Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Q3 promotion - double points in EMEA and APAC 1 Jul-15 Sep,

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:55 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...le-points.html
Earn 2X Points
Earn double points starting with your second qualifying stay at participating hotels in Europe, Africa, the Middle East & Asia Pacific.

From tropical jungles and pristine beaches in the lands of eternal summer, and spectacular harbor views of the Southern Seas, to the historical wonders of Europe and desertscapes of the Middle East, embrace the distinctive sights of unfamiliar destinations.

As you discover new horizons, reward your spirit of adventure. Register to earn double points, up to 25,000 points, starting with your second qualifying stay at 400+ participating hotels in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.

Register by July 31, 2023, and then complete your qualifying stays between July 1 and September 15, 2023, to unlock your rewards.
thirdpassport and Sophoclefr like this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:57 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Copying the original T&C for reference purposes, should Hyatt change like with last promo…

Terms & Conditions

You must be a member of World of Hyatt in good standing and register for the promotion between June 15, 2023 and July 31, 2023 to participate. To join World of Hyatt and to register for the promotion, visit www.hyatt.com/doublepoints. Only Eligible Stays that begin after registration and are completed between July 1, 2023 and September 15, 2023 (“Promotion Period”) will count towards this promotion. All Eligible Stays must be completed by September 15, 2023 in order for them to count in this promotion.

Double Points Offer:

Beginning on your second Eligible Stay after registration and during the Promotion Period, you will receive double points per Eligible Stay at participating Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) properties, and Lindblad expeditions in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific. A maximum of 25,000 Bonus Points may be earned under this promotion. For a property to be participating in the promotion, it needs to be participating in World of Hyatt at the time of the member’s stay. All points awarded under this promotion are Bonus Points. Only base points are doubled. If a member chooses to earn Bonus Miles or MGM Rewards tier credits, the bonus will be awarded in World of Hyatt Bonus Points. For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Stay” is defined as any stay where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award. For purposes of this promotion, consecutive nights at the same hotel constitute one stay (even if you check out and check back in). Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this promotion. You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number at the time of check in for each stay. Please allow two to three weeks after checkout for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account. Except as expressly stated, this promotion is not valid with other offers, promotions or discounts. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. You must be a World of Hyatt member at the time of reservation and stay to qualify and must provide your membership number and be a registered guest of the room. This offer may be altered or withdrawn at any time without notice. Where required, an alternate offer of similar value will be offered. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. Hyatt®, World of Hyatt®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. ©2023 Hyatt International Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Strangely, each account I register says it’s already registered. Only one is Globalist with concierge.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
It’s annoying that this is both a regional promotion AND only applies starting from your second stay.

I also assume that the first stay does not need to be in the promo regions… the FAQ says:

I have registered for the promotion and have a stay on June 30, 2023 with a checkout on July 1, 2023. Will the stay count towards the promotion?
Yes, all Eligible Stays with a checkout date during the Promotion Period will count towards the promotion.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 3:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I hate these starting on second stay promos. Last promo I did one night at a HR and then switched to a longish stay at an Andaz to stack up the points.

Unfortunately this promo, my first stay is at a Park Hyatt in Dubai that I've paid w cash so won't get bonus points. I'm missing a 4 week trip in US where I'm staying almost all in Hyatts and not get bonus points. Oh well.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 3:31 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I also assume that the first stay does not need to be in the promo regions…
I don't know that one can assume that ...

The FAQ also states, "Beginning on your second Eligible Stay after registration at participating hotels for stays completed between July 1, 2023 and September 15, 2023, you'll receive double points."
GUWonder and notquiteaff like this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skj
I don't know that one can assume that ...

The FAQ also states, "Beginning on your second Eligible Stay after registration at participating hotels for stays completed between July 1, 2023 and September 15, 2023, you'll receive double points."
Hyatt really aren’t helping themselves with their ambiguous usage of specific terms.
GUWonder and notquiteaff like this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Damn non-US markets get all the good promos

(written with tongue in cheek, knowing that US WoH members get a ton of benefits not available to members in other parts of the world )
Old Jun 18, 2023, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
What if my first stay in the EMEA and APAC regions is an award stay?
Old Jun 18, 2023, 5:45 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
What if my first stay in the EMEA and APAC regions is an award stay?
Did you look at the T&CS posted above? An award stay is an Eligible Stay.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:03 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Copying the original T&C for reference purposes, should Hyatt change like with last promo…
IIRC they didn't change the T&C wording last time. Rather the promo had an FAQ which tried to simplify the T&C's, and one of the FAQ's was updated.

Can't register though, get the below error.

Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:23 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have an expensive stay in Zurich in July, but it’s the first stay. Oh well….
Old Jun 18, 2023, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
So no Q3 promo for anyone staying in the US or Latin America?
Old Jun 18, 2023, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Nope.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Matt4200

Apparently demand is not an issue here? That seems to be the logical conclusion to me.
Markie and JoeWoodstock like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.