Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Markie
Originally Posted by peteropny
This thread will not be locked but please keep commentary on the individual promotions in their specific thread.
Feel free to give comments on this sticky in this thread or point out promotions that we may have missed. However, at some point, we may delete posts so that this sticky remains "clean", please do not be offended.
(also feel free to edit this wiki to list current promos and remove outdated ones -- anyone with 90 days and 90 posts should be able to edit the wiki).
Can we please not remove promos until they are over > 1 month, to allow people chasing points etc easy access.

Current EMEA promo; 24% off at 143 participating properties, includes breakfast book Jan 5 - Jan 29 2024: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/promo/member-private-sale?
1 Jul - 15 Sept 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ul-15-sep.html

New global promo, 1 Oct - 30 Nov 23 here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...00-points.html

FT link to add'l codes/promos here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...corporate.html
1,000 ETIHAD miles in addition to Hyatt Base Miles - 1.2.24 to 30.3.24 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...cQaQDBRnpXOi0g

Print Wikipost

Current Hyatt Promotions (announcements only)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
So nothing yet for March, right?

My March travel can go to Marriott, and I guess that'll make sense since they've got a double night credit deal on.
Nothing yet - and Bonus Journeys is only around for the next two weeks (unless it gets extended again).

I’ll be a little surprised if Hyatt doesn’t run a promo from 3/1. For the last few months they have (in my view) been the most generous hotel program in terms of point earning and elite qualification. Going from being “outstanding” to not offering any promo at all, right as people start to plan for travel/life in a world with a COVID vaccine and more accessible testing, would be a strange move.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Nothing yet - and Bonus Journeys is only around for the next two weeks (unless it gets extended again).

I’ll be a little surprised if Hyatt doesn’t run a promo from 3/1. For the last few months they have (in my view) been the most generous hotel program in terms of point earning and elite qualification. Going from being “outstanding” to not offering any promo at all, right as people start to plan for travel/life in a world with a COVID vaccine and more accessible testing, would be a strange move.
Well, in that case, I'll be taking my business elsewhere

For this big travel restart, my plan is largely to be less blindly loyal. I'll still stay in chain hotels largely, but among the chains, where possible, I'm taking the best deal.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

IIRC historically their Spring Promo usually runs starting on the 15th so I’d guess something would run 3/15-5/15 or 5/3. But unlikely to be an extension of the current extremely generous offers.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 11:18 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriot gold, hyatt globalist
they kinda gambled on loyalty by basically giving away tons of globalists & prob hoping retention will happen with those plus an exclusivity that'll turn heads....clearly spitballing...but cant imagine them going on with making almost every guest globalist for the next 1.5yr+
Old Feb 18, 2021, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by fielder
they kinda gambled on loyalty by basically giving away tons of globalists & prob hoping retention will happen with those plus an exclusivity that'll turn heads....clearly spitballing...but cant imagine them going on with making almost every guest globalist for the next 1.5yr+
Time will tell.

For me personally I made Globalist in 2018 through MS (Manufactured Spend) through the WOH CC. It’s a really grueling process that takes months and a lot of time that I wouldn’t recommend to anyone. But if that method didn’t exist I would’ve never made Globalist.

Why I bring this up is that in 2019 and 2020 I requalified for Globalist with 0 MS and qualified fully through achieving 60+ Nights. I was more inclined to stay and achieve the 60 Nights a year because I was already a Globalist and during those 60+ nights a year I could enjoy the benefits therein.

I’m guessing that this is Hyatt’s endgame would be to let many get a taste of Globalist and that would encourage them to requalify.

Additionally, many see it as “30 Nights to Globalist or 15 Nights before 2/28 for Globalist!”

While this may be the case many of those people who newly qualify for Globalist at 15-30 Nights stayed they are more than likely going to end up staying 40-60 (or more nights) in 2021.

Why? So they can enjoy Globalist Benefits on stays past 30 Nights. I’ve already read numerous threads where people are asking when nights will post because they have stays planned for March to use their newly minted Globalist benefits.

Just my two cents.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 4:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fielder
I think you’re probably overestimating the number of people who would

a) know about the promo
b) have signed up before it expires
c) consider it a good value proposal (or even a sane proposal)
d) be willing and / or able to travel mid pandemic - business travel is significantly down, many people are undergoing extreme financial hardship, people in high risk health categories or who are under quarantine orders if they travel, plus the - very reasonable - chunk of the population who think it’s generally not advisable to travel during a pandemic

Based on FlyerTalk and points blogs you’d think that EVERYONE has been mattress running and gunning for globalist over the past few months. This is a super biased representation of the population. Most sane people wouldn’t even consider mattress runs. FlyerTallers are a special bunch.
UA-NYC, synergistic, hp12c and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Based on FlyerTalk and points blogs you’d think that EVERYONE has been mattress running and gunning for globalist over the past few months. This is a super biased representation of the population. Most sane people wouldn’t even consider mattress runs. FlyerTallers are a special bunch.
As always, the plural of anecdotes does not equal data
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Basically, on the low end, these mattress running would be spending $750 to $1500 to get globalist by 2/28. Or $1500-3000 rest of year. How much would these runners travel, and use glob benefits, anyway?

Most doing so are not glob, so, properties don't even have to lay out extra. Many properties probably need the cash right now, and in many regions, a couple properties are closed. If there is such great demand, these could reopen.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by pWei
Basically, on the low end, these mattress running would be spending $750 to $1500 to get globalist by 2/28. Or $1500-3000 rest of year. How much would these runners travel, and use glob benefits, anyway?

Most doing so are not glob, so, properties don't even have to lay out extra. Many properties probably need the cash right now, and in many regions, a couple properties are closed. If there is such great demand, these could reopen.
A few issues with your post.

1) People doing Mattress Runs are doing them at Hyatt Places (almost exclusively) due to price.

2) One could only stay 10 Nights before 2/28 to get Globalist if they get the WOH CC.

3) Because they are “staying” (may actually be staying, but more than likely checking in and not physically staying) extra perks do not matter. Not that any are actually provided at Hyatt Place properties.

4) Once Globalist status is attained the goal would be to use those benefits at significantly better properties throughout 2021 and 2022.

Based on TSA travel numbers travel is getting closer to pre-Pandemic levels. So there is a significant amount of people traveling.

Last edited by Matt4200; Feb 18, 2021 at 4:17 pm
Old Feb 18, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Matt4200
A few issues with your post <snip>

Based on TSA travel numbers travel is almost back at pre-Pandemic levels. So there is a significant amount of people traveling.
Um, yea...no.

Regards
Old Feb 18, 2021, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Um, yea...no.

Regards
Rephrased check above.

I invest heavily in airline stocks so I’m checking TSA numbers almost daily. I see many days where the number of travelers is close to half of pre-pandemic numbers. Considering that business travel is on hiatus right now for the most part that’s almost all leisure travel.

I’ve been one 8 flights in the last 30 days and they’ve all been at 100% capacity as they’re no longer blocking middle seats.

Also, nice of you to take one small snippet of my post to drop your regards on rather than the whole post.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 4:48 pm

Rephrased check above.

I invest heavily in airline stocks so I’m checking TSA numbers almost daily. I see many days where the number of travelers is close to half of pre-pandemic numbers. Considering that business travel is on hiatus right now for the most part that’s almost all leisure travel.

I’ve been one 8 flights in the last 30 days and they’ve all been at 100% capacity as they’re no longer blocking middle seats.

Also, nice of you to take one small snippet of my post to drop your regards on rather than the whole post.
As you note, business travel is basically non existent right now. As is most international to US recreational travel.

The “100% full flights” also needs to be looked at in context of schedules being *massively* reduced, with fewer frequencies and more routes now requiring people to connect to get to their destinations.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 4:57 pm

As you note, business travel is basically non existent right now. As is most international to US recreational travel.

The “100% full flights” also needs to be looked at in context of schedules being *massively* reduced, with fewer frequencies and more routes now requiring people to connect to get to their destinations.
And as vaccinations rollout travel is only going to continue growing.

You also haven’t referenced my original post either to which this portion you’ve commented on is only a snippet.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 5:14 pm

And as vaccinations rollout travel is only going to continue growing.

You also haven’t referenced my original post either to which this portion you’ve commented on is only a snippet.
Well yes, my comments were related to your comment on air travel trends. But in relation to your other post:

1) People doing Mattress Runs are doing them at Hyatt Places (almost exclusively) due to price.

2) One could only stay 10 Nights before 2/28 to get Globalist if they get the WOH CC.

3) Because they are “staying” (may actually be staying, but more than likely checking in and not physically staying) extra perks do not matter. Not that any are actually provided at Hyatt Place properties.

4) Once Globalist status is attained the goal would be to use those benefits at significantly better properties throughout 2021 and 2022.
1) Very likely to be the case in most situations. Hyatt Place isn’t always the cheapest property in all locations, but in general, yes.

2) only if you signed up for the CC in Q4. Otherwise you’d only have 5 nights from the CC and need 13 nights before 2/28 *if* you signed up for Bonus Journeys. There’s a surprising number of people on here who didn’t sign up before it closed. And if people aren’t actively using FlyerTalk of following the blogs then it’s very likely they didn’t sign up.

3) , 4) True.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 5:20 pm

Well yes, my comments were related to your comment on air travel trends. But in relation to your other post:

1) Very likely to be the case in most situations. Hyatt Place isn’t always the cheapest property in all locations, but in general, yes.

2) only if you signed up for the CC in Q4. Otherwise you’d only have 5 nights from the CC and need 13 nights before 2/28 *if* you signed up for Bonus Journeys. There’s a surprising number of people on here who didn’t sign up before it closed. And if people aren’t actively using FlyerTalk of following the blogs then it’s very likely they didn’t sign up.

3) , 4) True.
I’d say in about 95% of cases a MR is done at HP.

For offers I usually check DoC which has a huge following so that’s why I’d assume a lot got in on that offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.