt had something similar. I guess it's only Hilton and Marriott with a 4/5 night stay on points and get one free then.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Won't your stay over 31 December count towards 2021 status anyway, rather than 2020? Traditionally, it's the check-out date that counts towards qualification and stays beginning on 31 December or earlier with a check-out of 1 January or later count in the latter year.
It will count for 2021, not 2020. So using verbiage “additional elite night” would be incorrect as it’s not in addition to anything. Which is why the article from One Mile At A Time didn’t use that terminology, instead they used an example of October to December 31st.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm looking for comments on which way to go with regards to the upcoming promotion. I can't decide whether to go with paid stays or take advantage of the points rebate on award stays. I'm currently an Explorist and I need 24 more nights to qualify for Globalist. I'm looking at a Category 3 property in October that have average cash rates of $142.87/night with taxes with the pay 3 nights and get 4th night free promotion. I'm leaning on paying for my stays with my Chase Hyatt card as earning 20+ points per dollar sounds like an amazing return. What would you guys do?

Last edited by lsquare; Sep 10, 2020 at 12:47 am
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
https://onemileatatime.com/world-of-...=MilesFeed.com

Basically extended the current promo. 4x for those with Hyatt CC. Nights earned during this promo roll over next year.

Too bad I'm already 100 nights for the year, without more milestone it doesnt make sense to keep staying at Hyatt just for the rollover nights.
DoC said the triple points are base points, which if true will count towards LT status right? Yet OMAAT doesn't say anything about whether it's base points or not.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:28 am

I'm looking for comments on which way to go with regards to the upcoming promotion. I can't decide whether to go with paid stays or take advantage of the points rebate on award stays. I'm currently an Explorist and I need 24 more nights to qualify for Globalist. I'm looking at a Category 3 property in October that have average cash rates of $142.87/night with taxes with the pay 3 nights and get 4th night free promotion. I'm leaning on paying for my stays with my Chase Hyatt card as earning 20+ points per dollar sounds like an amazing return. What would you guys do?
I would highly recommend the cash rate. I would never do the points redemption with less than a 1.5 cent use per point. Also it makes an even better case for the cash rate that you have a WOH Credit Card.

The only factor that would influence my decision in your case as an Explorist would be if there was a daily parking charge as it’s being waived on points rates. But if that charge was less than $40/day I’d recommend cash, over $40/day then go with points. If that makes sense.

DoC said the triple points are base points, which if true will count towards LT status right? Yet OMAAT doesn't say anything about whether it's base points or not.
Triple Points are not base points and only the actual 5 points per dollar count.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would highly recommend the cash rate. I would never do the points redemption with less than a 1.5 cent use per point. Also it makes an even better case for the cash rate that you have a WOH Credit Card.

The only factor that would influence my decision in your case as an Explorist would be if there was a daily parking charge as it’s being waived on points rates. But if that charge was less than $40/day I’d recommend cash, over $40/day then go with points. If that makes sense.

Triple Points are not base points and only the actual 5 points per dollar count.
Parking is actually much cheaper than that. The Hyatt have a park and stay rate that's like $20 more. Seems like a no brainer to pay the cash rate. I still gotta find a good way to redeem my points for good value.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:16 am

Parking is actually much cheaper than that. The Hyatt have a park and stay rate that's like $20 more. Seems like a no brainer to pay the cash rate. I still gotta find a good way to redeem my points for good value.
I bank them for future stays or purposely stay at good Cat 1’s. For example I planned a 4 night stay in Dallas at a good Cat 1 Hyatt House. Flight was $120 Roundtrip for 3 people and it’s only 5k a night, after the rebate that’s 15k points total plus 4 Elite Nights added. Great short staycation on a budget.

Otherwise just bank them and use them next year. As a Globalist (once you hit it) you’ll want them for Award Stays for complimentary parking as Hyatt likely won’t continue the complimentary parking through all of 2021. They may do it in one or two quarters just to bring up business but unlikely it’ll be all year next year as that’s a revenue maker for properties. Another good use is Guest of Honor stays which are only bookable as Award Stays.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I bank them for future stays or purposely stay at good Cat 1’s. For example I planned a 4 night stay in Dallas at a good Cat 1 Hyatt House. Flight was $120 Roundtrip for 3 people and it’s only 5k a night, after the rebate that’s 15k points total plus 4 Elite Nights added. Great short staycation on a budget.

Otherwise just bank them and use them next year. As a Globalist (once you hit it) you’ll want them for Award Stays for complimentary parking as Hyatt likely won’t continue the complimentary parking through all of 2021. They may do it in one or two quarters just to bring up business but unlikely it’ll be all year next year as that’s a revenue maker for properties. Another good use is Guest of Honor stays which are only bookable as Award Stays.
I agree. I think redeeming them for Cat 1s is probably the way forward. India apparently have some of these properties so that's something for me to consider. This is crazy because I could have swear I read somewhere in the past that Hyatt had something similar to Marriott and Hilton where if I redeem points for a 4 or 5 night stay, I'll get one free. I was planning to use it for that purpose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.